ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

New to Vancouver BC
Posted by: Dass (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2009 11:56AM

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru JI Ki Fateh

I have recently moved to Vancouver Canada and looking for sangat,does anyone know if there are any Kirtan Darbar's, Naam Simran programmes which I could attend?

Guru Fateh Parvaan
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Re: New to Vancouver BC
Posted by: Sukhdeep SIngh (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2009 03:46PM

I think there is AMrit Vela Naam Simran everyday at the Khalsa School. I will try to get more information and post later

Date: November 21, 2009 12:50PM

Thank you Veer ji.

Posted by: Jangbir (IP Logged)
Date: November 21, 2009 10:55PM

Khalsa School Weekend Programs(Surrey):
Saturday: Akhand Kirtan Program - 5:30pm-8:30pm
Sunday: Sadh Sangat Program (Dodra) - 2:30pm-5:30pm

Gurdwara Sukh Sagar Sahib(New Westminster):
you can go to [sukhsagar.ca] and see which kirtanees are at the gurdwara sahib. They have amazing weekend programs and world-renowned kirtanees such as Bhai Harjinder Singh and Bhai Niranjan Singh who come often.

Gurdwara Dasmesh Darbar Sahib(Surrey):
Has many programs and a large sangat as well. Here is the website where you can find the daily schedule - [www.dasmeshdarbar.ca]

"Surrey" Gurdwara(Surrey):
This gurdwara just recently came into the hands of the Youth Slate [newfuture.ca] which will receive control/keys in January. Expect big changes, a lot of sangat, seva opportunities, and many programs =D

Harjas(usually in Burnaby area):
This sangat...known as Harjas, has many kirtans held at individual's houses. You can find information on this website [www.harjas.com]

The Akhand Kirtani Jatha also holds 2-3 week long smagams every year (usually at Khalsa School Surrey) culminating with rainsbae.php. I believe there is going to be a smagam soon in December! Look out for posters at gurdwaray or ask any dumalla-ish singh/singhanee in surrey. Most people know about the programs so it's not too hard to find out =P

There are also many house programs and akhand kirtani jatha house smagams which aren't advertised much but can be found out about once you interact and speak with the sangat more.

Hope you find the Surrey Sangat to be the beautiful thing it is =)

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 11:35AM by admin.

Posted by: Sukhdeep SIngh (IP Logged)
Date: November 22, 2009 12:54PM

I have heard that Khalsa school which is located at 69 and 124 Street in Surrey BC has amrit vela 7 days a week. ALso there is an Canadian SIkhi email list in which SInghs email the whole group whenever there are Sikhi related events ( Simran, Seva,atc). You can get on the list by emailing the following address
seva@bcsikhs.com

Hope you get an abundance of Simran , Seva, and Sadh Sangat

Date: November 22, 2009 04:58PM

Guru Fateh Parvaan

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Appreciate all the information provided by Guru ke Sikhs.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib