ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Shabad - Gurmat Krishan Govardhan Dhaarae||
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2007 08:25AM

During sehaj paath this morning, I came across the following pankiti that stood out, depending on my avastha:

Gurmat, Krishan Govardhan Dhaaray||

There are four words in this pankiti. Lets go through meanings of all four words:

1) Gurmat: This word here means through Gurmat i.e. Guru di matt raahee. Gurmat is absolute in all times and is unchangeable.

2) Krishan: There is a sihaari in the end of this word making it Karta Kaarak naav. The meaning is Siri Krishan ne i.e. implying Siri Krishna jee as doer of some action.

3) Govardhan: It is a mountain about 15-16 km from Vrindrabana, where Siri Krishna in his childhood used to gaze his cows along with his friends. When Indra threatened the Gokul residents with thunderstorm, Siri Krishna lifted this mountain with his finger and provided umbrella protection to all residents who came under it.

4) Dhaarae: lifted up (a verb).

The full pankiti would be translated as through the power of Gurmat, Siri Krishna lifted the Govardhan mountain. Everybody thinks that Siri Krishna lifted this mountain with his own might but Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee Maharaj has made it clear that it was through Gurmat that Siri Krishna perform this great feat. So it was Guru Sahib who was behind all miracles and feats of Avatars.

Kulbir Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2007 07:40AM by admin.

Re: Gurmat Krishan Govardhan Dhaarae||
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2007 02:46PM

"So it was Guru Sahib who was behind all miracles and feats of Avatars. "

Acceptable.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib