ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਗੁਨਗਾਵਤਅਚੁਤਅਬਿਨਾਸੀਕਾਮਕ੍ਰੋਧਬਿਨਸੇਮਦਢੀਠੇ॥
ਅਸਥਿਰਭਏਸਾਚਰੰਗਿਰਾਤੇਜਨਮਮਰਨਬਾਹੁਰਿਨਹੀਪੀਠੇ॥੧॥
ਬਿਨੁਹਰਿਭਜਨਰੰਗਰਸਜੇਤੇਸੰਤਦਇਆਲਜਾਨੇਸਭਿਝੂਠੇ॥
ਨਾਮਰਤਨੁਪਾਇਓਜਨਨਾਨਕਨਾਮਬਿਹੂਨਚਲੇਸਭਿਮੂਠੇ॥੨॥੮॥੨੭॥
(ਅੰਗ ੭੧੭)

vaheguroo,

Q's:

- ਫਲਾ - should their be a nasal sound on kanna given this is plural or is it one of those plurals which doesn't have nasal sound on the kanna i.e. like 'janna - sant janna'?

- ਬਿਨਸੇ - i think there should be bindee on sassa (vishesh dhunee)...is this right/wrong?

- ਢੀਠੇ - when a word begins with the letter ਢ, should it always be pronounced as strong T sound with tongue starting from the back of the roof of the mouth and being pushed forcefully forward...or can it, even when at the beginning of a word, take on a D sound as it does when it appears for the second time in the word 'dhadee'? this word depicts the two ways it is pronounced.

pls describe any rules that can help re: consistency of ucharan when faced with this letter at beginning of words and when it appears within words. currently, i pronounce ਢੀਠੇ with the strong T sound.

dhanvaad.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ - hukamnama sahib : 8/7/08
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2008 07:15AM

Quote:
- ਫਲਾ - should their be a nasal sound on kanna given this is plural or is it one of those plurals which doesn't have nasal sound on the kanna i.e. like 'janna - sant janna'?

This should not be a nasal sound because there is no sambandhaki padd (preposition) after ਫਲਾ . The meaning is that one gets Crore Fala i.e. Crores of rewards by having darshan of Guru. By doing this meaning there is no sambandhaki padd after Fala but if we had done the meaning that due to Kot Fala, one gets darshan of Guru, then there would have been a nasal sound end of Fala. I had written a post earlier detailing this rule of pronunciation.

Quote:
-- ਬਿਨਸੇ - i think there should be bindee on sassa (vishesh dhunee)...is this right/wrong?

You are correct Singh jeeo. The origin of this word is Vinaash. So we at Tapoban recommed vishesh dhuni on this word. On the other hand many Gursikhs don't place vishesh dhuni on sassa because they believe that this word has Punjabized enough the ignore the vishes dhuni. It is up to you to make the decision.

Quote:
- ਢੀਠੇ - when a word begins with the letter ਢ, should it always be pronounced as strong T sound with tongue starting from the back of the roof of the mouth and being pushed forcefully forward...or can it, even when at the beginning of a word, take on a D sound as it does when it appears for the second time in the word 'dhadee'? this word depicts the two ways it is pronounced.

It should be pronounced strong T sound and not as D sound you refer to above.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2008 08:54AM by admin.

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2008 07:52AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Atma Singh jio,

Do not know much about Gurbani viyakaran, however, due to Panjabi as mother tongue this is what we can think of:

1) - ਫਲਾ - Should be w/o nasal beacuse of ਕੋਟਿ in front and this pankati is not talking about the physical fruits.

2) - ਬਿਨਸੇ - There should be no vishehe dhunni.

3) - ਢੀਠੇ - Should be pronounce as same as ਢ of ਢੋਲ.

Bhul chuk di khima.

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2008 10:54AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Kulbir Singh jio,

What a coincident! TB worked almost same as GV this time.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2008 12:02PM

Veer Khalsaspirit jeeo,

I did not understand your reference to TB and GV. Kirpa karke samjha devo.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib