ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

controlling anger
Posted by: ramsar (IP Logged)
Date: September 19, 2007 09:51AM

how can dass control his anger?

for dass, its hard to 'turn the other cheek', or 'bite his tounge', so to speak. dass will not back away from confrontation. sometimes when daas does walk away, daas will recall that moment and what he should/could have done instead of walking away.

what does guru ji say about this? dass does not like this anger, or if anyone starts pointing fingers at dass now for being this way. daas just wants to have peace of mind, instead of getting angry.

thanks,
daas

Re: controlling anger
Posted by: so confused (IP Logged)
Date: September 19, 2007 10:08AM

Daas,

Futeh

Try reflecting that anger and take up ghatka focus energy on shastre. You will please Guruji even more.

Futeh

Posted by: ramsar (IP Logged)
Date: September 19, 2007 02:03PM

how will focusing on gatka relieve daas's anger? shastar will only enhance it.

gatka is an exercise for the daas' body.

daas needs exercise of the mind, but does not know where to start.

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2007 09:11AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Gurbani is the remedy to focus on. Try doing Japji sahib in sahej (clear and loud enough) while doing nitnem considering that Guru Sahib is in front you and asked you to read for them.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Mr T (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2007 09:15AM

wjkkwjkf

pajji i had the same problem as well the way im still dealing with it is through kirtan it really calms me down. i find it very peaceful this is the way im tackling with anger and when i feel like getting angry i just start singing a shabad to myself bit weird lol but it keeps me out of trouble. understand the shabad and appreciating the shabad has more of an affect. bhul chuk maf if i hav said anything wrong and i hope this is a solution to your problems. wjkkwjkf

Posted by: Gurnit Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2007 05:44PM

ramsar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how will focusing on gatka relieve daas's anger?
> shastar will only enhance it.
>
> gatka is an exercise for the daas' body.
>
> daas needs exercise of the mind, but does not know
> where to start.

I have the same problem: I can't seem to turn the other cheek and what not, but after taking up some more martial arts i've noticed that i've been less angry, maybe it's because of the martial art or maybe it's because i'm too lazy to argue

Posted by: * (IP Logged)
Date: September 29, 2007 09:55PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

turn the other cheek

"This is gandhi's way not sikhi way."

Anger is not good but depend on situation. Some time it is needed. There is diffrance in krodh and anger. Anger without reson or on week is not good.

Guru sahib as shown us both ways. Usally we should give three chance to other person then do what is nessasory. This is what I try to do.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 07:28PM

Any thing done under the influence of the 5 primary vices namely Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh and Hankaar cannot be right. When Gursikhs fight Dharam-Yudh they don't fight it under Krodh but under the influence of divine Naam. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has written in his book Gurmat Bibek that Gursikhs are not under one iota of anger but they do Dharam-Yudh under Bir Rass which is a Rass that is born out of Naam Abhyaas.

Dhan Jeeo Tih ko Jagg meh, mukh tey Har, Chitt meh Judh Bichaarae||
( I hail their Gurmukhi life in this world who have simran/Jaap on their lips and inside they do Dharam-Yudh with the 5 vices).

The real Soora (warrior) is the one who wins the "SELF" i.e. one's mind - "Aatam jinai Sagal Vass taa kai...||"

Gursikhs like Baba Deep Singh jee used to fight in the battlefield totally intoxicated by Naam-Amrit. They never used to fight out of Ahankaar or Anger. One who is influenced by the 5 vices can never have Naam residing in them.

How to win Anger?

Just like other vices, Naam and Gurbani are the only means to win over them. Keeping strict rehit, living in sangat as much as possible and spending as much time as possible in the divine rememberance of Naam is the only way to win over anger and other vices. Above all, pooran kirpa of Guru Sahib is needed.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2007 07:29AM

Anger only leads to self destruction, makes a mortal unstable and infact decreases his chances of succeeding in the battle. A guru ka sikh considers a duniavi battle as just another tamasha of this unbeleivable play of unbelievable Waheguru jee and fights in nirvair mode and as a result achieves fearless state.
But one has to do day night bhagti of naam and gurbani in order to win over anger and achieve stable nirvair state.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib