ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

What is saadhsangat?
Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 04:31AM

What is saadhsangat?

Guru Jee says asssociating with the saadhsangat, one is saved??

In what context?

Re: What is saadhsangat?
Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 04:55AM

I will add another question.

Sahib Sri Guru Nanak ji maharaj Ji writes..SAADHU-SATGUR JE MILLEHY ( Sri Raag mah 1)
and then gain..and Har Sajjan GUR Sevdaha.

I note that most teekakars separate the SAADHU from "SATGUR" is it one word ?? just like Har sajjan GUR. Is the word "sadhu" part of satgur ?? Sadhu is NOT a human entity ??
Is the SAADH-SANGGAT then one word and it means sanggat of the Sadh-Satgur ??

Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji....kirpa karo ji...

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 07:38AM

---------
Sahib Sri Guru Nanak ji maharaj Ji writes..SAADHU-SATGUR JE MILLEHY ( Sri Raag mah 1)
-----------

The meanings are very clear. I don't know why teekakaars have separated Sadhu and Satgur. The meanings are clearly - If one is met by Sadhu roop Satguru, then one attains treasure of good qualities i.e. Vaheguru.

ਮਾਅਨੇ ਸਾਫ ਹਨ। ਜੇ ਸਾਧੂ ਰੂਪ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਿਲੇ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਣੀ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਭਾਵ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਦੇ ਖਜ਼ਾਨੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਪਾ ਸਕੀਦਾ ਹੈ। ਅਸਲੀ ਸਾਧ ਹੈ ਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ।

ਜਿਥੋਂ ਤੱਕ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤ ਦੀ ਗਲ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਜੁੜਤ ਅਖਰ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਮਾਅਨਾ ਹੈ ਸਾਧੂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਭਾਵ ਸਾਧ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦਾ ਸੰਗ। ਫੀ ਜ਼ਮਾਨਾ, ਜਦਕਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਗੁਰ-ਗੱਦੀ ਤੇ ਬਿਰਾਜਮਾਨ ਹਨ ਤਾਂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਪਾਠ ਕਰਨਾ, ਸਾਹਿਬਾਂ ਦੀ ਹਜ਼ੂਰੀ ਵਿਚ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਕਰਨਾ, ਨਾਮ ਜਪਨਾ ਆਦਿ ਤ੍ਰੈ-ਗੁਣਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਅਪਰੰਪਰ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਨੇ ਸਾਧੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਕਰਨਾ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਇਲਾਵਾ ਸਚੇ ਸਾਧੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਕਰਨੀ ਵੀ ਨਿਹਾਇਤ ਹੀ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲ, ਨਾਮ ਨਾਲ, ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਲ ਪਿਆਰ ਵਧਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਪਰਮਾਰਥ ਦੇ ਰਸਤੇ ਤੇ ਚਲਣ ਦਾ ਚਾਓ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਦਾਸ,
ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2008 07:40AM by admin.

Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 08:35AM

Guru Nanak Dev Jee also says:

sqsMgiq kYsI jwxIAY ]
sathasangath kaisee jaaneeai ||
How is the Society of the Saints to be known?

ijQY eyko nwmu vKwxIAY ]
jithhai eaeko naam vakhaaneeai ||
where, the Name of the One Lord is chanted.

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 10:46AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਨਾਮੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਾਧੂ ਰਹਿਓ ਰਹਿਓ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ॥
नामु रहिओ साधू रहिओ रहिओ गुरु गोबिंदु ॥
Nām rahi­o sāḏẖū rahi­o rahi­o gur gobinḏ.
The Naam remains;
The Holy Saints remain;
The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, remains

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

ਸਾਧ ਕੀ ਸੋਭਾ ਸਾਧ ਬਨਿ ਆਈ ॥
साध की सोभा साध बनि आई ॥
Sāḏẖ kī sobẖā sāḏẖ ban ā­ī.
The glory of the Holy people is theirs alone;

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਧ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭੇਦੁ ਨ ਭਾਈ ॥੮॥੭॥
नानक साध प्रभ भेदु न भाई ॥८॥७॥
Nānak sāḏẖ parabẖ bẖėḏ na bẖā­ī. ||8||7||
O Nanak, there is no difference between the Holy people and God. ||8||7||

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

If one has Saadhsangat then

ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ॥
असटपदी ॥
Asatpaḏī.
Ashtapadee:

ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਹੋਤ ॥
साध कै संगि मुख ऊजल होत ॥
Sāḏẖ kai sang mukẖ ūjal hoṯ.
In the Company of the Holy, one's face becomes radiant.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਮਲੁ ਸਗਲੀ ਖੋਤ ॥
साधसंगि मलु सगली खोत ॥
Sāḏẖsang mal saglī kẖoṯ.
In the Company of the Holy, all filth is removed.

ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਟੈ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥
साध कै संगि मिटै अभिमानु ॥
Sāḏẖ kai sang mitai abẖimān.
In the Company of the Holy, egotism is eliminated.

ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੈ ਸੁਗਿਆਨੁ ॥
साध कै संगि प्रगटै सुगिआनु ॥
Sāḏẖ kai sang pargatai sugi­ān.
In the Company of the Holy, spiritual wisdom is revealed.

ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਬੁਝੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਨੇਰਾ ॥
साध कै संगि बुझै प्रभु नेरा ॥
Sāḏẖ kai sang bujẖai parabẖ nėrā.
In the Company of the Holy, God is understood to be near at hand.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਸਭੁ ਹੋਤ ਨਿਬੇਰਾ ॥
साधसंगि सभु होत निबेरा ॥
Sāḏẖsang sabẖ hoṯ nibėrā.
In the Company of the Holy, all conflicts are settled.

ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਪਾਏ ਨਾਮ ਰਤਨੁ ॥
साध कै संगि पाए नाम रतनु ॥
Sāḏẖ kai sang pā­ė nām raṯan.
In the Company of the Holy, one obtains the jewel of the Naam.

ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਏਕ ਊਪਰਿ ਜਤਨੁ ॥
साध कै संगि एक ऊपरि जतनु ॥
Sāḏẖ kai sang ėk ūpar jaṯan.
In the Company of the Holy, one's efforts are directed toward the One Lord.

ਸਾਧ ਕੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਬਰਨੈ ਕਉਨੁ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ॥
साध की महिमा बरनै कउनु प्रानी ॥
Sāḏẖ kī mahimā barnai ka­un parānī.
What mortal can speak of the Glorious Praises of the Holy?

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਧ ਕੀ ਸੋਭਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਨੀ ॥੧॥
नानक साध की सोभा प्रभ माहि समानी ॥१॥
Nānak sāḏẖ kī sobẖā parabẖ māhi samānī. ||1||
O Nanak, the glory of the Holy people merges into God. ||1||

Please read the full Ashtpadi from Sukhmani Sahib ji at

[www.srigranth.org]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 12:30PM

So is saadhsangat guru jee himself, or is it sitting in sangat singing guru jee's praises.

I dont think my question has been answered fully!!

Thank you!!

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2008 06:22AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Meaning of Truth, God, Waheguru, Shabad, Gurbani, Guru, Gurus, True Teacher, Saint, Saadh, Khalsa, Gursikh, True Sikh etc. in the present and past tense, and interchangeably, as if they are synonyms.

Gurbani teaches unity in diversity. In reality, and under ideal conditions, what is the difference between a True Sikh and the Guru, and what is the difference between the Guru and God? The one cannot help it but quietly disappear into the other.

The goal of a Sikh and its relevance, today as well as in the past, and that we cannot tell where one merged into the other. The differences are only semantic.

However, to avoid another delusion, a delusion of self-glorification, we should see all of these as above ourselves. A True Sikh, in his own mind, is always less than what is required. No sooner a seeker believes that he has reached an attainment or understood a principle, he is shown that he was wrong. Because, as God has no limits, so do His principles. Besides, the ego itself is an interruption, and God does not want us to stagnate at any level, no matter how glorious it may seem to us, or to others. A Gursikh regards himself as the lowest of all.

As this word indicates, when the Guru (Teacher) and the Sikh (Disciple) have established a permanent relationship, the Sikh can be called a Gursikh. Before any real progress on the inner journey, a Sikh has to become Gursikh. Why?

The aim of a Gursikh is to reject all the falsehoods and manifest the ultimate Truth, during his lifetime, and at all costs. In other words, it is, to become a perfect Sikh, like the Guru. This can be called a spiritual cloning. All other rules on this Path are only the means toward this goal. It is possible only through a complete submission to the True Spiritual Teacher. Without it, the walls of ego severely limit all personal efforts to rise above the human nature. Because, all work keeps feeding the ego, which simply mutates into a glorified and a more intangible character.

Source: Edited abstract from an insightful article "Guru and Sikh - The Gursikh" available at

[www.sikhs.org]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Singhni MiriPiri (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2008 08:19AM

Saadh sangat is the company of holy ones.

Sat Sangat is the congregation of people singing praises of God.

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2008 09:07AM

Thank you Veer Kulbir Singh Ji. imho teekakars "separate" the words due to their own manmatt....this is one reason why Lariivaar Saroop is the one and only acceptable Guru Sroop.

SaadhSangat - the Sanggat of THE SAADH.

When sanggat in the Hazooree of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj are singing His praises..doing/participating in the "sangg" of THE Saadh that would qualify as "saddhsangatt". ( a group of people sitting in the Hazooree of Sri Guru Granth sahib Jee Maharaj but carrying on something like "fighting an election", giving speeches, taking off or knocking off each other s dastaars is not SaadhSangatt !!)

I take This meaning of SAADH KEY SANG of the Sukhmani Sahib Ashtpadis. Guru Ji is talking about THE SAADH..and not human beings.

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2008 12:50PM

Miripiri Ji,

I agree.

Our Guru Sahiban advocated the company of the devoted - be it learning Gursikh, Sants/Gyanis and in my opinion, even true devotees of other schools i.e. Sain Mian Mir Sahib. This was the universal and open minded society of our Guru's where distinctions of race or faith were not made, simply respect and service of those hwo were devoted to God - we see this from Guru Nanaks sakhis where he he used his fathers business money to feed/do seva of 'saadhs'.

There were so many Sant/bhagats in the medieval period, all sought each others company, to learn from each other, teach each other, recieve blessings from each other. We only have to look at the fact that Bhagat Kabir Ji sought out Swami Ramanand Ji to be his Guru.

The 17th c Miripiri Ji,

I agree.

Our Guru Sahiban advocated the company of the devoted - be it learning Gursikh, Sants/Gyanis and in my opinion, even true devotees of other schools i.e. Sain Mian Mir Sahib. This was the universal and open minded society of our Guru's where distinctions of race or faith were not made, simply respect and service of those hwo were devoted to God - we see this from Guru Nanaks sakhis where he he used his fathers business money to feed/do seva of 'saadhs'.

There were so many Sant/bhagats in the medieval period, all sought each others company, to learn from each other, teach each other, recieve blessings from each other. We only have to look at the fact that Bhagat Kabir Ji sought out Swami Ramanand Ji to be his Guru.

The 17th c Miripiri Ji,

I agree.

The 17thc Vaishnaav text Sri Chaiyanya Bhagavat, records Guru Nanak Dev Jis visit to Puri - where he is said to have participated in kirtan (which Sri Chaiyanya spearheaded in replacement of set drone mantras) with Vaishnav bhagats/devotees.

Even though our Guru Sahiban gave us a unique and divinely revealed marg, doesn't mean that they rejected the existence of bhagats in other traditions.

Bhagat simply means devotee of God.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib