ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Gursikh jeevan?
Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 03, 2008 10:48AM

Pyareo gursikho jee,

Every gursikh has been given a hukam to recite atleast japjee sahib, jaap sahib, tva prasaad swaiye, chopai sahib and anand sahib jeee.

Evening reraas sahib

before sleeping - kirtan sohila

However I feel this is very minimum, if we wanna reach high spirtual realms. Could gursikhs like bhai kulbir singh jee add to the morning, evening and before going to sleep list of what extra baania gursikhs should read. For example what extra baania puraatan gursikhs use to read and what extra baania we should now read in this day in age to have a chardi kala jeevan.

Gurfaateh jee

Re: Gursikh jeevan?
Posted by: Singh. (IP Logged)
Date: September 04, 2008 04:54AM

Morning:- Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tvayprasad Sveyey (Sraavag Sudh), Bentee Chaupai, Anand Sahib,Shabad Hazaarey Paatshahi 5, Shabad Hazarey Paatshaahi 10,Tvayprasaad Chaupai (pranvo aad ekankaara), other Svevyey, Asa Ki Vaar, Sukhmani Sahib, Barh Maha.

After or before Rehraas Sahib:- Aarti, Raamkali Ki Vaar, Funhey mahala 5, Chauboley mahala 5,Basant Kee Vaar, then one can recite small shabads like Gauree Guaareyree Mahllaa 5 Jaa Kai vas Khaan Sultaan, and Baavan Akharee Mahala 5. Then Rehras Sahib.

All this Paath before Rehras Sahib probably takes around half an hour to complete, maximum.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 04, 2008 07:03AM

Veer 'Singh.' above has already written a list of baanis that Gursikh is advised to do paath of. Here are some more points with respect to this:

1) It is a must that every Gursikh does Sadharan paath of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee every day. It is desirable to do on an average, at least 5 Patre i.e. 10 angs each day. This way, one can do two sadharan paaths a year.

2) Siri Asa kee Vaar and Siri Sukhmani Sahib must be added to nitnem.

3) Next, one should add Siri Bawan Akhri, Siri Oankaar and Siri Sidh Gosht.

4) Baramaha Tukhaari and Baramaha Maajh along with Ramkali kee Vaar (Rai Balwand waali) too are important additions.

5) If person still has some time, then it is desirable to add Siri Jaitsree kee Vaar and Bhattan de Savaiye.

During intervals one should constantly engage in Naam Abhyaas.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Date: September 04, 2008 09:10AM

We all know that asa ki vaar and sukhmani sahib are famous baania, i know this sounds like a stupid question but why is sidh gosht, sri oankaaar and bavan akhri added to the the list ofpunj granthi. Also why did puratan singhs choose to recite these baania, rather reciting others. Is their anything more important is these baania, as they should be recited everyday??3

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 04, 2008 09:39AM

Ekta Singh jeeo,

Regarding Bawan Akhree, please read below a saakhi that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee wrote, and this daas translated a few years ago. Bawan Akhree is the baani that bring bairaag inside us. It takes us away from material world just as it helped Mata Ganga jee in the saakhi written below. Will post about Oankaar and Sidh Gosht later:

Story Behind Baavan Akhree
Translated from Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee’s book – Gurmat Gauravta

Please note that this is a loose translation of Bhai Sahib jee’s original work. This humble daas does not have power or capability to translate Bhai Sahib’s work.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

**********TRANSLATION BEGINS*************

Regarding wearing ornaments, there is an extremely beautiful saakhi (story) in our history. The mention of this story in this context (context of wearing ornaments) is extremely important here. Once Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee, who was all-knowing, naturally inspired and advised his wife – Mata Ganga – jee as follows, “Women of rich Mahajans and Khatrees come to see you everyday but you should be aware that no matter how rich or nice these women are but they are still far from Gurmat. Never adopt their non-Gurmat, Manmatt advice”.

This way after naturally advising his wife to not adopt the manmatt actions of the visiting rich women of Mahajans and Khatrees, Siri Guru jee went to Gur-darbaar (where sangat was). That day when Siri Guru jee was preaching Gurmat to sangat, a very rich Seth made an offering of “Naulakha Haar” (Naulakha Haar literally means a necklace worth 900,000 rupees). The whole city of Amritsar Sahib was talking about this very expensive necklace. Many rich women of the city came to see the necklace and loved the sight of this necklace.

Many of these women got together and went to Mata Ganga jee and starting requesting and cajoling her to wear that expensive necklace as follows, “You are the mother of this whole world yet you are not wearing any ornament. You are the queen of this world but are without any necklace. Being wife of Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee, it does not suit you to be without ornaments. Today, someone has offered the Naulakha Haar (necklace) to Siri Guru jee and being our Guru Mata and being the wife of Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee it would be highly befitting to have you wear that necklace around your neck. We implore to you that you beg before your husband Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee to let you wear this necklace.”

What to say more, this way the group of rich but manmukh women who came to see Mata Ganga jee, convinced her to wear the Naulakha Haar. Before Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee arrived back at his residence from the Darbar, Mata jee lay herself on her bed, pretending to be sullen (gussay). Jaani-jaan (all knowing) Satguru jee knew about the real cause of Mata jee’s sullenness and said, “Today you seem to have been affected and influenced by the Aanmat (non-Gurmat) lessons of the rich women who visited you today and I had warned you about this earlier.”

Siri Mata jee got conscious of arrival of Siri Guru jee and with folded hands and with palla (hazooriya) in her hands, pleaded before Siri Guru jee, “O True King (Sachay Paatshah), this servant of yours has never ever asked you for anything. This is the first time, I am asking for anything. I am hoping you will show your mercifulness by granting me my wish.”

Siri Guru jee knew everything but still asked her, with a sweet smile on his face, as to what her wish was. Siri Mata jee immediately said, “Today a naulakha haar was offered in your darbar. Please grant me your approval in form of letting me wear that naulakha haar (the necklace).”

Siri Guru jee hearing this plea from Mata Ganga jee laughed a lot and said, “You have confirmed that you have been influenced by your meeting with the non-Sikh rich women who met you today. O innocent one (bholeeyay) and O naïve one, you are talking about necklace worth nine hundred thousand, but even if you wear necklaces worth millions and billions of ruppees, it would still be false or waste thing to do. Today, we are going to make such necklace for you that will not only help you in this world but also in the next world.”

After these bachans (words) to Mata jee, Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee started uttering Siri Baavan Akhree and such was the positive and heavenly influence of this baani on Siri Mata jee that as she listened to this baani, this baani got carved on her inside (her heart). Such a miracle occurred at that time that as Siri Guru jee uttered this baani, this baani got carved on the beautiful heart of Mata Ganga jee and she got this baani memorized in this short time (listening to it only once). With the affect of listening to this beautiful baani, Mata Ganga jee’s heart and her inside got illuminated with this baani. This way, Mata Ganga jee wore the true Naulakha Haar of Baavan Akhree. (All her wish of wearing the worldly Naulakha Haar vanished).

*************TRANSLATION OVER****************

Date: September 04, 2008 11:08AM

Vaah, what ana amazing article!!

Could you please write a aticle on why sidh gosht and sri oankaar should be read every day as well!!

Dhanvaad!!

Gurfaateh jee

Posted by: ns (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2008 05:16PM

- one can also do shabad day paaths like aukhee gharee naa daykhn dayee, thir ghar baiso, taatee vao na lagayee, basant kee vaar, too mayraa pitaa, or other shabads you like.

- if one doesn't have time to do full sukhmani saheb one can do 4 ashtpadis daily which will allow one to complete sukhmani saheb in 6 days. The same formula can apply to asa di vaar.

- Some gurmukhs do daily 2.5 to 3 hours of simran at amrit vela. If one is seeking a gursikh jeevan one should have a daily routine of doing simran in the morning and then also doing simran during the day. The major hukam in bani is Naam simran. Bhai Saheb Bhai Randhir Singh Jee writes that the "hukaman sir hukam" is Naam simran. Bani is to aid in naam simran. In my understanding, the main thing is naam simran. I have been told that it would be wrong to do lots of paath and not do any naam simran.

Posted by: Devil (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2008 04:40AM

The Devil is Back! Anyway, Kulbir Singh please can you put up the sakhis behind the two banis Oankaar and Sidh Gosht, as you said you were going to.

Posted by: M Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2008 12:25PM

And some of them have "Sukhmana Sahib" too in their Nitnem. ------
The great ones.

Posted by: Devil (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2008 05:14AM

navjot ji, bhai sahib, you're right when you say this as some stories could be made up. But stories written by bhagats like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji, baba harnaam singh ji, sant narajin singh ji or others would definitely be true. Similarly Bhagat Naam dev Ji's bani includes a story about Bhagat Prahlaad and narsingh, which makes the story true. Why? because they see these things themselves, with their own eyes - their spiritual eyes.

If you want proof about what I said do ardaas to Guru Ji and ask him. its better to know yourself.

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2008 02:28PM

"expecially made me want to vomit"

even a muslim is not that low......i got it wrong again....you must be a demonic entity that has got control of someones computer.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib