ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

How have we progressed as a culture/civlization?
Posted by: krishan (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2009 03:42AM

I recently visited Gurdwara Bangla Sahib with my elderly (70) mother. After sitting/meditating in the darbar in great peace for over an hour...we came out. My mohter went to use the outdoor restroom there.

This is yet another instance when it became apparent that as Indians we are hardly above the animal kingdom! In fact animals often have more dignity and hygiene in the God given jungle.

The path to ladies restroom was NOT paved or carpeted. worse there were uneven rocks/gravel strewn all over place and even Cars coming in to park had difficulty climbing the rocks. Which people visiting restroom have to fight the car queue. Further, these rocks and dirt were above 50 degrees Centigrade in the noon sun while walking BAREFOOT. But it is not in people nature to demand dignify. anything goes.

Did you know that the Holy Bangla Sahib, given to the panth by actual Guru's estate is an official GOI historical monument? Foreigners are visiting by busloads. Is this the face of our Indian civilization we show, in the country's CAPITAL city? At the same time we Indians live in foreign countries demanding every luxury and rights. I am sick. SIck of India. This is 2009.

I know India is 3rd world country. But i have been visiting holy Bangla Sahib over 10 years. Nothing NOTHING has changed. I ask you, is it too difficult to have some cadappa stone paving 3 feet wide to the facilities? Maybe GOI is prohibiting maybe as Indians we don't care about decency.

I am NOT going to describe what is going on INSIDE the Ladies restroom (as described to me by my mother) because it is DISGUSTING. There is no proper "stall" as such. No Soap...let us not mention here. This is a country with countless IIT engineers cramming 8+ hours daily study, sending satellites to space!

During my youth India population was 1/3 (one third) of what it is now. Infrastructure w as inadequate then, what do u think is happening now in Kalyug? What is the value of Indian life? We are animals. Sorry. This post is not about religious issues. Just our culture. that is all.

Wahegure ji ki Fateh.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib