ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Questions?
Posted by: gupt (IP Logged)
Date: June 11, 2009 05:50PM

vaheguroojeekaakhalsavaheguroojeekeefateh

daas had a few qestions which were on daas's mind and was wondering if somebody could answer them

1. is there a difference between naam and naoo as mentioned in SGGSJ
2. What do Dreams Mean?

thank you in advance

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is a preperation for death

Re: Questions?
Posted by: Jangbir (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2009 05:55PM

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I don't think I'll be able to answer your first question but I'll try to help with your second question, based on personal experience.

Overall, there's 4 ways I classify my dreams

- Sometimes I have dreams about random things like unicorns and pink mountains, etc (overly exaggerated examples)...I wouldn't try to over-analyze these "interesting" dreams ;)

- Sometimes, I've dreamt about things which have been bothering me a lot or that I've been thinking about lately. Guru Ji may even try to teach you a lesson and help you through the use of a particularly vivid dream

- If you don't hold your vices in control, they may take advantage of your uncontrollable mind during this state

- Then there are those lucky lucky lucky lucky people who experience anand/simran while they're asleep. There's no way to explain the feeling. It's beautiful

I tried my best to answer your question, though I probably went off on a tangent =).

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2009 08:57AM

Generally Naam and Naao mean the same but on some occasions Naao can mean boat, Justice or bathing ie in “ਨਾਉਕਰਤਾਕਾਦਰਕਰੈ” ਨਾਉ means justice.

As for you second question this is a more difficult one to answer, I don’t think anyone has been able to define what dreams truly are. If some one could give it the correct definition then it would give proof to things like life after death and other mysteries as this source is not governed by the five elements which can not be switched on or off by the body. Dreams are a reflection of your atma. Dreams are a window into other realms, people studying dreams have said that the brain shows activity to be most like wakefulness when dreams occur in your sleep.

Gurbanee states that this life is also a dream. It is just another realm, what we are doing here is reflected in all realms. If someone is indulged in the five evils then those will be reflected in his actions here and in his dreams. If you are doing silly things then you will get silly dreams.

However if someone was to be doing True Naam Bhagtee in his life then this Naam will also being occurring in his dreams. Gursikhs have been able to see many things in their dreams. They have been able to do communication with other Gursikhs, they have seen their past and sometimes their future. They have been able to do darshan of Guru Jee through this realm. Guru Jee also has sometimes used this window to send in-direct warnings and messages.

The above are only my thoughts so I could be wrong so I apologies for anything that does not fall in line with Gurmat.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

Posted by: gupt (IP Logged)
Date: July 03, 2009 05:30PM

thanks guys

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is a preperation for death

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib