ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Contacting Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee
Posted by: SENGH (IP Logged)
Date: December 05, 2007 10:08AM

Vaheguru je ka khalsa Vaheguru Je Ke Fateh!

i was wondering how I would go about contacting R4G are they still doing seva?? basically a Gurdwara sahib in the town which i go to uni have an annual naggar keertan on Vaisakhi with there only being 2 Gurdwarai in town they start at one and go to the other. on the way there is a mandir it stops there and the ragis get off the truck a hindu woman gets on the truck and starts singing ( i dont no what shes singing but it definatly isnt gurbani) and another gets on and starts doing this wierd circlular motion with this tray of something burning. A group of us tried having a word with the gurdwara commitee and the result we got was shocking the pardaan of the gurdwara said "why isnt that sikhi?? Guru nanak dev ji was a hindu"
thats word for word the response of the pardaan.

i was just wondering if you might be able to help us with this issue!!

Vaheguru je ka khalsa Vaheguru je ke fateh!

Re: Contacting Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee
Posted by: khalistan_zindabaad (IP Logged)
Date: December 06, 2007 06:49AM

where?

Date: December 06, 2007 01:08PM

UK sorry

Date: December 07, 2007 05:10AM

uk

Posted by: AmritAtwal (IP Logged)
Date: December 10, 2007 12:53PM

Vaheguru je ka khalsa Vaheguru Je Ke Fateh!

The Gurdwara in question is in Huddersfield, Prospect ST. This has been raised before on this site and no Singhs were willing to do anything about then and i don't think they would like to get involved now.

Some young Singhs did try but with no back up there is little that can be done!

It is sad but it comes down to fear. So many Singhs these days do the talk but when it comes to real issues that affect the Panth they seem to run and hide and say " We dont like to get involved with politics"

The reason i can say this is because some of us tried to stop this and we spread the word that this was going to happen but on the day no one showed up and we were left again to deal with the problem alone, a bunch of non-Amritdhari Sikhs and no back up from GurSikhs.

Posted by: khalistan_zindabaad (IP Logged)
Date: December 10, 2007 01:43PM

thanks.

Date: December 10, 2007 02:34PM

Vaheguru je ka khalsa vaheguruje ke fateh

Paji you mentioned some young singhs did try prevent what was going on during the naggar keertan i was one of the singhs. the reason i made this topic is to arrange something to be done!

you also mentioned a group of you tried spreading word, that was the first time i heard of it but i would have definatly have showed up!!

Did you actually get in contact with the R4G campaign lot? if you did do you still have the contact details?

Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2007 04:26AM

Heres the no i found online 07944 445651

Posted by: Bundha (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2007 08:11AM

<<<< on the way there is a mandir it stops there and the ragis get off the truck a hindu woman gets on the truck and starts singing ( i dont no what shes singing but it definatly isnt gurbani)>>>>

Ever thought that they were actually honouring Guru sahib ji????

You don't even know what the lady was singing, maybe she was singing something in honour of Guru Sahib Ji. GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji is SANJA - for everyone, as long as they pay due respect there is nothing wrong in the lady singing something that is in honour of Guru Sahib Ji. You cannot expect here to sing a shabad, if she sang a kavata in honour of Guru Ji is that not good?

Would any of us Sikhs ever sing anything in honour of another faith ?

<<<< and another gets on and starts doing this wierd circlular motion with this tray of something burning >>>>

Again, you have no idea what is happening but jump to conclosions. Looks like some sort of arti to me. This is the way Hindus honour their elders, if she has done this in respect of Guru Ji then what is the harm here ????

There was a time when Hindus / Muslims would come into Gurdwaras and we would go into Mandirs, honouring each others faiths with mutual respect. Now, we are so up in arms about everything that even the most moderate Hindus are turning away with extream views about Sikhs. They do not come to Gurdwaras anymore - because we don't let them.

I do not know the whole picture here - looks like you do not either - but is it not better that the Hindus honoured the Naggar kirtan as it passed , as opposed to closing the doors and ignoring us - in there own way.

Posted by: AmritAtwal (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 12:24PM

It was the Hindu Arti that was being performed to GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji, I must remind you that the GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji is not an stone idol and this therfore is gross disrespect to anothers religion. The GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji is the direct word from God given to the whole world and it should be treated as such. If you would like to know what Guru Nanak has said about this form of worship please read Sohila.

There is no such thing as extreme view in Sikhi only what the Guru has said. If this seems extreme to you then you do not agree with someone who calls himself a Sikh but it's the Sikh Guru's you have the issue with and thats why you have a choice in what you call reality.

It has been said before " Your religion is best for You and mine is for me" What people like you want is to water down Sikhi anto a wishy washy mush that agrees with your wider thought. This might work in places like India because of the lack of education but here we have the access to learn our truths with out the state or racist political party's getting involved.

Posted by: Bundha (IP Logged)
Date: December 14, 2007 03:35AM

I take it your response it to my post but I have no idea what you are rambling on about.

<<< It was the Hindu Arti that was being performed to GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji, I must remind you that the GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji is not an stone idol and this therfore is gross disrespect to anothers religion. >>>

First of all I am not advocating the Hindu arti be recited infront of Guru Ji, but this was a special occasion and as the procession went past the mandir they honoured Guru Ji in their way by reciting their Arti, nothing wrong with it.

Hindu stone deities always have a garland around them, sometimes made of tinsel sometimes of flowers, if someone was to place a garland around you does that make you a stone idol ? if some one places a garland on Guru Sahib Ji does that mean they regard Guru Ji as an idol? No, as long as it is done for the right reasons of honouring and respect there is nothing wrong with it.

This Hindu arti, maybe they did have an ulterior motive, maybe it was their way of respect, I don’t know I wasn’t there but to jump to conclusions is typical a Sikhi way, which is why we alienate ourselves. Not all Hindus are bad, not all Musllumans are bad, they all have the same jyote in them like we do.

<<<< There is no such thing as extreme view in Sikhi only what the Guru has said. If this seems extreme to you then you do not agree with someone who calls himself a Sikh but it's the Sikh Guru's you have the issue with and thats why you have a choice in what you call reality. >>>>

What are you rambling on about ?

<<<< What people like you want is to water down Sikhi anto a wishy washy mush that agrees with your wider thought. >>>>>

What are you rambling on about ?

<<<< This might work in places like India because of the lack of education but here we have the access to learn our truths with out the state or racist political party's getting involved.>>>>

Yes that is right, you use your buddhi to learn your truths, it must be so intellectually superior to mine.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib