ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

disease of anger
Posted by: ramsar (IP Logged)
Date: October 21, 2007 10:24AM

i have an issue where anger has been implanted in me. it is now to a level where im begining to dislike this feeling.

the problem i have is dealing with certain individuals who i unfortunately must cross paths at various events. One minute they will talk about me, then the other they will even come shake my hand. from my experience they are characterless, and very fake individuals. i dont classify them as being men’s men, as they live up to a perverted sense of nobility and comradery. i avoid them, but there is constant gossiping from them, and even confrontation - but only when they know someone will intervene.

my issue is that i will react to people like this. i have no care for them, but my ego cares that someone insults me and gets the best of me, but does not have courage to confront me like a man. i have the old school philosophy that if youre willing to provoke a fight, then atleast be man enough to fight, and not run to protection and/or make a fake apology like a weasal - only to do it again.

i obviously regret meeting these people, but i mostly i regret that i 'let it slide' instead of actually teaching them a lesson right there and then, because its a reoccurring thing.

i had one of them for two years daring me to my face to try react back and say something to his 'friends'. but after i finally lost it i punched him out, where he then threatened to call police. it was infront of all them and noone helped him, yet they are still united as ever which i actually find confusing.

how do i deal with such cowards? to me this is not what men do, or how men should deal with problems. i honestly dont even want to look at them let alone meet them, but what do I do when they flip the script and then come shake my hand? These people are gutless, but I feel like im lured into their drama. ive even been sincere in discussing it, but these individuals seem to be snake-like as they gossip about me, but do their own ‘dirt’ in their personal lives

i feel like i look bad, because of the times i get angery and the subsequent ‘biting of the lip, so to speak. im sincerely trying to become a good sikh, and a good man, bow how do I avoid this?

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib