ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Inspiring others - Kesh
Posted by: S1NGH (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2007 09:27AM

Fateh,

I have been asked many times by other people 'why do you keep your hair?'.
I know the reasons for it, and i give a basic answer. However i think there is no point in answering this question if it does not inspire teh person who is asking.

So what i wanted was for some of you lot to tel me how to answer the question 'why do you keep your hair?'
But in an inspirational way. I also find it hard to answer this in a level so that others wil understand, becuase i think its too complicated when i answer it.

Please help, so that others will understan....thanks alot!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Re: Inspiring others - Kesh
Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2007 06:44PM

Questioner: Why do you keep your hair?
Singh: Do you believe in God?
Questioner: No
Singh: Then you won't understand. Forget it, what did you have for breakfast this morning?

Questioner: Why do you keep your hair?
Singh: Do you believe in God?
Questioner: Yes
Singh: Do you believe that God is All Perfect, supreme and free from any least possible kind of error?
Questioner: I guess
Singh: So you do agree that He never makes any mistakes?
Questioner: Yup
Singh: The hair on our body is God given, and its there for a purpose. By cutting it, we are indirectly stating to God that You made a mistake in creating me, I am going to correct it. You didn't make me perfect or beautiful, so I am going to do that myself. Is there a greater foolishness than defying the Creator?

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2007 03:02AM

Well just tell them that I keep my hair because my Guru told me to do so. My Guru is perfect and complete and whatever He has ordered is perfect as well.
Bass gall khatamm. Jada reasons denn de lorr nahin lokan nu. Jisde bhagg change honn ge,usnu aappe he keshan de importance da pata lagg juuu. Religion is a personal thing and one shud not be discussing it much. If someone is that curious to know the importance of kesh, well... give them the address of this website and u will have some very pyare gursikhs answer their questions.

Date: December 13, 2007 09:37AM

kk, i get what you lot are on about, but, i feel that if i am asked a question about sikhi its my duty to inspire them on the right path. And to kill the conversation off wont work. And also to say sommat like my guru sed wont make sence for them.

I wanted an answer that is so simple and links to nature and also to gurbani...

but thanks so far for the replys

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 10:17AM

Waheguru ji ki khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

This is a fact that the dialogues or debate can be done with wise ones not with dumb. For example Sri Guru Nanak dev jee did dialogues with them who already accepted the presence of God but were not salivated because of lack of Satnam. The Sidh Goshat is perfect example Sidhs were at that level let's say PhD level towards God but they need a little trigger of Satnam to complete the degree and Guru Sahib explained them and they accepted the Satnam. On other hand we are dumb so Guru Sahib Sahib did not or will not dialogue with us but just give the order like this one

ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥
ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥
ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥
ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥

And whoever accepted the supermacy of Guru Sahib he/she completed this cycle. So, other person to whom you are going to talk must have certain knowledge about God otherwise you need the power as much as Guru Sahib to make dumb a Sikh or to convince them the importance of Kesh and Kakkar. So bottom line suggestion is do not fool with them unless they are desparatly interested in because most of them do it just for time pass. The only inspiration one can offer is his/her day to day behavior achieved thru Kamai of Sikhi. And by the way the right question is why you cut hair? Not why you keep hair.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: December 14, 2007 03:58AM

<< And also to say sommat like my guru sed wont make sence for them.>>

u know what, what u wrote is absolutely ridiculous. It makes perfect sense.Its the most inspirational answer. Just tell them I have no intelligence to understand the orders or commands of my Master, My Satguru. I am a slave to Him and do exactly what He tells me to do. My Guru loves kesh and has ordered not to cut them. My forefathers had their scalps removed just to obey this order of Satguru. I too will prefer death than to have my hair cut.
There is no need to act like a smart scientist giving them scientific reasons for growing kesh etc.

Date: December 14, 2007 09:34AM

Harinder SIngh i am sorry if i offedned u. But seriously u think about this logically. If a muslim, hindu, atheist asked you, its easy to say cos my guru says. But that brings ont eh debate about who teh guru is and tehy wouldnt understand.
I think for anything in sikhi u can say cos guru nanak dev ji sed. But truthfully i dont think they will be blown away if the conversation is killed off. But if some1 liek Kulbir SIngh coulkd help answer this. Please?
I am a sinner, and so if i have offended any1 by my comments pls forgive me...

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: December 14, 2007 12:35PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

SINGH JIO,

Quote "If a muslim, hindu, atheist asked you, its easy to say cos my guru says. But that brings ont eh debate about who teh guru is and tehy wouldnt understand."

If this is the case that the person you are going to answer is Muslim then just humbly ask a simple question would you accept the picture of Hajrat Muhammad with clean shaven and without turban? If this seems harsh then ask other way did they ever seen the picture of Hajrat Mohammed without beard and turban? Same question goes to a Christian friend in fact now its Christmas season every day you seen the SANTA ਸੰਤਾ why he has beard? Why not without beard? Jesus Christ’s statue or pictures never been made without Kesh. So what is the reason behind? That is why we mentioned in earlier post if some one has pre-existing knowledge they would not ask you again but if they are just time passing they will fool you. Every religion's prophet kept their Kesh. The pictures, statues exist today are proof. Now if followers do not want to follow then who are we and you to convince them? For Atheists, only GOD can help.

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Date: December 15, 2007 04:02AM

<< But seriously u think about this logically. If a muslim, hindu, atheist asked you, its easy to say cos my guru says. But that brings ont eh debate about who teh guru is and tehy wouldnt understand.
I think for anything in sikhi u can say cos guru nanak dev ji sed. >>

The key for someone to understand the sikh faith is to understand who the Guru is.And if someone is unable to or does not want to understand who the True Guru is, that person will never understand the importance of keshan properly.
Moreover this dunia has become very shaitaan. U might use all the zorr of aandriyaan to make someone understand the importance of keshan and same person might mock u at ur back. There are few people who genuinely want to know about things. Muslims in particular want to mock others faith and sell their own faith, no point in debating with them about faith.

Date: December 15, 2007 05:49AM

fateh,
I like the last few coments, thanks for sharing them....
I looked around on the internet for another answer. i found this, please read:

This question is asked a lot “Why do you keep hair?” Hair is a gift from God, therefore why should anyone throw it away by cutting it? Sikhs live the way God made humans and never cut their hair. For Sikhs hair is the symbol of love for God and the respect for everything He has given us. The way God made us is the most beautiful of all. To Christians, even the Bible says, “God loves us and cares so much about us that even all the hairs of our head has well counted” (Matt.10:30).

One argument heard often is that if you do not cut your hair, it keeps growing and will eventually reach the ground. Sikhs never cut their hair and it does not touch the ground, their eyebrows grow to a specific length, their moustaches grow to a specific length, and their beard stops at a specific length. Our body has a natural way of shedding and regenerating hair, thus after a period of time hair seems to stay at a consistent length.

Millions of Sikhs do not cut their hair and their hair grows to a specific length depending on their individual characteristics. Even if you still believe that hair do not stop growing and will eventually reach the ground, you should first consider whether to believe the one who has never seen hair growing or the millions of people who have never cut their hair? The answer is obvious.

Another important point is that Sikhs are not to use razors or any other such devices on their bodies, from the time of birth, for they do not cut their hair from any part of their bodies. In order to keep hair neat and clean Sikhs roll the hair on the top of their head. The hair is then covered by different types of turbans.

From the scientific view, keeping hair is practical because hair has many functions. It traps an insulating layer of still air just outside the skin, and thereby reduces loss of heat by radiation, hair absorbs harmful radiations from the sun, hair follicles can make androgenic hormones and Axillary hair provides larger surface area for evaporation of sweat. Although Sikhs do not need scientific explanations to keep hair, it is important to note that scientific explanations do indeed exist.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Date: December 15, 2007 05:52AM

I also found a good site, this site answers questions related to sikhism that you would expect to be asked by other people.

[www.realsikhism.com]

Click on FAQs (http://www.realsikhism.com/faq/index.html)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Date: December 16, 2007 03:57AM

Kesh have an extremely imortant rishta with Naam. People who japp Naam, their kesh become so beautiful, their darra becomes AMAZING.

Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: December 16, 2007 04:59PM

Date: December 17, 2007 09:57AM

David Icke says some good stuff in that video....thanks for sharing it

Date: December 25, 2007 04:47AM

<< The Sidh Goshat is perfect example Sidhs were at that level let's say PhD level towards God but they need a little trigger of Satnam to complete the degree and Guru Sahib explained them and they accepted the Satnam>>

Khalsaspirit,
I find the above statement pretty wrong. I hope u are not trying to act goodie goodie by writing this. Sidhs were at a wrong path. "gur bin ghor andhaar".
Yes some of them might have had greatpassion to meet God (thats why Waheguru Himself in the form of Satguru Sr Guru Nanak DEv Jee Maharaaj Jee showed them the true way)but THEY WERE NOT AT SOME PHD LEVEL. They were trying to cross over this terrible world ocean by avoiding the ocean. They used to critisize gristi jeevan but used to shameless begg money from gristi. They might have had knowledge about this temporary body but of waht use is this knowledge.Without having crazy love for preetam WAheguru jee, whats the use of this knowledge ?

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib