Bibek Budh in Speaking/Writing
Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: January 25, 2010 11:21AM

What a strange world this is, within our Panth we have

People in power who should not be in power
Leaders who should not be leading
Parcharaks who should not be doing parchar
People writing who should not be writing

The Bibek Budhee is no where to be seen.

This seems on the outset not to be right, but this is how it should be. For only in this scenario will we be able to see the true glory of Bhagats. If everything was perfect then the distinction can not be seen. Gurbanee makes it quite clear that everything is being done in Akaal Purkh’s will.

The Bhagats however watch this Thamasha without being part of the problem. They rely on Gurbanee to swim across this Ocean of Kaljug. It’s within the nature of Bhagats to talk little. You can not be a true Bhagat if you are talking constantly.

There is a time when Bhagats need to speak and will speak. This is when Bibek Bhudhee from Gurbanee indicates the need to act. You can not be a Bibekee if you are engaged in talking and arguing constantly.

For if you are like me now, when writing or speaking you can not be engaged with Naam.

ਨਾਨਕਗਲਾਝੂਠੀਆਸਚਾਨਾਮੁਸਮਾਲਿ ॥੧॥
(O Nanak, talk is false; contemplate the True Name. ||1||)

Most of what we talk is wasteful at best but more than often it causes more talk and sometimes arguing. Wasteful talk creates a wasteful Mann and body. If the talk is hurtful and of ninda then this will cause damage to you.

Some are engaged in talk because of ego, this is quite dangerous and happens more often than not subconsciously.

ਕਿਸਹੀਜੋਰੁਅਹੰਕਾਰਬੋਲਣਕਾ ॥
(Some speak in egotistical power)

This ego talk is increased manifold in leaders and people who think they have some knowledge like me. This talk is even more damaging because it affects more than a few. It becomes even more difficult to engage in Naam if you are stuck here.

ਬਾਹਰਹੁਪੰਡਿਤਸਦਾਇਦੇਮਨਹੁਮੂਰਖਗਾਵਾਰ ॥
(Outwardly, they call themselves Pandits, religious scholars, but in their minds they are foolish and ignorant)

ਹਰਿਸਿਉਚਿਤੁਨਲਾਇਨੀਵਾਦੀਧਰਨਿਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
(They do not focus their consciousness on the Lord; they love to engage in arguments)

ਵਾਦਾਕੀਆਕਰਨਿਕਹਾਣੀਆਕੂੜੁਬੋਲਿਕਰਹਿਆਹਾਰੁ ॥
(They speak to cause arguments, and earn their living by telling lies)

Some may argue that some talk can be beneficial, this is true but you need Bibek to apply this. You should not sell gems so easily, Gurbanee says

ਵਿਣੁਗਾਹਕਗੁਣੁਵੇਚੀਐਤਉਗੁਣੁਸਹਘੋਜਾਇ ॥
(If virtue is sold when there is no buyer, then it is sold very cheap)

ਗੁਣਕਾਗਾਹਕੁਜੇਮਿਲੈਤਉਗੁਣੁਲਾਖਵਿਕਾਇ ॥
(But if one meets a buyer of virtue, then virtue sells for hundreds of thousands)

You should not feel anger if some can not buy this commodity, instead have sympathy in their loss. Why argue? Are you trying to help them or is it just for your satisfaction? Are you sure you are right? Do you talk with Guru Jee Hazar Nazar?

I read the above Gurbanee shabads/pangtees during the last two days while doing sehaj Paath, they can be found on angs 1070 - 1092 These lines have reflected my thoughts and the goings on around me. I thought I would share this with others. Even though by writing this it might come across hypercritical.

In essence we should all endeavour to speak/write less and spend what ever time we have in doing Jaap of Naam/Gurbanee.

I will end with this point, that in a World like this it is not those who make the most noise who are full but it is those who make little noise who are full of Naam. These are the real Bibekee Bhagats.

ਕਹੁਕਬੀਰਛੂਛਾਘਟੁਬੋਲੈ ॥
(Says Kabeer, the empty pitcher makes noise)

ਭਰਿਆਹੋਇਸੁਕਬਹੁਨਡੋਲੈ ॥੪॥੧॥
(but that which is full makes no sound. ||4||1||)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 02:35PM by admin.

Re: Bibek Budh in Speaking/Writing
Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2010 08:41AM

Bump

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib