ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

bhagat's bani and das guru's baani- difference??
Posted by: javab_deyo (IP Logged)
Date: July 01, 2008 04:46PM

Gurfateh sangat ji

this question arises from the dumbness of my mind but has been plaguing me..please help me about the doubts

we say that dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib jee is atmak jyot of the das guroos but it also has baanis from the bhagats and bhatts...

we treat their baani as gurbaani but (excuse me for my narrow mindedness) they were not the guroos......i read an earlier post but couldnt find the link anymore....

but please help me out it does create some weird doubts

thanks

Re: bhagat's bani and das guru's baani- difference??
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: July 02, 2008 08:23AM

the bhagat bani that is there is 'parvaan'- approved by Guru Himself. Guru uttered it in order for it to be written down. So they are Gurbani in that the Guru spoke them to the scribe (they were uttered by the Guru also).

The bhatts give explanations that help us understand about the nature of our Gurus. This is also there because it is parvaan.

Further it is not bad to bow to bhagats. Guru Granth tells us to bow before the sant or great sadhu is a good act. Nanak calls himself the dust of the feet of the saints.

Also you could think about the collection of bhagat bani as constitutiong a satsangat in sabad form- can you imagine sitting amongst people like Raamdev, Naamdev, Ravidas, Kabir, Farid etc... wouldnt that be a blessing in itself?

So in Guru Granth we have Sabada-Bramha- Naam (God Itself), Gurubani, Bhagat sang, and Bhatts statments (they were witnesses to the Human Presence of Guru Jyot).

Posted by: javab_deyo (IP Logged)
Date: July 02, 2008 12:46PM

also can sangat please elaborate on "dhur ki baani aayi"......

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: July 02, 2008 12:51PM

I guess 'dhur ki baani' means that this baani is from Sachkhand and only such person who has reached Sachkhand can bring or translate the Sifat-salaah being done in Sachkhand to Earthly, comprehensive language. On who ever's forehead our Guru Sahibaan placed their lotus hands, they were able to bring this Dhur kee Baani on Earth. Whether it were the Bhagats, or the Bhatts, or Rababis - Satta and Balwand - it was Guru Sahibaan who enabled them to utter Dhur ki baani.

Since Siri Guru Sahibaan accepted this baani as dhur kee baani, and included it in Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, we should not have any doubts about this baani being Amrit Baani and Dhur kee Baani.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Manvir Singh Khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: July 03, 2008 05:37AM

It is often said that Guru Arjan Dev Sahib jee included the Baanis of Hindu and Muslim mystics. This is false. ALL the Bhagats, Bhatts and Sikhs whose revealed Baani was accepted and included in the Aaad Granth Sahib jee shared the COMMON RELIGION of GURMAT and NAAM and had experienced SAT (the Truth). Truth is the Truth. There is no different angle to the Truth. The Truth is ETERNAL, UNCHANGING and the SAME irrespective of which light someone sees it. Therefore, the Sikh Guru Sahibaans, the Bhagats, Bhatts and Sikhs all experienced and talked about this ONE UNIVERSAL TRUTH, which was EK OANKAAR, as explained in the FIRST VERSE of AAD GRANTH SAHIB JEE:

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ik-oankaar sat naam kartaa purakh nirbhau nirvair akaal moorat ajoonee saibhun(g) gur prasaad.
"One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~"
(Ang 1)

So what is the difference between GURU and BHAGAT (Devotee of God). Giani Sant Singh jee Maskeen explained in Katha (Gurbaani discourse) gave the following analogy to explain this difference. There is one child who OPENS HIS EYES and realizes he is sitting in his MOTHER'S LAP. There is another child who CRAWLS to his mother and then SITS in her LAP. Guru Nanak Sahib jee and the Sikh Guru Sahibaans had BRAHM-GYAAN from the BEGINNING. They opened their eyes and they were ALREADY SITTING in the LAP OF VAHEGURU. The Bhagats were those who through LIFE and EXPERIENCE attained UNION with the Divine and sat in the LAP OF VAHEGURU. Once they reached this level, through the chosen Bhagats of Vaheguru the SHABAD was revealed to the world. As a consequence there is NO DIFFERENCE between the SHABAD (Gurbaani) revealed through the Sikh Gurus and the Bhagats etc. Both are 'GURBAANI'.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas,
Manvir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib