ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Feet to SGGSJ
Posted by: 123 (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2007 04:17AM

I just wanted to know why we should not point our feet towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee?
There is a Sakhi of when Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee went to Mecca and he had his feet towards the Kabba and when the priest turned them around, the Kabba moved with Guru Ji's feet, and Guru Nanak said that God is Everywhere so it does not matter where my feet are placed...

So I was just wondering why we shouldn't point our feet towards Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

Re: Feet to SGGSJ
Posted by: Balpreet Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2007 12:25PM

A Gursikh with shardha will not want to point his/her feet towards Guru Sahib because Guru Sahib is the divine Akali Jot. It is Shabad Guru and whatever respect we pay to Guru Sahib is not enough. It is really q question of respect that is felt inside.

The Kaaba by contrast however is big black room with a rock stuck in the side. It is not the house of God nor does it contain any divine quality.

Re: Feet to SGGSJ
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2007 03:44PM

waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Agree with bhai Balpreet Singh ji and further to that the saroop of guru sahib is JAHARA JAHOOR and HAJRAA HAJOOR which means as same as a worldy king is sitting on his singhasan. Then how we sit in his darbar? You and we all know we will definatly sit or stand in a proper manner. So yes in gurusahib's darbar we sit cross leged or stand with hands folded.

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh
k

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib