ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

3 scenarios; what can we learn from them
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2007 12:47PM

A little child is playing with kids. His elder brother is playing with him as well and his father is well within the sight. An older child bullies this little kid and the little kid gets bullied without fighting back.

A little child is playing with kids. His elder brother is playing with him as well and his father is well within the sight. An older child bullies this little kid but the kid stays unfazed and fights back.

A pigeon is grazing seeds and sees a cat approaching. It wants to fly but is too shocked to fly. The pigeon cannot fight back or fly away. Normal viewers view this as carefree nature of the pigeon.

What spiritual lessons can we learn from the above three scenarios. Daas will post his views later on.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Re: 3 scenarios; what can we learn from them
Posted by: MohanLal (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2007 07:17PM

Gurfateh!

1st senario I think its like you've got 5 vaikars surroundin you, and father(Waheguroo Ji) is keepin an eye on us.But then, when this 5 bullies us, we dont fight back cause we think Guroo Ji would help

2nd senario basiclly its the same but then, we fight back, eventho we know Guroo Ji is there, because He give the strenghten (That is by wantin to show how good his child is)

3rd senario is like bhagti da marag.We are doing it, and 5 comes and distruct us.We know it cause we can feel it.We cant do anythingg, cause we dont know which way to fight back.WE cant run cause we are tryin to do bhagti and fight back cause we dont know how.Thats our nature.

Just my lil thinkin.Hope to hear from others and you Bhai Sahib

Gurfateh Ji!

Re: 3 scenarios; what can we learn from them
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 22, 2007 07:22AM

I was recently faced with a perilous situation that forced me to think about my relationship with Vaheguru. I was thinking that if Vaheguru is there, why should I worry. If Vaheguru is on my side, why should I give in to maya the illusion. While pondering with similar thoughts, the following three metaphors flashed through my mind. A child who has faith in his parents will never fear anyone as long as he knows that his parents are around him and will help him if need be. If the child does not know that his parents will come to his rescue and feels that he is alone, then he will get bullied by the stronger kids around.

-----------------
A little child is playing with kids. His elder brother is playing with him as well and his father is well within the sight. An older child bullies this little kid and the little kid gets bullied without fighting back.
------------------

Jeev (creature) is Vaheguru jee’s child. No one is more powerful than Vaheguru and no one is mightier than Vaheguru jee. Vaheguru is ever present with his child and loves his child that no one can measure it. He cares for his child so much that one cannot fathom it. There is only one problem. Vaheguru jee’s limitless, extremely powerful, shakti comes in action for his child only when the child acknowledges that Vaheguru is all powerful and always present and that Vaheguru is the father-mother of the child. Alas, the child is not aware of this and suffers in ignorance. Some children (jeev) of Vaheguru are aware of this in theory but can’t apply it on themselves i.e. they don’t have the faith that Vaheguru is there to guard him. The result is that the child suffers alone.

When we are faced with adversity and bad times, we sometimes start to wonder if Vaheguru is really there and if he is there, why is he so cruel. Gurbani portrays Vaheguru jee as extremely merciful and never says no to his children but in real life we are unable to apply this on our lives when faced with bad times. The reason is lack of Gurmat Gyaan (Divine knowledge derived from Gurbani).

------------
A little child is playing with kids. His elder brother is playing with him as well and his father is well within the sight. An older child bullies this little kid but the kid stays unfazed and fights back.
---------
This is about Gurmukh jeev of Vaheguru jee. Such Gurmukh Jeev knows that Vaheguru is always standing on his head – Sirr oopar thaada Gur Soora (Powerful Guru is always present on the head of his Sikh). Such Sikh does not get upset or scared in bad times. Such Sikhs does not get stressed out or worried in time of danger. Such child of Guru Sahib knows that nothing bad can happen to him if he acknowledges the presence of Vaheguru by japping Naam. A prime example of such Gursikh is Bhagat Prahlaad who withstood his ground when he was thrown from a mountain, attacked by swords, burned in fire. He was so engrossed in Vaheguru that nothing hurt him. All attempts to kill him failed. Vaheguru himself protected him.

Japping Naam is acknowledging the presence of Vaheguru jee and this in turn results in massive benefits for the Seeker.

Just as the child mentioned in this example fights back the bully having faith that his parents will come to his rescue in case he needs them, same way a Gursikh who is equipped with Naam, Gurbani and fath in Guru Sahib does not get worried, stressed out or scared when facing a dangerous situation; rather, such Gursikh’s heart stays as blossom and fresh as flowers are in spring season.

-------------------------
A pigeon is grazing seeds and sees a cat approaching. It wants to fly but is too shocked to fly. The pigeon cannot fight back or fly away. Normal viewers view this as carefree nature of the pigeon.
--------------------

A Pigeon does not see any support when faced with danger. Sometimes when a predator approaches a pigeon, it gets so scared that it can’t move. Then it just ignores the cat or the predator, thinking that just by doing so, it will escape it’s clutches. This is ignorance. Same way, ignorant manmukhs don’t realize the imminent danger that they will face after death, when they will be held accountable for their actions in the next world.

This is the state of manmukhs. They see danger coming their way but stay carefree. They know that they are going to die but they continue to living as if they are going to live forever. They are short-sighted and to satisfy their senses, resort to doing paap karams. They don’t realize the results of their actions. They don’t realize what they will have to go through in the next world. They choose to stay oblivious of what Sant Mahapurakhs have been saying for ages. They are like the pigeon who sees the cat coming but out of fear and ignorance, freezes or closes its eyes. They fall prey to the cat. Same way, we would fall prey to Kaal or Jamm-doots who will take us away to Jamm-lok for punishment.

Guru Sahib bhali karan.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib