ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Joot
Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: May 12, 2009 10:13AM

I was reading Guru Jee’s Bhagat Banee of Kabeer jee which was talking about Joot. This Gurbanee reinforced my views regarding this subject. Below are a few points I would like to point out on the issue.

The whole panth cutting across all different jathas accepts that the eating of Joot from non Amritdharies is forbidden. I don’t think I’ve come across anyone that has said this is OK.

The question is why is this the case. I lot of Amritdharies can not give a convincing answer. They know this is something that can have an effect on their Amrit.
When asked further on how this affects them then they seem to go quiet.

When asked doesn’t the notion of not eating Joot from non Amritdharies give them a superior status most will agree it does and they also agree it makes them distinct and different from others but they can not expand futher.

The only Gursikhs that can give an account for themselves are the ones that keep Bibek. This is because the principles of Bibek and Joot are interlinked and the reasoning’s are the same.

Over a period of time the majority of the Panth has given up the dietary Bibek rehat but has hung on to the notion of not eating Joot from non amritdharies as a token gesture because this was probably easier to do.

However going back Guru Jee's Banee we are told everything is Joota the only exception are people with Naam/Sachee Bibek. In Amritsanchaars we are given an example of who we can share with as we all drink from the same Bata. This example clearly tells us that it is OK to have Joot from Gursikhs who have been given the same rehat and Naam in that Amritsanchaar.

If we then consider what Gurbanee says then when we eat from the hands of non amritdharies then it is unavoidable that we have their joot as everything is joota.

The bottom line is that we should only eat from the people who we are happy to accept joot from.

Re: Joot
Posted by: random_singhni (IP Logged)
Date: July 31, 2009 09:17AM

These days we should try our best to AVOID anyones jhoot,, its unhealthy your sharing sumones germs and giving yours,,\
Like for example if i have parasites in my stomach if sumone eats my jhoot they will get bad germs from me,
thus it really makes sense to avoid and use total sucham while preparing food, long nails should be cut and hands should be washed properly becuz theres alot of nasty things that get stuck in our nails that dontget washed but if we were to make atta then offcourse those bad germs are getting in the food,

Waheguru
bhul bhuk mafffi

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2009 10:58PM

its best to avoid JOOTH from everybody. With epidemics like the latest H1N1 Virus sweeping the world...its healthier that way.
After all Bhagat Namdev has already said that everything in this world is JHOOTHA...isnt the water jootha from the fishes and germs bacteria..isnt the milk jhootha by the vachha..the germs in it..etc etc.
ITs best to keep the Best Personal hygeine..as Gurbani already recommends.
Gursikhs reciting Gurbani while cooking are better than bhaiyas smoking beerrees while cooking. Never touch any food already touched by a smoker...its filthy by any standard....so most public eating places are out...if i eat out its only at the Gurdwara or at Gursikhs houses..other times i striclty keep to my own house kitchen.

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2010 08:38AM

Bump

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib