ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

the whole nindiya/slandering thing
Posted by: w/ever (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2008 03:50AM

VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa VahegurooJeeKeeFateh ||

Dear saadh sangat jeeo, this may seem long winded, but I really need some advice. The other day, I 'indulged' in gossip and in turn, the person we were talking about was effected in two ways.

1) other people now look down upon him

2) he has lost his trust in me

How can I make things ok again? The person in question is my older brother, the things I shared with other family members were not lies, they were facts about his not so moral behaviour. I do not want to talk about his behaviour again, so for example, let's say he robbed a bank, then he told me he robbed it and then showed me the evidence. He did not tell me to not share this information with anyone, he just "presumed" there was a trust there...

BUT if someone does something wrong don't we have a duty to do something about it?

Is what I did nindiya? He was very upset with me, he told me he was disappointed in me, and in return I got angry (again bring out the vices!) and said the only reason you are disappointed is because now people know the real you and they know what you have been up to...

This whole fiasco has made me feel like comeplete rubbish, I know slandering someone is one of the worst things you can do and the fact that people now see him differently because of me is really making me feel uneasy and upset, I am nowhere perfect, not at all, and I feel completely rubbish that I sat there telling my family what he has done and yet I didn't bother to stop and think about his good qualities or my bad ones for an instant.

I am confused about the whole nindiya/slandering thing...please shed some light and help this moorakh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2008 04:00AM by admin.

Re: the whole nindiya/slandering thing
Posted by: High Spirits (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2008 04:44AM

w/ever veer jee, I found this really amazing Kathaa titled Amrit Mukhtnama (the link is below). It very listenable, quite fast. In it bhai sahib explains when not to lie and when Guroo Sahib has said its better to not tell the truth etc.

It will answer all of your questions if you can make some effort to listen to it.

Link:

[www.gurmatveechar.org]

Date: April 13, 2008 04:50AM

I was just listening to it, I came to the part about speaking the truth...the rehatnama is that if by speaking the truth you are going to do naksaan of somebody, don't speak that truth. I havn't heard the rest but its quite comprehensive from what I remember.

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2008 06:31AM

Veer w/ever ji from the above written intanse i remember one old idiom In punjabi ::

"kaane nu Kaana kadi aakhiye na , Ohnu charda Vatt,
ohnu lagge bai k puchiye , teri kiddan nikli aakh !!"

High spirit is very right, in above statemnt.

Date: April 13, 2008 12:02PM

sidhu.hcl jee thanks for your support. i have read alot of your posts and they are always intriguing and informative.

The katha I provided a link to is really very good. I've been looking for katha about rehat on a practical level and this was excellent, some of it is common sense, but I picked up alot from hearing this katha.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib