ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

gurmat anand karaj
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 01:25AM

i very strongly feel that there is a very gurmat way of performing anand karaj ceremony and these days we seem to have lost that. In AKJ, only amritdharis wearing 5 kakkaars can do anand karaj and thats very nice, but I do feel there is more gurmat to an anandkaraj than this and I will be very thankful if someone can help me in knowing more about gurmat anand karaj. One of my friends is planning to chakk amrit(i am convincing him on keski and i think his wife is about to agree). They have expressed desire to do a proper anand karaj(with lareevar saroop and keski kakaar). here is what my mind is telling
1. before the anand karaj ceremony(2 sikhs or ideally 5 sikhs) from guru roop sadh sangat shud take peshi of both bibi and singh together.
2. after peshi bibi shud be asked if she wants the anand karaj to go ahead. If she answers yes, then the same shud be asked to the singh and if he answers yes, then same shud be done to the father(guardian) of the bibi and if he answers yes, the anand karaj shud proceed.
3. both bibi and singh shud have complete ishnaan done and shud be dressed in gurmukhi bana(thats very important I feel) and it will be more great if they are decorated with shastars and gandassas(hahahaha)
4. the mukhi of the 5 sikhs shud enlighten both singh and bibi about gristi life, responsibilites, duties(thats EXTREMELY IMPORTANT I FEEL)
5. after the anand karaj, the couple shud seek blessing of the 5 sikhs and the remaining guru roop sadh sangat thats present there.
6.in the end both singh and singhni shud play gatka with each other and the bibi shud try her best to beat the singh(hahahahaha)

Re: gurmat anand karaj
Posted by: ... (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 10:19AM

Quote:
6.in the end both singh and singhni shud play gatka with each other and the bibi shud try her best to beat the singh(hahahahaha)
lollllll jokes

yeh sounds gud. hit the nail on the head my friend.

Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 11:56AM

At the end I think the singh and singhni should do naam abhiyaas together and see who can keep up longest. lol

Date: April 07, 2008 02:05PM

by closing their eyes and doing naam together, they wont be knowing each other much. by playing gatka(ideally daily) they will get to know each other much more.
reason: in a fighting encounter ,a person is much more hungry to know the strenths/weaknesses of the opposing fighter than in a friendly/calm/peaceful/spiritual encounter.
So to know each other well, the singh and singhni shud play gatka daily, the bibi shud try to give a nice beating/kutappaaa,hahaha to the singh daily and the neighbours instead of hearing naam/bani shud be hearing "margiyaaa neeee,bachaooo bachaooo", hahahaha

Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 03:10PM

I thought this thread would be an interesting read, but it seems to be nothing more than personal opinion and jokes!

Both should be Amritdhari and activities like parties should not happen... keertan is more appropriate.

Things like playing Gatka with each other would probably never happen lol

Date: April 08, 2008 01:53AM

<< I thought this thread would be an interesting read, but it seems to be nothing more than personal opinion and jokes! >>>
Pyare veer jeeoo, kindly forgive this neech insaan for his silly/childish jokes. It will take me some time to completely give up all the habits of pre-amritdhari life and I guess I need more physical sangat of amritdharis as most of the time I am either alone(i love being alone) or on the internet.

<< Both should be Amritdhari and activities like parties should not happen... keertan is more appropriate. >>
yes, very true.

<< Things like playing Gatka with each other would probably never happen lol>>
if Satguru jee decides me to get married in this joon, I would want to play gatka with my singh-nee(nihang-nee) jee, i hope Satguru jee allows this.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib