ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

why strengthen hands of this police by pota
Posted by: Bhopinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2008 05:41AM

Police sat like stones: Nun recalls rape nightmare

CNN-IBN

Published on Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 20:04, Updated on Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 10:06 in Nation section

Tags: Kandhamal, Nun , New Delhi
E-mail this report | Print this report

SHOCK AND HORROR: She was speaking to CNN-IBN from an undisclosed location.

Criminals get free run in riot-hit Orissa district
Orissa not doing enough for Christians: Centre
Patil asks Orissa Guv for report on Kandhamal

Keywords: Orissa, Father Chellan

New Delhi: It’s a chilling testimony to the lawlessness in Orissa’s Kandhamal district over the last couple of months.

The nun who was allegedly raped during the anti-Christian violence in the state spoke with CNN-IBN and said the state police were mute spectators to her torture.

The victim, who is no longer in the state, said she was fearful of returning. She was speaking to CNN-IBN from an undisclosed location.

However, she said that she could recognise the men who raped her and appealed to the state government to provide immediate protection to people in Kandhamal.

Recalling the nightmare, she said she was dragged out by her hair from the house of a Hindu family where she was hiding.
I was hiding in a Hindu house in Kannuagaon. A mob of 40-50 people with weapons came and dragged me out. They wanted to kill me. But they started undressing me. They also found Father Chellan. They took us both to the road. They then undressed me and raped me. Now if I see them I'll be able to recognise them. Police was not there. They said they would hand me to the police. They wanted to burn Father Chellan. They made us walk in the market. Police was present there but they did not help me,” she recalled.

Attacking the Orissa police, she said, " they (the mob) poured kerosene on Father Chellan and made us walk towards the market...police was there...I thought they will protect us but they were just sitting like stones, they didn't talk or move."

“We have lodged an FIR but haven't got a photocopy. I want justice my people. I want the leaders to give us justice. They must protect our people where ever they are insecure,” she said.

Re: why strengthen hands of this police by pota
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: October 06, 2008 02:16AM

Gurfateh

Das will put some info about why TADA or POTA are differant from other laws.

In general laws confession made by the accused in front of the police is not addmissiable as proof against him/her.But if confession is made in front of magistrate then it is deemed as an evidance.

In POTA or TADA confessions made in front of high ranking police officer is also treated as an evidance against the accused.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib