ਦਸਨਾਰੀਅਉਧੂਤਦੇਨਿਚਮੋੜੀਐ॥
ਜਿਣਿਜਿਣਿਲੈਨ੍‍ਰਿਲਾਇਏਹੋਏਨਾਲੋੜੀਐ॥
ਤ੍ਰੈਗੁਣਇਨਕੈਵਸਿਕਿਨੈਨਮੋੜੀਐ॥
ਭਰਮੁਕੋਟੁਮਾਇਆਖਾਈਕਹੁਕਿਤੁਬਿਧਿਤੋੜੀਐ॥
ਗੁਰੁਪੂਰਾਆਰਾਧਿਬਿਖਮਦਲੁਫੋੜੀਐ॥
ਹਉਤਿਸੁਅਗੈਦਿਨੁਰਾਤਿਰਹਾਕਰਜੋੜੀਐ॥੧੫॥

--------------------------------

q's / comments:

- ਬਿਲਪਤੇ - should this word be pronounced, in terms of seperating syllables, as: ਬਿਲਪ ਤੇ or ਬਿ ਲਪਤੇ or ਬਿਲ ਪਤੇ ?

- ਸਾਈ - this is pronounced without nasalisation on the kanna or biharee right, because it means 'that [season]' and doesn't refer to vaheguroo directly as 'master'. veer 'g singh' said this in response to an earlier hukamnama post but i just wanted to double check this and get another response.

- ਨਹ - should there ever be nasalisation on ਹ? if so, when and when not? i currently pretty much nasalise it all the time re: this word for some reason!

- ਹਉ - currently, i think i nasalise the oora every time i read ths word. is this correct/incorrect? when should or shouldn't we?

- ਰਹਾ - i nasalise the kanna; i do this because maharaaj jee is referring to themselves here i.e. 'i remain' - is this the correct thing to do? i also developed this habit after listening to bhai jeevan singh jee's recitation of shabad hazarae (mehla 5) - he nasalises a lot of kannae whilst doing paath re: words such as ਰਹਾ and ਕਹਾ.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ - hukamnama sahib : 18/7/08
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2008 12:51PM

-----
- ਬਿਲਪਤੇ - should this word be pronounced, in terms of seperating syllables, as: ਬਿਲਪ ਤੇ or ਬਿ ਲਪਤੇ or ਬਿਲ ਪਤੇ ?
-------

It is more like ਬਿਲਪ ਤੇ, in my opinion. It is a noun made from root ਬਿਲਪ which means to cry in pain.

-----------
- ਸਾਈ - this is pronounced without nasalisation on the kanna or biharee right, because it means 'that [season]' and doesn't refer to vaheguroo directly as 'master'. veer 'g singh' said this in response to an earlier hukamnama post but i just wanted to double check this and get another response.
---------

In this particular pankiti this word is not with a nasal sound in the end. Here it means 'that' but if this word means maalik or master, then it is pronounced with nasal sound on bihaari.

-----
- ਨਹ - should there ever be nasalisation on ਹ? if so, when and when not? i currently pretty much nasalise it all the time re: this word for some reason!
-------

This word is pronounced like ਨੈਂਹ. Some Gursikhs prefer to pronounce it like na with slight haha and bindi sound.

-------
- ਹਉ - currently, i think i nasalise the oora every time i read ths word. is this correct/incorrect? when should or shouldn't we?

---------

It is correct to nasalize the oora, everytime. In Baani the haaha too appears with tippee on it.

--------
- ਰਹਾ - i nasalise the kanna; i do this because maharaaj jee is referring to themselves here i.e. 'i remain' - is this the correct thing to do? i also developed this habit after listening to bhai jeevan singh jee's recitation of shabad hazarae (mehla 5) - he nasalises a lot of kannae whilst doing paath re: words such as ਰਹਾ and ਕਹਾ.
--------

The above is correct.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib