ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

when do you know you are ready for amrit???
Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 05:21PM

wjkk wjkf

sangat ji i am in a mighty confused state............i have started doing path(some of the baanis) everyday with kirpa of guruji.........but unfortunately the kaam demon which had somewhat subsided over the years seems to have again taken grip ever since i have come to USA.

i am indulging in these thoughts and actions inspite of the fact that tuks from gurbaani keep ringing in my mind telling me this is all false but it just pulls me........got away from the topic............i wanted to take amrit but i am in no state whatsoever where i can see myself keeping rehat........i am scared but at the same time i have read that your life changes after taking amrit............i want to do it but given what is going on i am so scared......

how will i ever come to know that i am ready for amrit??

Re: when do you know you are ready for amrit???
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 14, 2007 06:22AM

Its not just u, kaam has eaten everybody. ONly a person who is doing solid naam kamayeee is able to give kaam a fight, everyone else are regularly beaten by kaam.
But getting kaami thoughts is 1 thing, acting upon them, sleeping with someone other than ur wife is a HUGE HUGE SIN.Dont do this. Dont even go near any bibi other than ur wife.baki USA koi farrak nahin painda, india ch ve lokki garakk gaye ne.In west atleast people do their kaam openly,here in india EVERYTHING is happening behind closed doors and inside closed cars.
NOw when 1 becomes ready ? Thats a tough question.
Personally I feel if u can read 7 nitnem banis a day, are ready to keep minimum bibek(its great if u could keep sarbloh).And can consistently get up at amritvela, u shud get pesh. Amritvela is the key to bhagti, without this u will find it tough to experience the kalla of Naam khanda.
Ideally one shud get up at 2-2.30 and do around 2.5-3 hours of naam abhiyaas. But even if u get at around 4-4.30 and do around 1-1.5 hours of abhiyaas, thats good for a start and slowly SAtguru will do HIs kirpa and this time will increase.
There are crores of people in this world who get at 4-5 for doing exercise, morning walk, so if someone who wants to become a sikh of Dunia de malakk Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaaj and cant even get up at 4-4.30, thats a COMPLETE SHAME.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib