ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Questions about 1984 and Astrology
Posted by: c_gill (IP Logged)
Date: May 07, 2009 09:23AM

Dear Sangat,

QUESTION #1
I have been recently thinking about the 1984/85 events that happened to our people. I used to be able to read and see the pictures of the event but find I cannot even look at them or read the stories of what has happened anymore - do any of you feel this way? I feel such a deep pain and despair that leaves me depressed and shattered for many days......sometimes I can't function, thinking over and over about the human condition and what has happened to those people? I can't read our history anymore. I am not sure why...................

The question comes to me time and time again: why has all this has happened and why does it repeat itself so much in our history? Why are so many people always against us?

I think of the for example women who were raped and survived - do we really think that they will have faith in God after going through such a difficult time? Will they not ask themselves where was God when I was being raped and I cried out for his help? They have become permanently damaged and scared. On top of that our people have not helped them and basically ignored what they went through. How can these people heal and trust in a country or society on the whole? I don't know how they pass there days after going through such a thing........there is no life left to live and I doubt very much they have turned to Sikhi after such a thing.

Or is the problem us as a Sikh Nation? Have we gone astray from our path and we needed a wake up call? The thing is did we really wake up - from the looks of it I would say no. Rather more people turned away from Sikhi then embraced it after this.

How could the mobsters loose there mind and do such a thing to innocent people? It makes you think that people are just waiting for a chance to lash out at anybody if given the chance. What has happened to peoples thinking? Who were the actual people who did these acts? Were they poor and frustrated, how did the gov't motivate people to act in such a way on such short notice? How could they bring themselves to do such things?

Was this whole act a play of karma? Was everybody affected going to receive it anyway?

When I travel to India though, I always get the feeling the larger population doesn't like Sikhs......for those who have lived there is this the case?

Pls provide some help/solace to my aching heart....................

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

QUESTION #2
I was discussing with a friend of mine my fianacial/family problems. He was Gursikh and suggested to me to visit an astrologer to get a remedy of the problem.

I was quick to say that we only ask Guru for help and what can an astrologer do for me?

He raised the point that like when we are sick we go to the dr or when the car is broken to a mechanic or when we need cloths we go to a store, the same way is an astrologer. Just a person who can find a remedy to a your problem. He further explained that astrology is not based on any religion, rather scientific alignment of the planets. It applies to everybody regardless of there faith. Rather it doesn't go against our Guru teachings. It the same as going to the dr, does that go against the Guru's teachings? He also says that most people don' t really know anything about astrology - they assume it is Hindu pooja mumbo jumbo. But it is science just like medicine, engineering and others. He also notes it was during the Singh Sabha movment that Sikhs started to think this way............but only the hardcore ones mainstream he says still go to astrologers.

He also says that Gurbanee is the way to your soul and it doesn't have anything to do with material things (dhandaa - wordly affairs), it's all about reaching the soul and God. We use Banee ot get out material things, but we have twisted the meaning the shabads. For Ex:

"Thir Gar Basoe Harjan Piarai, Satgur Tumrai Kaaj Savarai"

The "Kaaj" or work referenced here is not wordly but spiritual progress (i.e bhagtee)

But Sikhs have twisted the meaning and started to apply them to wordly gains. Therefore our Panth has become commercial not spiritual hence our problems.........

Basically he is saying that go to the right person for the right thing........if you are sick you don't solely pray you go to the dr etc, etc. In the begining and end a prayer is made to God for blessings.

Now me being in the distraught/damaged/hopeless state that I am got me thinking. Is what he is saying correct. Pls let me know.............

Re: Questions about 1984 and Astrology
Posted by: mpsingh86 (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2009 02:37AM

Hukam Rajai Chalna Nanak Likhaa Naal.

What i can suggest you is that DO "Thir Gar Basoe Harjan Piarai, Satgur Tumrai Kaaj Savarai" shabad jaap for 40 days by devoting atleast 2hours daily. then do ardasa infront of Guru Granth Sahibji's Saroop seeking what you want(Spiritual Upliftment or Matrial Objects). I am 200% sure, you will get what you want from Maharajji.

Regards,

Posted by: c_gill (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2009 09:48AM

Thanks for the response,

I am some what doubtfull, I have tried many 40 day things (for the last 2 or so years) and they don't seem to be working.............

How is this one supposed to be done? 2 hours all at once or can it be split up 1 hour morning and evening?

I would appreciate everybody's help..............

Posted by: staffsv (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2009 03:59PM

Bani is Spiritual that helps us lift up our morals. Please don't take any suggestions to do read any bani by counting the numbers. Guru ji suggests us -'ek ghadi aadi ghadi aadhi hu tey aadh....' meaning even if we do naam jup for a fraction of a second wholeheartedly, our life is meaningful but instead we keep doing baani jaap in countings that does not help us concentrate as we concentrate more on countings and time where as there is no such time we can't/shouldn't remeber god.

The other pint raised by your friend....see a doctor when we are not well suggesting seeing an astrologer...

The answer to the above is that Guru sahib ji had medicine centres himself opened to help needy people, But there is a big difference between a doctor and the astrologer:
A doctor gives you medicine to make you feel better. Discusses the issue and describes whether there is a remedy for it or not and also tells you the side effects of the medicine if that could effect your health in any way etc
But what does an astrologer do? Pure lies. Wear this stone in your such a such finger...wear clothes of a certain color, put this much brown daal in the river on such a such day.....(why not give that rice/lentils to a poor one whos been hungry or cant afford that product)

Astrology, the whole universe runs in the hands of waheguru ji so why worry.

And to my knowledge we see our history repeating itself and sikhs suffering continues to wake up sleaping sikhs. so take amrit di pahul, understand bani on spiritual basis as the shabad 'Thir ghar beh so harjan piyare....doesn't mean ghar as house, but it means ghar as our body,....dush doot parmeshar maarey....means our 5 evils are dusht kaam krodh lobh moh hankaar. so we are doing benti to satguru ji to help us rise above these 5 evils/dushts. those who are able to win over these 5 are the maha purh, true gursikhs and that history repetition will carry on take places until we all become brahmgiani by killing 5 dushts.

hope the message is clear.
Dhanwaad

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib