ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Guroo Sahib Jee's suvaari
Posted by: Singh5 (IP Logged)
Date: October 06, 2008 12:24PM

This is something I have been pondering about over the past week or so.

What is the most practical and sensible way which facilitates full satkaar of Guroo Sahib Jee’s saroop while travelling by car? To be exact, I’m asking what would be the most practicle way to carry Guroo Sahib Jee’s saroop whilst in a car.

Feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 12:36PM by admin.

Re: Guroo Sahib Jee's suvaari
Posted by: Harpartap Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2008 07:03AM

VahegurujikaKhalsa, VahegurujikiFateh!

Lower the front seat as far as possible, lean it back a bit then carry Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj on your head. It may be tiring but carrying Maharaj ji on your lap does not seem right for the King of Kings...

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2008 10:52AM

Maryada of Guru Sahib's satkaar is to infinite level. Normally, following considerations are kept when travelling with Satguru jee:

1) At least 5 Gursikhs should travel with Satguru jee.

2) The vehicle should be cleaned.

3) Gursikhs should wear suchay (clean) clothes.

4) Gursikhs should be dressed in Gurmukhi baana and not pant-shirt or other such non-Gurmukhi attire.

5) While travelling Gursikhs should not do any other talk except for Naam Abhyaas, Gurbani kirtan or Gurbani paath.

6) Gursikhs should ensure that the destination where the saroop of Maharaj is being taken to, is appropriate for Guru Sahib i.e. there are no intoxicants, tobacco and no manmatt stuff takes place there.

7) Veer Harpartap Singh has written that the saroop of Siri Guru jee does not seem to be appropriate to place on your lap. Daas has not thought about this but so far, this is the practice that's prevalent in Panth. Placing on the head throughout may not be practical because the roof of the car is not that high. My head normally hits the roof of the car or is very close to it.

8) Continuing on from point 7, perhaps what can be done is custom design a small peera Sahib that can be placed on the seat and this way instead of placing the saroop on your lap, it can be placed on the Manji Sahib. Basically the legs of the manji would be placed on the seat. First the Gursikh would sit and then the Manji Sahib would be placed and then the saroop would go on the Manji Sahib. I just thought of it and I am not totally sure if this is the best way.

This is what I could think right now. Other Gursikhs please expand on this list.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Harpartap Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2008 06:47AM

If a small manji sahib can be used then Guru Sahib ji's saroop should have a kamar kassa tied around them.

No shoes should be worn by the sevadars in the car.

Also, it is traditional for water to be carried and sprinkled on the floor before Guru ji saroop - I am not sure why this is but experience in India makes me think it may be to do with keeping down dust.

Posted by: ramansingh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2008 04:11PM

Veer Kulbir Singh,

If someone is unable to arrange 5 Gursikhs then what is the solution?

What about bringing Saroop from India?

Gurfathe!

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib