ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Example of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's love and protection of his sikh
Posted by: Mr B (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2009 05:35AM

The following facts and narration of amazing divine play are taken from Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's inspirational book Ranglay Sajan. Bhai Sahib is detailing the jeevan of one Bhai Sarwan Singh, and below is just a few paragraphs cut and pasted into this message from Bhai Sahibs full account of this highly accomplished Gursikh. I strongly reccomend reading the full account of Bhai Sarwan Singh Ji's jeevan from the book to be further inspired as I was. The story is a touching account of Guru Gobibd Singh Ji's loving protection over his Sikh, please enjoy.

Dhan Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Dhan Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

BHAI SARWAN SINGH

Bhai Sarwan Singh's life is a unique role model. He was also a fluent reader of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. He could recite the pathh for seven hours continuously in high pitch, that could be heard in remote corners of the village. Loud speaker is no substitute for such clear loud voice and these were not available then. His recitation was special in that while reciting the pathh loudly, he also used to carry on with breath by breath meditation of Nam

With this technique, he could control his breath at that level and recite pathh of two pages at a time in single breath. At such a time his face had a glow of Divine splendor, amazing to watch. In this rapturous state, he used to lose awareness of his body. Seeing this state once, his close relatives thought that he had lost his mind. With this mistaken belief, they tied him with a thick chain and a pillar for 24 hours. There was no knowledgeable Singh around for his help. It was winter time and he got a fever of 106 C. Even so, he did not lose heart and kept reciting hymns from gurbani. It was the time of ambrosial hours that while tied up and suffering from high fever, Bhai Sahib was singing the following hymns and thinking of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

“ For the sake of a princess, one took up a false garb.
Even such lustful and self-centered was saved.||1||
What is thy compassion, O lord, if one is to suffer for past actions?
Why seek the shelter of a lion, if one was to suffer a jackal? (Pause)
The rain bird suffers for a single rain drop.
What is the use of finding an ocean after death?||2||
How to persevere in this tiredness of life?
What use it would be to get a boat after a death by drowning?||3||
I have no power of my own nor another support,
Save my honor in this occasion, O Lord, Sadna is Thy Slave.||4||”

Reciting the line, “Save my honor at this occasion” again and again he fainted. The villagers heard the sound of the hooves of a galloping horse over the house tops and a few roofs came down and the chain tied to Bhai Sarwan Singh was snapped and the high fever was gone. The glimpse of the Guru banished all afflictions. This real happening was narrated to me by the retired Head-master of Khalsa High School, Ludhiana. Master Dharam Singh of Phalewal and many good souls of village Gujjarwal also heard the sound of hooves of the passing horse from the direction of the Ravine. One Brahman, Harnam Das even claims that he had a momentary glance of the blue mount and the Splendid Rider. God alone knows the truth, yet there is no doubt left that the Guru revealed the miraculous happenings on this occasion.

Re: Example of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's love and protection of his sikh
Posted by: gupt (IP Logged)
Date: February 14, 2009 01:05PM

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOO

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is a preperation for death

Posted by: samosasingh (IP Logged)
Date: March 03, 2009 12:38PM

Could you pls let me know the page where the above shabad is in Guru Jee?

Posted by: Tegbir Singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 06, 2009 02:48PM

Oh yea ive read this story except in Punjabi....amazing shows how Guru Gobind Singh Ji is always watching....

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib