ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

bharosa/trurst towards guruji??
Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2008 03:45PM

i was feeling this for a long while...........that everything is going fine.......one is doing paath and all of a sudden there is this thought about what is the use of it???

or if somebody cites some other faiths ideologies my mind starts questioning me.........

this is a very dangerous and troublesome situation i personally believe can be worse than lot of other evils because when you indulge in bad things atleast you know that you are wrong and guru sahib is watching you......but in the previous scenario sometimes the pagal mann starts questioning the authority and power of guru saheb...........

what does guru sahib say about such a situation and how do we get "drirtaa" and "bharosa" in our mind regarding sikhi in such moments of doubt.......

Re: bharosa/trurst towards guruji??
Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2008 12:22AM

sangat jee ......ur invaluable replies will be appreciated.........

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2008 06:31AM

Take a Hukamnamma right now i.e. todays at darbar sahib or whenever you can for a reply from Gurji himself

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2008 02:02PM

veer inderjit 1012 ji ,

i think this depends upon the "isthithi" or virtue ur in. I myslf faces this several times but here i think vaheguru himslf helps.

Veerji whn i loses balance from the path i began to think y so many people had written god exists ? and if so many intelligent, (god sended messengers) have written and saID yES ITS THERE ... y shldnt i believe.

Sometimes i took like thres no trust of ur life , sama bahut ghat hai jap lao naam, otherwise kaal da ki bharosa.

sometime some prhase from Gurbani can tend ur mind again towards Vaheguruji.

sometimes reading science, technology makes u feel, yes god really exist.

it depends on what situation i m in.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2008 03:02PM

To have faith in Guru Sahib is very important because Sikhi starts from having faith in the greatness and power of the Saturu – Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee. In Mool Mantra, Vaheguru has been termed as “Gurprasaad” which means Vaheguru is attained through Guru Sahib. If one does not believe in Guru Sahib or doubts the capability, authority and power of Guru Sahib, then one cannot walk on the path of Sikhi.

All evils and kurehits in a Sikh’s life start with doubting or not really believing in Guru Sahib. One who considers Guru Sahib to be present with oneself, cannot commit kurehits.

About having faith, Guru Sahib states in Gurbani:

ijsu prqIiq n AwveI BweI so jIAVw jil jwau ]6]

The meanings are clear. Such person who fails to bring faith on Guru Sahib, such person’s mann (dil, heart) burns in maya. In other words such person can never stay happy.

More baani paath we do, more good sangat we do, more hukams we follow, more faith we will get. Do sangat of Gursikhs who are walking on the path of Sikhi. Their sangat will help restore faith in Guru Sahib.

Kulbir Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2008 07:22AM by admin.

Posted by: scimitar (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2008 04:54AM

kulbir singh ji said it!

if i recall correctly, bhai rama singh ji once said keep simran, bani and seva in balance).

100% unalloyed faith in Gurbani and waheguru is pivotal, then whatever test we face should be helped by the faith we build. Otherwise our mind will not calm.

Building love for waheguru combined with rehat then watch what happens it trickles back singh! if we aim for unconditional love for Guru ji then doubts should cease. What hurdle could we face that could not be overcome?

seva of sangats johre produces miraculous instant results,it must be combined with amritvela.

Whatever is done by the blessing of Waheguru simran paat or seva, the more dhyian n whole heart we focus the more we gain..

bul chug maaf for being a hypocrite but where i have applied this i have found my journey smoother and found myself take the main rd instead of a congested side road. never look down on others, treat all as gods creation, with god inside all created beings. then imagine what happens when you go home and do your paat? those doubts where would they be? erased! pray even for those who harm you. But its at the peak of amritvela where all our golden goodies lie waiting for us..

sikhi is unique

i dont like to treat it on par with "religion", but as a personal way of life with a spiritual journey where God has equipped us with the most useful tools. We can utilise them and take endless benefit. Its a hidden world until we tap into it. We can take a drop and theres a huge ocean.

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2008 09:59AM

[April 15, 2008, Tuesday 04:45 AM. IST]
todays hukamnama

English Translation :

GOND:
As the house will not stand when the supporting beams are removed from within it, just so, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, how can anyone be carried across? Without the pitcher, the water is not contained; just so, without the Holy Saint, the mortal departs in misery. || 1 || One who does not remember the Lord  let him burn; his body and mind have remained absorbed in this field of the world. || 1 || Pause || Without a farmer, the land is not planted; without a thread, how can the beads be strung? Without a loop, how can the knot be tied? Just so, without the Holy Saint, the mortal departs in misery. || 2 || Without a mother or father there is no child; just so, without water, how can the clothes be washed? Without a horse, how can there be a rider? Without the Holy Saint, one cannot reach the Court of the Lord. || 3 || Just as without music, there is no dancing, the bride rejected by her husband is dishonored. Says Kabeer, do this one thing: become Gurmukh, and you shall never die again. || 4 || 6 || 9 ||

Tuesday, 2nd Vaisaakh (Samvat 540 Nanakshahi) (Page: 872)

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2008 04:01PM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

khalsa jeeo,

when i read the rahao panktee regarding today's hukamnama, it stood out:

ਜਾਰਉਤਿਸੈਜੁਰਾਮੁਨਚੇਤੈ॥
One who does not remember the Lord - let him burn.
ਤਨਮਨਰਮਤਰਹੈਮਹਿਖੇਤੈ॥੧॥ਰਹਾਉ॥
His body and mind have remained absorbed in this field of the world. || 1 || Pause ||

my understanding is that siree guroo sahib jee is indirectly describing the manmukh's body and mind as stubble - the leftover, useless stalks which remain once a crop such as wheat has been harvested. the stubble is usually burnt so that the ash reinvigorates the soil, ready for the next round of planting.

the crop of opportunity/swaasaa(n) to gather the lahaa of naam have been 'harvested'; they no longer remain in the field. these were the useful crop.

the field of this world is filled with janjalae - worldly entanglements and attachments. some of us will be harvested in this karam-bhoomee field via japping naam breath by breath, becoming ik-mik with vaheguroo, whilst others will remain behind as useless stubble. just as the stubble is burnt but even then still remains in the field as ash, so too does the manmukh find no release from birth/death and janjalae, remaining constantly absorbed in the field...

these thoughts brought to mind the following panktee from asa kee vaar:

ਨਾਨਕਗੁਰੂਨਚੇਤਨੀਮਨਿਆਪਣੈਸੁਚੇਤ ॥
naanuk guroo n chaethunee man aapunai suchaeth ||
O Nanak, those who do not think of the Guru, and who think of themselves as clever,

ਛੁਟੇਤਿਲਬੂਆੜਜਿਉਸੁੰਞੇਅੰਦਰਿਖੇਤ ॥
shhuttae thil booaarr jio sunnjae andhar khaeth ||
shall be left abandoned in the field, like the scattered sesame.

the perfectly good sesame seed (body/mind/atma) is sown via scattering. despite its potential positive uses as a crop in its on right, it is 'thrown back' into the field to eventually produce more seeds.

like the manmukh who thinks he is clever, the sesame seed feels it was useful, worthy and full of goodness when in fact the farmer (vaheguroo) has no intention of retaining it i.e. the manmukh is not acceptable/parvaan.

the above are of course limited thoughts.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: The Future Is Bright (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2008 06:06PM

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

My two pence...

Waheguru ji created us to have doubts and to be critical of things we experience around us. I have had numerous debates with strong believers of many faiths and many seem reluctant to listen to things that may make them question their faith in their religions and when they do hear such things, they get angry!

I believe that true faith in Guru Sahib entails knowing all criticisms against Sikhi, but still having faith in Guru Sahib as strong as ever. Daas would encourage you to explore these doubts and see what Guru Sahib replies to these doubts and you will find that your faith/ bharosa towards Guru Ji will grow stronger. When people try challenging you, they will most likely bring up these certain "doubts" and criticisms in an attempt to shake your faith/bharosa in Guru Sahib. However,if you have already analysed these criticisms against Guru Sahib and see what Guru Sahib has to say about it, your faith in Guru Sahib will not be shaken as you will have strong arguments.

Daas must stress that our Guru Sahibaans were of superior intellect. Gurmat principles are logical and all these criticisms are due to OUR lack of understanding of Gurbani, not mistakes by Guru Sahib. It is for this reason doubts must be a signal for us to study more Gurbani!

I hope this helps as I am an amateur! ! !

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: April 16, 2008 03:44AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਨਾਸੇ ॥
Meditating in remembrance on the Lord Master, sinful mistakes are erased,

ਸੂਖ ਸਹਜ ਆਨੰਦ ਨਿਵਾਸੇ ॥੧॥
and one comes to abide in peace, celestial joy and bliss. ||1||

ਰਾਮ ਜਨਾ ਕਉ ਰਾਮ ਭਰੋਸਾ ॥
The Lord's humble servants place their faith in the Lord.

ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਸਭੁ ਮਿਟਿਓ ਅੰਦੇਸਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Chanting the Naam, the Name of the Lord, all anxieties are dispelled. ||1||Pause||

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਕਛੁ ਭਉ ਨ ਭਰਾਤੀ ॥
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, there is no fear or doubt.

ਗੁਣ ਗੋਪਾਲ ਗਾਈਅਹਿ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤੀ ॥੨॥
The Glorious Praises of the Lord are sung there, day and night. ||2||

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬੰਧਨ ਛੋਟ ॥
Granting His Grace, God has released me from bondage.

ਚਰਣ ਕਮਲ ਕੀ ਦੀਨੀ ਓਟ ॥੩॥
He has given me the Support of His Lotus Feet. ||3||

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨਿ ਭਈ ਪਰਤੀਤਿ ॥
Says Nanak, faith comes into the mind of His servant,

ਨਿਰਮਲ ਜਸੁ ਪੀਵਹਿ ਜਨ ਨੀਤਿ ॥੪॥੭੩॥੧੪੨॥
who continually drinks in the Immaculate Praises of the Lord. ||4||73||142||

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib