ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Guru Sahibs Saroop at home
Posted by: Singh. (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2009 10:58AM

Please would Singhs at the Gurdwara Sahib answer the following questions about having Guru Granth Sahibs Saroop at home:

- What is the Maryada for having Guru Sahib at house, i.e. Would someone have to be present at the house all the time in hazoori? (There is only 1 Singh living in the house).

- What about if one goes to a rainsbai keertan all night? What would be the best protocol, i.e. Would one have to come back early in order to do parkash? Or could it be done later after arriving from the kirtan? In this instant would it be ok to do sukhasan early??

- If one has no seperate room (sachkhand) for Guru Sahibs sukhasan can a kambal/razaaee be placed on Maharaj on the takhat posh as I've seen some Singhs do before. OR would it be fine to place Maharaj in an open cupboard/shelf? (referring to Gurmat Lekh by Bhai Randhir Singh)

- How often do the rumaaley need to be changed? Is it only when the need arises or daily?

- How would one do amritvela with hair open in Guru jee's hazoori? Would kes have to be dried after doing parkash or before? Would one do amritvela first and then do parkash? Or after?

- Will degh have to be made every day?

I would like if all the questions could be answered in detail in regards to what the singhs at the Gurdwara Sahib do and what the Singhs in India do...I am planning for Guru Sahibs saroop at home sometime soon.

Please write anything else important I need to know.

Re: Guru Sahibs Saroop at home
Posted by: 13khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2009 02:57AM

The respect which can be given to Guru Jee is limitless. So you will find some GurSikhs will do more than others because there are no limits.

With that in mind it is very hard to give any advice, what I might do may not be seen as good enough for others. Your sharda, pyar and fear should be your guides, your circumstances and environment will also play a part in what is possible and what is not.

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2009 03:28AM

RESPECT for Guru Granth Sahib Ji maharaj..is without limits..no one can decide where the line stops...
I have a sroop at home..i parkash daily, do sehaj paath, vichaar, take Hukm, do ardass in Guru Jis presence, change the rumallas daily, and the sukhassan chadrs every week, the covers for the gadellas weekly, and make sure everything is clean and as nice as i can make it.
I have seen some Gurmukhs do even more..this one dear friend changes everything daily..thats his pyaar....as ones avastha..so be it..Guru Ji knows our hearts...dillan deena jaanda. BUT the Most Importnat thing is Guru Ji definitley wnats us to READ, Vichaar Gurbani and FOLLOW his teachings and APPLY them to change our daily Life. IF we dont do that..then its a lost cause..because lip service and utton utton "Pyaar" is fake pyaar.

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

Posted by: Singh. (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2009 02:05PM

Will Degh need to be prepared every day? Or just on special occasions..

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2009 10:02PM

NO JI..DEG (Karah Parshaad) is necessity only on special ocassion/path da bhog/kirtan samagam ( even family samgams).
Daily Paraksh smaptee i dont prepare deg. Btw neitehr is deg prepared at any of the Gurdawars I visit on a daily basis...they also do paraksh and sampatee only.

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

Posted by: bemukh (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2009 08:54PM

dear Singh g,

Sat sri akal, Waheguru g da khalsa waheguru g di fateh.

I Felt great to hear that you are planning to bring (sthapan) Guru Sahib g's Saroop at your location. Ur concerns are all very ovious as u will be soon having 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's prakash at ur home.

As Arshi veerg rightly said the deg is prepared only on special occasions. And everyday Beside reading 'Khulla path' or Gurbani, the thing that is utmost important is 'Mukhwak', Parkash and Smapatee.

Coming towards Takhtposh, Rajai, Rumalee and Kambal all these are necessary and required.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2009 06:49PM

Many years ago, Bhai Rama Singh while visiting our house, casually told us that if possible, degh should be prepared everyday if Maharaj jee's parkash is done at home. If possible the following should be done if Maharaj jee's parkash is done at home:

1) The amritvela should conclude with Siri Asa kee Vaar kirtan (or paath if no kirtani at home) and degh.

2) There should be Sodar di chaunki at evening time or paath if no one is kirtani at home.

3) Sehaj paath of Siri Guru jee should be always on and minimum of 5 angs should be done daily. One sehaj paath a year by each adult member should be the minimum.

4) Takhatposh vichhaayee, rumaalay etc should be changed as required. Ideally, taking lead from Darbar Sahib, they should be changed everyday but normal Grihasthi person cannot do so. So the rumaalay should be changed as required.

The above is based on meagre understanding I have gained from sangat of Gursikhs and books of Gurmukhs. It is by no means binding on anyone.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2009 07:47AM

Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji, please tell us something more abour bhai rama singh g's visit to toronto etc.... I think all the sangat will benefit from this laha.

Date: November 15, 2009 01:23PM

NO ? (lol)

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 16, 2009 09:04AM

Vaheguru Vaheguru!! Abhyasi jeeo, Bhai Rama Singh jee visited our house very briefly. They did great Kirpa and chhak home made pizza at our home. They did pyaar to our kids. Our younger bhujangi did not use to go to any stranger but he went running towards Bhai Sahib. Bhai Sahib embraced him and for long time kept doing abhyaas. Our son was only about 3 years old then. They gave him asees and did bachan that he will grow up and do sewa in Punj Pyare. May by Guru Sahib’s Kirpa, this bachan come true.

My father was also present there and he complained about me to Bhai Rama Singh jee. My father said that I had become very rigid in Bibek Sarbloh rehit. Bhai Sahib inquired from me and I responded saying that I just follow what Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee have written about Sikhi rehit and what I believe to be Guru Sahib rehit. Then they commented about Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee and in his typical UP accent said, Voh tau bahut Mahaan thhay. Unke jaiso kaun ho sakta hai (He was very great. Who can be like him).

As I wrote before they told us that if possible, degh should be prepared everyday if there is Parkash of Guru Sahib at home. We have tried to follow this bachan as much as possible.

They also said that if you clean your teeth with Black pepper and salt everyday, your teeth will stay healthy all life. Their own teeth were remarkably clean and healthy.

Bhai Sahib had very special eyes and his gaze was very powerful.

This is what comes to mind at this time.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Date: November 24, 2009 10:38AM

Thank u very much veerjee. But now tell daas how to clean teeth with pepper and salt?????

Date: January 06, 2010 10:51AM

Is it necesary to have a seperate room for sukhasan? And should the parkash be done on the top floor of the house?

Posted by: Takhat Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 06, 2010 03:38PM

However much respect we give to Sri Guru Granth Sahib is not enough. Generally speaking if a separate room for sukhasan is available then that is best but if not, then sukhasan can be done in the same room on a separate bed.

Parkash should be on the top floor of the house as people should not be walking on top of the parkash area. If there is a separate wing of the house that does not have a floor above it, then that would be fine as well I think.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib