ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Kharkoo Chhalla
Posted by: Singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2008 04:55AM

Beautiful Poem by Sardar Sukhdeep Singh Barnala, taken from panthic.org.

Using chhalla form of poetry, the poet has written about the plight of Sikh youth who suffered from the hands of police in Punjab.

ਛੱਲਾ

ਛੱਲਾ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੜਕੇ
ਆਉਂਦਾ ਕਾਲਜੋਂ ਪੜ੍ਹਕੇ
ਵੇਖਣ ਪੁਲਸੀਏ ਖੜ੍ਹਕੇ
ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਛੱਲਿਆ, ਤਣਿਆ
ਛੱਲਾ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਬਣਿਆ
ਛੱਲਾ ਖੇਤੋਂ ਫੜਿਆ.....ਓ
ਛੱਲਾ ਖੇਤੋਂ ਫੜਿਆ
ਧੱਕੇ ਬੁੱਚੜਾਂ ਦੇ ਚੜ੍ਹਿਆ
ਬੱਸ ਖ਼ਬਰਾਂ ’ਚ ਲੜਿਆ
ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਛੱਲਿਆ, ਜਣਿਆ
ਮੁਕਾਬਲਾ ਨਹਿਰ ਤੇ ਬਣਿਆ
ਛੱਲਾ ਟੰਗਿਆ ਈ ਥਾਣੇ.....ਓ
ਛੱਲਾ ਟੰਗਿਆ ਈ ਥਾਣੇ
ਕੈਸੇ ਰੱਬ ਦੇ ਭਾਣੇ
ਕੀ ਬਣੂ ਅੱਲਾ ਈ ਜਾਣੇ
ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਛੱਲਿਆ, ਲੀਕਾਂ
ਉਏ ਮਾਂ ਕਰਦੀ ਉਡੀਕਾਂ
ਛੱਲਾ ਕੰਨ ਦੀਆਂ ਡੰਡੀਆਂ.....ਓ
ਛੱਲਾ ਕੰਨ ਦੀਆਂ ਡੰਡੀਆਂ
ਸਾਰੇ ਜੱਗ ਵਿਚ ਭੰਡੀਆਂ
ਗੱਲਾਂ ਛੱਜ ਪਾ ਛੰਡੀਆਂ
ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਛੱਲਿਆ, ਮਣਕੇ
ਰਹਿ ਗਏ ਅੱਤਵਾਦੀ ਬਣਕੇ
ਛੱਲਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਈ ਗਹਿਣੇ.....ਓ
ਛੱਲਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਈ ਗਹਿਣੇ
ਸੱਚ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੇ ਕਹਿਣੇ
ਬਦਲੇ ਗਿਣ-ਗਿਣ ਲੈਣੇ
ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਛੱਲਿਆ, ਢੋਲਾ
ਉਏ ਕਾਨੂੰਨ ਅੰਨ੍ਹਾ ਬੋਲਾ
ਛੱਲਾ ਪਾਉਂਦਾ ਵੋਟਾਂ.....ਓ
ਛੱਲਾ ਪਾਉਂਦਾ ਵੋਟਾਂ
ਲੀਡਰ ਮਾਰਦੇ ਚੋਟਾਂ
ਲਾਉਂਦੇ ਟਾਂਡਾ ਤੇ ਪੋਟਾ
ਉਏ ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਛੱਲਿਆ, ਬੁੱਲ੍ਹਿਆ
ਛੱਲਾ ਜੇਲੀਂ ਰੁਲਿਆ
ਛੱਲਾ ਦੁੱਖ ਨਹੀਓਂ ਦੱਸਦਾ.....ਓ
ਛੱਲਾ ਦੁੱਖ ਨਹੀਓਂ ਦੱਸਦਾ
ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਉੱਤੋਂ-ਉੱਤੋਂ ਹੱਸਦਾ
ਰਿਹਾ ਰੋਗ ਨਾ ਵੱਸਦਾ
ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਛੱਲਿਆ, ਮਾਇਆ
ਉਏ ਛੱਲਾ ਮੁੜਕੇ ਨਾ ਆਇਆ

( 'ਧਰਮ ਯੁਧ' ਕਿਤਾਬ ਵਿਚੋਂ )

Re: Kharkoo Chhalla
Posted by: sikh (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2008 02:57PM

kujjh hay very good, very good

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2008 11:22PM

I belong to Tarntaran ( capital of khalistan ). At the time whn "Singhs" wre fighting for their cause i was only in std 3, but i still remember the sound of night firing near to our village and shreaks of "singhs" and CRPF (sikh) jawans getting down to bullets.
My father was in army , after this incident he took us out of punjab. I still remember the last bus to my vilage was scheduled at 3.30pm during "Singhs time". once we got late at Chola Sahib in tarntaran we wre offered lift by the "singhs" to our village.

I know abt police atrocities thy wre ordered to eliminate youth irrespective of the fact tht they are terrorist "singh" or not. I heard some instances also whn "Singhs" killed innocent people also for their personal revenges,land grab etc.

In our family also some wre with singhs, some wre in army and others in police.

It was the time whn the biggest lost happened to the community. i think we should take peace path for our demands and this way in a democratic country everthing can be achieved. otherwise we will be branded as terrorists.

This is the time whn sikhism and community is again rising and our population is booming. we shld futher increase our no. to grab the oppourtunity in democracy.

Posted by: oothpathang (IP Logged)
Date: March 25, 2008 11:40AM

Sidhu Jee, how can you be from Tarn Taran when you are a Sidhu? The Sidhus generally are not natives of that area unless they live in the cities, which means they have migrated there from elsewhere. Sidhus are found in the southern part of Punjab not Tarn Taran area.

Date: March 28, 2008 01:27PM

OOth pathang ji I firmly agree with u that sidhuz are native of Malwa region. But for ur information their are only 2 villages of SIDHU'z in MAJHa region namely BHatal sehja Singh and Bhai ke Bhathal village.

the story happened like tht BHATHAL SEHJA SINGH SIDHU was General in Maharaja Ranjit singh's Army and for his exemplarily courage in wars (he showm). He was offered land in Tarntaran Region. He was aksed to hallow the area he want. This was he came here from Patiala to Trantaran along with his family.

Posted by: oothpathang (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2008 03:51PM

Thanks Sidhu Jee for the this great information. I find the SidhuBrar history very interesting.

Date: April 02, 2008 02:40AM

oothpatang ji if u want to know more abt sidhu Brar history try WIKIPEDIA +D

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib