ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

dr surinder singh jee
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 16, 2008 09:07AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

khalsa jeeo,

i recently got to speak with jasvir singh (chandigarh) who currently lives in Manchester, UK. he has spent a lot of time with singhs including dr surinder singh. veer mandeep singh (southall) also got to speak to him when i was not there and may have more interesting details.

dr surinder singh had very strict jeevan and rehit but didn't openly preach regarding this i.e. sarbloh bibek. it seems maharaaj jee wished to keep this particular singh jee gupt regarding verbal parchaar around this and other tat gurmat issues.

he would ride a bicycle everywhere - i like this because i do the same...now if only riding bikes could make me as chardee kalaa as him! lol

he would always be distributing medicines.

he would have simple clothes, and would tie his bata and maybe one or two other utensils to his back using a rope if i remember correctly. in this way, he would travel, veparvah, on his bicyle here and there.

many times, if singhs could not locate him or find out about his whereabouts from others, they would head to darbaar sahib where he would invariably always be, sitting in the parkarma listening to keertan etc.

when bhai jasveer singh started soora magazine (which he edited), dr jee disagreed with him strongly because apparently he felt that this was taking jatha into a new direction, of a more political nature. as a result, bhai jasveer singh felt that they seemed to lose something of their close relationship - bhai sahib said that sometimes it would seem as though dr jee ignored him from that day onwards.

however, then bhai sahib became very ill. dr jee dropped all his responsibilities and attended to bhai sahib, remaining devoted at his bed-side, wiping his face with a flannel, administering medicine until he was better. he only left his side once bhai sahib was better.

when dr jee became unwell, and his last days were nearing, he arrived at bhai sahib's house. he slept there and stayed there. he had brought a new set of clothes with him (i.e. the ones he would be dressed with at his antam sanskaar) - he hadn't wanted to put anyone out. his sister did not know that he was there or nearing his mortal end. it was bhai sahib who called his sister and informed her of the situation.

when bhai sahib was telling us the above, i felt very emotional and don't know how i stopped myself from crying, big wet girl's blouse that i am! i then had to attend to something and didn't get to listen further.

mandeep singh, i may have un-intentionally got some things wrong above (you know how dodgy my panjabee is!) - please correct me. or i may have forgotten stuff...also, you talked to him for longer didn't you and may have more to share. if you feel like it, please do so.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: dr surinder singh jee
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2008 10:54PM

uffff.... bhai sahib surinder singh jee. I dont even deserve to become his pet dog.
anyways what were political views regarding the SIKH GENOCIDE. I heard all the AGENCIES were after him. Is this true ????

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib