ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Anand Sahib
Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: June 22, 2008 01:27PM

vjkkvjkf

Can someone please give me an overview of what anand sahib is telling us?

And can people share stories about this lovely banee

bhul chuk dee kima

vjkkvjkf

Re: Anand Sahib
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: June 23, 2008 05:29AM

hi

no expert but i adore Anandu. to me it gets one engrossed in worship/meditation. its so simple and sweet i think most people over look it. in each pauri Guruji gives one direction- first for the mind, then the way to submit senses to Prabhu.

does anyone know where i can MP3 of Anandu sung in correct raag, with prnounciation of siharee and aunkars?

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: June 23, 2008 07:36AM

[singhangad.wordpress.com]

Bhai Gurmeet Singh Ji Shaant

Bhai Balbir Singh Ji

Both sung as per Sat-Guru's kirtan hukum in Raamkali, but on ly 6 paurian.

Here is the only known recording of Anand Sahib sung in full (I have come across), in the nirdaareth raag (with all sangat singing as well):

[singhangad.wordpress.com]

Date: June 24, 2008 04:53PM

thanks Harcharan thats just awesome i really appreciate it

Date: June 25, 2008 04:35AM

uh Hracharan one thing the downloads arent working anymore could you perheps let me know where i can buy the DVD they are from?

Date: June 25, 2008 04:42AM

also i read your comment that the reason its performance was shortened to six pauris was because of british raj's insistence. pretty sad thought. im still shocked.

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2008 05:18AM

The 6 pauri comment is just a theory based on British influence on Sikh ritual within the Sikh regiments i.e. shortened Anand to save time.

But this needs more research. Historically 'Anand', '5 Paurian of Anand' have been mentioned in historical Sikh literature.

I have been told that puratan gutke of Baba Deep Singh Ji etc may hold the answer, but I have not viewed these, and in any case that would relate to Rehraas Sahib which is a seperate issue.

Contact Angad Singh (the blogger) and ask him to re-upload the recordings, I am sure he will oblige.

Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2008 05:35AM

so we only do 6 pauris because of British, first I've heard of it, please can someone provide more info

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib