ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

101 Jap Jee Sahibs
Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2008 10:10AM

the average time it takes to read sri jap jee sahib is roughly 15min.

so then how come all brahm gianees managed to do over 100 jap jee sahibs DAILY?

i don't doubt it. i believe in this truly but how did they do that? how long

they take for it?

Re: 101 Jap Jee Sahibs
Posted by: Sardar Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2008 11:27AM

The average time to do Japji Sahib easily can go down to 4-5 min and some Gursikhs can go even faster with their surti. I'd say the average speed to do Japji Sahib is around 7-8 min, not 15.

Posted by: Harmeet Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2008 04:24PM

Vahiguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vahiguru Jee Kee Fateh.

Just a side note. Remember, it's about quality first, then quantity. Look at the quality of paath they did, how their mind was 100% connected without distraction, without their mind straying away from Gurbani and from what they were doing. Look at the quality, and then look at the numbers. Find quality, then increase the numbers. What's the point of increasing the production of the Gulabjamans you sell at your sweet shop if they're missing the ras. Wouldn't you go back to the original recipe and find the missing ingredient before starting production again, as clearly, no customer will be pleased with bland gulabjamans.

Just my 2 cents.

Bhul Chuk Maph Karnee.

Vahiguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vahiguru Jee Kee Fateh.

Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2008 09:47PM

time is just a dimension like space and such souls exist much above the restrictions of any dimension like space and distance....they can even make time still............who knows..........waheguru

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2008 07:21AM

what is time ???
If the Ajabb tamaasshaa is say a 5 metre cloth, then a time unit is the lenght of an EVENT in this tamasha(say 1 metre).
Time is an illusion, the biggest illusion the mortals have ever encountered.
brahamgyani SAD JEVAI, nahin martaaa.

Posted by: khalistan_zindabaad (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2008 12:41PM

i have known singhs to be able to read japji sahib in about 3 mins, its when ur abhiyaas increases, mahraj does bakshish. and you may have other gupt spirits helping you do the paat etc.

Date: April 28, 2008 05:55AM

could u tell me something more about this?

i

Posted by: toronto_86 (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2008 11:18AM

I have only heard from Kathas of Mahapurash that with their surti , they can do abhyaas very fast. This is just an avastha or a spiritual state in one's journey.

It is said that jap first happens in the tongue , then in the throat where its speed increases 100X and then in the heart where its speed is 1000X and then in the navel where it is even more faster.

Date: April 28, 2008 12:00PM

which kathaa is this this, please send it please or if u can get more information please.

daas is very cean to know more.

any reesources.

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2008 12:57PM

veer abhiyaasi ji

whn I was in class 4 my "mom" use to say that unless u dont do ur "dialy path"( jupji sahib and rairas sahib ji) U will not get Food.(B fast and dINER)

doing daily path wre the one biggest (disliked) JOB for me (at tht time). And at that time i developed such a speed tht i can recite Jupji Sahib in just 3 minutes. and tht too verbally correct.

I did 84 pauri SNAN at Sri Govindwal sahib (bauli sahib) and recited 84 paths in just 9 hrs.

But later on as i grow mentally my speed detoriated. Now i use to do Sri Jupji sahib in 15-20 minutes and same for Rairaas sahib ji and other vanis tht i read dialy.

Veerji in my view "ras" develops only whn u understd wht our Guruji is asking. once u will get to know everything. Ur desire to do it fast will also loose.

Veerji I Believe in my LOLIPOP style . May be some others have different view. lets see...

Date: April 29, 2008 05:55AM

daas wasn't speaking about thatdaas wants to gain my speed. it was inspiring for me to know that singhs do 151 / 110 japjee sahib in a short time.

daas has the purpose of doi ng this for more and more naam kamaayee and for abhinaasee darshan.

that was my purpose. not to gain speed but to gain the kamaayee.

Date: April 29, 2008 12:17PM

yeh i know a singh who used to do sukhmani sahib in 20 mins, some ppl may generally have chalant paat i.e. a high speed, however when mahapurkhs read it its to do with kamai and avastha and not just being able to read fast. hence doing 125 japji sahibs, 33 mool mantr malas in the same time it would take us to do i dno about 10 or summit.

Date: April 30, 2008 06:38AM

ok, that's what daas asked for.

thx alot jeeo

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2008 08:28AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

If we are not wrong we think topic is quality vs. quantity. Now to decipher we think it is always good to start with what Guru Sahib say. Guru Sahib clearly instructs that:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਸੰਤ ਮੀਤ ॥
ਸਾਵਧਾਨ ਏਕਾਗਰ ਚੀਤ ॥ panna 295
O piyare Saint recite the Praises of Waheguru, Carefully with concentrated mind.

One time Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee was asked this question that which Bani and how much bani should be recited? We think this was asked by Bhai Kartar Singh Canadian then Bhai Sahib's answer was Any bani as much as possible with your surat (mind) one can recite should recite, If can not read Bani any more start doing Gurmantar jaap.

So under the light of above Gurbani and also vichaar of Bhai Sahib it is clear that true time is that in which Naam or Gurbani is recited with IK MAN IK chit ਇਕ ਮਨ ਇਕ ਚਿਤ.

Having said that we think this has no meaning when some Deras or even in some Gurudwaras people try to do loads of reading by doing two or more Akhand paths in parallel then what pathi singhs does is just scan the Gurbani (a muted Akhand Path, Khima for this wording), no recitation at all because if one pathi do speak then next Pathi Singh considered to be get disturbed. We have no idea what they achieve? JUST QUANTITY?????

Another example of this kind is: While Akhand path is being scanned (because Guru Sahib are forcefully muted which is a Ghor manmat) a ਕਥੋਗੜ Gianni who think he is much Gianvaan than Guru Sahib do so called Katha ਕੱਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ in parallel to the Guru Sahib in same hall. So what one can achieve by this????? Guru Sahib Say ਸਾਵਧਾਨ ਏਕਾਗਰ ਚੀਤ but this guy is making noise while Akhand path is being going on. They achieve nothing but JUST QUANTITY????? plus the Paap to mute Guru Sahib with one's manmat.

So, better to focus as much as possible on Gur Shabad than loads of recitation without concentration. Read Sri Japji Sahib or Sri Sukhmani Sahib or any other bani try concentrating not counting. Otherwise:

ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਗਡੀ ਲਦੀਅਹਿ ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਭਰੀਅਹਿ ਸਾਥ ॥
ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਬੇੜੀ ਪਾਈਐ ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਗਡੀਅਹਿ ਖਾਤ ॥
ਪੜੀਅਹਿ ਜੇਤੇ ਬਰਸ ਬਰਸ ਪੜੀਅਹਿ ਜੇਤੇ ਮਾਸ ॥
ਪੜੀਐ ਜੇਤੀ ਆਰਜਾ ਪੜੀਅਹਿ ਜੇਤੇ ਸਾਸ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਲੇਖੈ ਇਕ ਗਲ ਹੋਰੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਝਖਣਾ ਝਾਖ ॥੧॥ Panna 467

ਬਸ ਹਉਮੈ ਹੀ ਪੱਲੇ ਪਊ॥

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: May 01, 2008 03:22AM

i seriously think you have issues khalsa spirit, maharaj mehar karan.

Posted by: Aparadhee (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2008 07:41AM

khalsa spirit has made a valid point,

if an akhand paaht is in progress then no other divan should be held in that darbar let alone another akhand paaht. how is the sangat going to benefit if sevadars are skipping from one akhand paaht to the other as seen in alot of guru ghars where upto 5 akhand paahts can be in progress at once.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib