ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Ramkali Ki Vaar
Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: November 24, 2009 10:42AM

COuld Sangat please tell when Ramkali ki var should be read????
Must Sukhmani sahib i be read at amrit vela or also in the evening???
And what other Shabads can be read the day after rehraas or nitnem. Like basant ki vaar when should this be read????

Re: Ramkali Ki Vaar
Posted by: Jaskirat Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2009 06:13AM

Veer Jee, apart from 5 Banis in the morning, Sri Rehraas Sahib in the evening and Sri Sohilaa Sahib at night before sleeping there are no restrictions on when any bania can be read. For example there are Gursikhs who recite Sri Sukhmani Sahib in the morning and then again with Sri Rehraas Sahib in the evening. I also think that any of the 7 Nitnem banis can be recited at any other time in the day other than when they have to be recited. I think a lot of Sikhs have unnecessary worry about when to recite such and such banis, some may have even become somewhat superstitious about this.

The only exception to this as far as I know is Sri Chandi Di Vaar (only in the daytime, if being recited at night must be recited all night long) as detailed in Sri Baba Harnaam Singh Jee's biography Se Kinehiya. So, apart from Sri Chandi Di Vaar, I would say anytime allthetime :)

Apologies for all mistakes, I hope Gursikhs will correct them.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2009 06:28AM

Abhyaasi jeeo,

> COuld Sangat please tell when Ramkali ki var
> should be read????

Ramkali ki Vaar can be read anytime. There is no restriction on when to do paath of it. Traditionally its paath is done at the time of Sodar Rehraas Sahib but many Gursikhs do paath of this baani along with both morning and evening nitnems.

> Must Sukhmani sahib i be read at amrit vela or
> also in the evening???

Siri Sukhmani Sahib can be done at any time. Many Gursikhs do it at amritvela and some Gursikhs do it along with Naam Abhyaas in at amritvela. It greatly aids in Naam Abhyaas because it is just full of Naam and talks extensively about Naam. Gursikhs try to do several paaths of this baani throughout the day so the question of doing it either at amritvela or during daytime or at evening time just does not arise. They do it at all 3 times. It is a must to memorize this amrit baani. This baani is indispensible for seekers of Vaheguru who want to Japp Naam and please Vaheguru.

> And what other Shabads can be read the day after
> rehraas or nitnem.

Any shabad that you like can be read throughout the day. As written above, Siri Sukhmani Sahib can be done all day long. This should be done when our mind wanders away from japping Naam. The first option should be to do Abhyaas and when the mind does not want to get into abhyaas, then a shabad or baani should be done.

>Like basant ki vaar when should
> this be read????

Many Gursikhs do this paath when they do parkash of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee while some other Gursikhs do this paath while doing ishnaan. Normally, one can do up to 25 paaths of Basant ki Vaar from the time one gets up and does ishnaan. It is a matter of personal choice. I personally prefer to do Basant ki Vaar paaths when doing ishnaan. The first thing to do when one gets up is remember Vaheguru by saying Naam. Then one should do at least some paath of Mool Mantra and then Siri Jap jee Sahib or Basant ki Vaar or any other paath one may want to do. Once Ishnaana is done, one should engage in Nitnem and then Naam Abhyaas. Some Gursikhs like to do abhyaas before nitnem, that too is fine. Guru Sahib is not going to get angry if one does either way.

Some Gursikhs say that as per the hukam "Phir chare diwas Gurbani gaavai, Behindiya uthdiya Har naam Dhyaavai", one must do nitnem only after sunrise. But please note that this hukam is for doing kirtan of Gurbani (Gurbani Gavai, not paath karai) and does not apply to nitnem of 5 baanis. Gursikhs ideally should conclude their amritvela with Siri Asa kee Vaar kirtan. In olden days, Gursikhs used to gather in Dharamshala (as per vaars of Bhai Gurdas jee) to do kirtan in the morning. Today too if not at Dharamshala (Gurdwara Sahib), then at least at home one should try to do kirtan of Siri Asa kee Vaar and conclude their amritvela nitnem with it.

Kulbir Singh

Date: November 26, 2009 06:41AM

Daas also heard todo Ramakali ki Vaar after reraas. So does that mean that this baani can be read at any time like sukhmani sahib and basant ki vaar????

Date: November 27, 2009 07:12AM

Daas's previous post was totaly senseless. The question was already answered by BHai Kulbir singh ji. Thx veerjee

Posted by: Charan Dhoor (IP Logged)
Date: November 28, 2009 09:40AM

wjkk wjkf

Cud Bhai sahib Kulbir Singh or other gursikhs tell some stories of the lives of gursikhs Sathaa and Balvanda please?

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib