ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Hair combing miracle
Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: September 13, 2008 08:29AM

I recieved this hair brush this morning and cannot believe it!!!
it is nothing short of a miracle.
Please buy one and post your experience online as this will stop you from pulling out excessive hair while combing......i give it 10 out of 10 and i only pulled out 40% if not less of my usual hair after combing it after i had washed it without using conditioner and less oil to give it a proper test.while i was combing i thought it doesn't work as i faced zero resistance to all the tangles, but within a minute my hair was combed.No one on this forum will post a negative response about this product because it is definitley the best thing you will ever have bought if you treasure your kesh.BUY THIS NOW !!!

the guy who sells this was turned down on the BBC's dargons den

[www.tangleteezer.com]

Re: Hair combing miracle
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 13, 2008 08:57AM

According to my meagre understanding of Rehit Maryada, for an Amritdhari Gursikh, all 5 kakaars are there for a purpose. For combing hair, Guru Sahib has blessed us with a wooden comb called Kangha. To wear a kangha and not use it doesn't seem right. To keep a kangha but use something else for combing your hair is wrong.

As for less hair coming out, I don't think this is the case. When hair get old, they come off automatically. Yes, I agree in some cases if oil is not applied or if your hair are very dry, more may come off but if you keep your hair clean and well-oiled, one should be just fine using one's kangha. No need to use a brush.

Kulbir Singh

Date: September 13, 2008 09:44AM

Dear Kulbir Singh
I used this brush/comb only if the hair has been washed and then only to take out tangles but then it was needed to be finished off using my kanga as it would not be right as you say....but with the modern world and the modern method we use to wash our hair i.e. shampoo....we need not to be over zealous as not to use something also from the modern world which helps us counter act the damage done by shampoo.......my hair is very curly and even the kanga i use is not the one i have in my hair but a large oversize one as it is the only way to get my tangles out.......also people of other races have much worse hair such as afro.......this is just a tool to aid us,not to replace or do away with anything that Guru Sahib has blessed us with in the past and this morning i felt Guru sahib will continue to bless us in the present as well with more gifts such as this brush was for me as i have been very depresed about seeing so much of my hair being pulled out due to tangles and not old age..........please Kulbir Singh try this brush and pass your comment......for everyone else if you feel that your hair is being forcibly pulled out due to the damage done by shampoo and hard water.......then please try this because Gursikhs in the past did not use shampoo.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 13, 2008 10:40AM

Hopeless jeeo,

It's not about using or not using modern equipment. What I meant was that we cannot replace the use of a kakaar with any other thing. Kangha has been given to us to comb our hair. One of the functions of the Kirpan is for bhog of degh. We cannot use a gun to do bhog just because it's modern or perhaps more powerful than the Kirpan. Same holds true for Kachhera. Some may argue that there are better undergarments that Kachhera but this does not mean that we can replace the Kachhera with the new kind of modern garment.

I am not against use of shampoo or other modern stuff so long as it does not clash with maryada. If we had a hukam to wash our hair only with dahee, then no amount of modern invention would have convinced a Gursikh to use it. But in the absence of such hukam, it's perfectly fine to use shampoo that's good on hair.

Kulbir Singh

Date: September 15, 2008 02:11AM

I suppose I will have to accept my action as a 'dhil' because now when i wash my hair....for 30 seconds or so i run this brush through to get the most horrible tangles out before i actually use the kanga for the process of actually combing.......is there texts or other information i can refer to in order to convince myself in the way you are....that what i am doing is not gurmat.......i just hate losing so much hair from my head.

Posted by: satnam22 (IP Logged)
Date: September 15, 2008 07:59AM

Dear hopeless ji, its fine to use this new comb if it helps you to get your tangles out. You shouldn't feel guilty about using it. As you say, some people have very thick afro hair. I have afro hair that is so thick i cannot even comb it when it is dry and even when wet it is very hard to comb with a brush. My beard is also so thick I sometimes bleed from all the hair that gets ripped out when i use a comb, so I use a brush instead. The khangha is a symbol of cleanliness and we shouldn't take things too far and say only the small khanga that is worn should be used. if this new comb is making your sikhi easier to follow then it really is a miracle for you and others who have the same issues as you. For me personally, if brushes had not been invented i doubt i would have been able to keep and maintain my hair in the first place!

Date: September 16, 2008 10:49AM

wooden kanga only is the safe bet.....using this plastic brush will cause static which could damage hair.......but still for punjabi parents who use the excuse that their kids cry to much thus cut their hair......this is a solution which is better than cut hair.

Date: September 16, 2008 11:01AM

ok, it looks like i will be taking Kulbir Singhs stance on this subject......no more taking the easy way out.

Types of materials used to make combs have varied in many ways with changes in hair styles over time, currently a "boxwood" comb has gained the reputation of being the best among various kinds of hair knick-knacks such as celluloid combs, plastic combs, or hair brushes. It is because of the particular characteristics of boxwood that it has certain desirable attributes; the good quality of the material, as a consequence it has an elaborate finish due to careful and sophisticated techniques cultivated over the past years, characteristic good feel, soft touch to the skin and smoothness when combing. In addition, with regard to materials the high density of the wood has toughness along with elasticity, and possesses the ability to prevent damage to your hair caused by static electricity.

The wood is able to prevent static electricity because of its smoothness attributed to its natural oily characteristics, which differs from chemically produced products .The more you use a boxwood comb, the better touch it will have because the sharp teeth of the comb will become blunt. In addition, it will become a beautiful amber color, and you can use it for over thirty years if you use it carefully. The boxwood comb is resistant to produce a static crackle and enables you to set your hair easily. It will also stimulate acupressure points as well as the hair by massaging the scalp to help to maintain a healthy scalp. Have you ever produced static crackles when you pulled your comb through your hair especially if you were using a plastic comb or hairbrush? This is a major cause of split ends or hair loss. According to many books about hair, there were almost no split ends or hair loss in the Edo period (the 17th ~ 19th Century in Japan). Our boxwood combs are made by craftsman with Japanese boxwood. The color of the cases for lady's comb may be a little different from the photographs. Regular boxwood combs are available in medium size only, and two types available. One is regular tooth (for normal straight hair) and rough tooth (for permed hair).

[www.camelliaoil.com]

its funny that its only when modern western science etc. proves the wisdom of our gurus such as the above article....that we start really taking to our gurus hukam such as only using a kanga.......i think its best i start to just follow my gurus hukam without question.

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2008 01:42PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

hopeless jio,

Your last post really brought hope here. Seeing this picture one can say it is a Kanga.

http://www.camelliaoil.com/comb-l2.jpg

As it is longer in length, so for the usage to keep in Jhoora is difficult which is also important but other than that it is much better than plastic combs. Pricy though ...?

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: xzik101 (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2008 08:16PM

That looks like a Kanga but only longer.

Posted by: M Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2008 11:37AM

Well done "hopelees-less" Veer Ji. U have added so much information and faith under this thread.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib