ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Youth & Keertan!
Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: December 16, 2007 04:34AM

vjkk vjkf

i notice in peoples previous post about, the youth & keertanees in general, doing this entertainment show thing about which keertanees coming, I've heard a lot of the following things from a lot of youth which i find really worrying

1.If that persons doesn't go i wont go to the program

2.That singh smashed it at keertan, he/she is boosted (meaning chardikala)

3.I weren't feeling that, he's a dry (meaning not good) keertanee

People do loads of simran in keertan, i don't have a problem with this
but nowadays it's turned into a show just head banging, and not focusing ones mind on the gurbanee being sung. Like to pretend that there super keertanees and so the sangat can talk about them mainly youth saying he's wicked this is a ego trip.

alot people who use this forum will know what i mean.
please can people comment

bul chuk marf karna

vjkk vjkf

Re: Youth & Keertan!
Posted by: Singh5 (IP Logged)
Date: December 16, 2007 02:48PM

sad but true

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2007 01:44AM

WHat u wrote is true buddy. Infact its a bit worse I think. Some people learn kirtan with a deep down hope that some NRI bibi or singh might like their kirtan(and their looks too) and might marry them(such people shud dip their nose in water or shud declare themselves khussraaas). Some people use kirtan to impress the opposite gender too. Its just become an ego show.
The real Kirtan is Naam Khanda. Now, doing this kirtan is tough,infact only Waheguru jee can make us do this kirtan("se simrahe jin aap simrayee"). Learning vajjaa isnt that big a deal.
Regarding doing Naam while kirtan, i personally find that pretty wrong. However, if some chardikalla aatma is doing kirtan, sometimes they might be unable to control the love they are getting from Father Waheguru jee and might start Naam. But these days everybody doing headbanging is RIDICULOUS and is only Haummee.
I feel the solution to above problem is to get tough. If someone wants to do kirtan, ask that person to first go to a seperate room, maar chaunkrrraa and kharrkaaaa khandaa for 3 hours and after that allow the person to do kirtan.
By doing this, the kachee or bhekhi bande will automaticallyl run away.
Also if some bhekhi kirtanniya is caught doing haha hehe with bibis who are suppossed to be like his real sisters, he shud be strongly told to stop this nonsense and if he doesnt improve, well.. throw him out.

Posted by: Singh5 (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2007 11:42AM

Veer Harinder Singh Jee! I can't explain how much you've made me laugh. Again, spot on! Your description has reminded me of so many youths i know of. 'haha hehe'

Posted by: Balpreet Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2007 12:35PM

A lot of abhiyasi Gursikhs don't go to Smagams anymore because of the spectacle they have become.

It's a fact that the Akhand Kirtani Jatha has become something very different than what it once was.

The Kirtan is now often very flashy and gimmicky. It's also sad that some kirtanis are actually paid to attend smagams. The kirtan is not akhand and the abhyaas in it isn't akhand. It's just a mixture of both. People that don't know what's going on feel uncomfortable seeing the kirtan at many smagams now because it seems people are screaming and jumping. This isn't just a rare person, often the entire stage is going crazy.

I asked a Singh who did sangat with Bhai Sahib about this. He said he saw on two occassions when a Singh started to do loud abhyaas in kirtan. He said Bhai Sahib said out loud once "Ghar jaa ke kharkaao" and the second time Bhai Sahib said, "liaayo khoonda, sodhiyay Kookay noo(n)" ie. bring me a stick, let's punish this Kooka.

Today we have new and innovative ways of doing dhunni that surpass even the old style with "hardcore" styles.

The whole point of the Akhand Kirtani Jatha was to inspire people with Jeevan-vale abhiyasi Gursikhs doing kirtan that has spiritual power. Today it seems there is more focus on who can play the best tune.

Two aspects of Akhand Kirtani Jatha that have been totally neglected are Akhand Paath Sahibs and also Amrit Sinchaars. Both of these were fundamental parts of any smagam. People would be inspired by the kirtans to become 'guru-vale' and so the success of a Smagam was often measured by how many abhilakhi there were at the Amrit Sinchaar.

Anyways, without going on much further, it's sad to see the Akhand Kirtani Jatha become something totally different than what older Singhs experienced and what you can hear from them.

Posted by: Outwardly (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2007 04:16PM

Veers 'Manmat', Harinder Singh and Balpreet Singh, you have spoken my mind!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa,
Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2007 04:39AM

how could one stop this latest trend, you cant do it buy just telling them to stop showing off

maybe ardas or asking one of the elder gursikhs

if we don't attend a rensbhai, like the elder abhyassi gursikhs do

should one do there own programs then?

Date: December 18, 2007 08:13AM

I feel only SAtguru jee can improve things. I feel somebody like Bhai SAhib Randhir Singh Jee has to come again. People will automatically listen and follow such a great soul. People like us can use all their aandriyaan da zorr to improve things but it wont have that much of an affect on people.

Posted by: Pakhand (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2007 12:08PM

Gurfateh Ji

Im probably wrong but to my understanding for some people when they sing loud it helps them concentrate better
From personal experience if i find the kirtani singing a tukh from bani dat hits you personally you tend to sing it louder, i thought that there were stages when at 1st you sing with rasna then with the mind?
so maybe somebody starts singing loud n maybe when they move forward in their sikhi dont see the need?

I'm badly sorry if i've said anything wrong MAFFI JI

Humreh avgun bohut bohut heh buhu bar bar har gant nah aveh

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2007 05:34PM

Two aspects of Akhand Kirtani Jatha that have been totally neglected are Akhand Paath Sahibs and also Amrit Sinchaars.

Can you elaborate further please!

Date: December 23, 2007 12:10AM

I personally feel that the root cause of most problems in the jatha and in the panth is amrit sanchar. Outside the jatha, there is no naam drirh, so people are just unable to do simran and fight Maya. Within the jatha, so much khuaari has happened, so many subgroups have taken birth and every group want "their man" in the Punj. Now this is completely unacceptable. Seva in Punj who are Guru Roop is the topmost seva and to bring politics and groupism into it. well.... such people shud be made to ............ dont want to say anything.

The gurmat vidhi of japping naam has got distorted and different versions have taken birth. Even people who know the correct vidhi, are not told how to do the GUPT, SEHAJ(without effort) simran(Bhai SAhib has written about this in his tract "Waheguru Simran").ITS ALL ABOUT this gupt simran, this simran KILLS MAYA.
During Bhai Sahibs time, Punj used to be jyot vigassi, and dasam duaars used to frequently get open during amrit sanchars. Even people who dint get their dasam duars opened, used to experience such a strong Naam de daat, that they used to become solid naam abhiyaasis.
These days there are few naam abhiyaasis, amrit of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaaj jee is so powerful, that every amritdhari shud become a naam abhiyaasi, its all about being naam abhiyaasi(thats the tatt rehit and other rehit is kept to make this naam abhiyaas more powerful).
The old powerful souls need to come back to set this mess right. Something tells me that the old Khalsa army is getting united,WE ALL ARE BACK.
I feel things are about to change.
PRAGTIYO KHALSA PRAMATAM KE MAUJ

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib