ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

shud we use the word granth that easily ?
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2008 11:08PM

The first Paatshah is called Guru NANAK Dev Jee Maharaj Jee and the 11th Paatshah is called Guru GRANTH Sahib(dev can also be used i think) Jee Maharaj Jee.
Shud a sikh be called by the name Nanak Singh ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I will kill that person.
Shud sikhs call a duniavi book or even some book of gur itihaas or panth itihaas Granth ???
I dont think so.
I feel sikhs need to make the word GRANTH SACRED.

Re: shud we use the word granth that easily ?
Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 10:54AM

How can their be 11 guru's Harinder Singh jeeeo??? There is only one guroo joyt!! Now that joyt is in Guru Granth Sahib Jeee

Date: April 11, 2008 01:17AM

very nice question ekta singh jeeeoooo
Jyot is something independent of 5 tatt. Aad Granth contained a very powerful jyot and was HUGELY HUGELY HUGELY HUGELY HUGELY respected by Pancham Paatshah. Its PARKASH was done at Harmandir.
But after addition of gurbani of 9th Paatshahi, the GRANTH that was formed was given GURGADDI. That makes it living. Living is something that is linked with 5 tatt.
So, Aad Granth had parkash(jyot/s). Guru Granth Sahib has parkash(jyot/s) as well as it is LIVING.
EVERYTHING Satguru jee did(words as well as actions) are AGAMM and CONVEY THINGS.
Gurgaddi was not given in 1604 but 1708, which makes Guru Granth SAhib LIVING.

Dasam Granth contains jyot of DARVESSS Dashmesh Pita. He is so DARVESS. He is the ruler of khands, brahamands, nihung armies but still took amrit from Punj Pyare.

What a play! Tera ant na paaravariyaa

Posted by: psingh (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2008 01:47AM

"Shud a sikh be called by the name Nanak Singh ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I will kill that person."

Harinder Singh virji.. need to relax a little bit.. its Shabad Guru that we should be connected to.... dont get stressed about little things in life...

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2008 06:12AM

We all need to take a step back with 'demands of ownership' for traditions that have existed before the onset of Sikhi.

Granth has it's roots in Sahanskriti - refering to a large volume/library, and the preson that learns the Granth and expounds it's contents is a Granthi.

Without argument, these terms are now used mostly in Sikh circles, but Hindu's have and do refer to many important texts of their own (past and present) as granths to this day.

Historically, in Sikh history, many hisotical texts have been refered to as granths by the Khalsa, so we don't really need to waste time re-defining terms that already have an established tradition.

a good example is the Sri Hari Bhagat Prem Prakash Granth (A precious volume which only a handful of people have access to) which was written by Sant Baba Sham Singh Ji Seva Panthi.

Date: April 11, 2008 07:06AM

pyare psingh jee
words like pothi, granth, degh, kirpan, keski, dastar are expensive words. Using them cheaply will lessen their value. Other than the 5 tatts, its just AKHAR in maat lok. We shud value the akhars that constitute the word granth.
my post might sound very silly to most but its not but i cant convince u. so if u find this post silly, just ignore it.

Posted by: Outwardly (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2008 07:08AM

Harinder Singh wrote:

"Shud a sikh be called by the name Nanak Singh ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I will kill that person."

I have pondered this issue for quite some time now - if people can/can't be named after the Gurus. What are the Sangat's views regarding this?

Thanks

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa,
Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

Date: April 11, 2008 08:51PM

there is a doctor in my town by the name waheguru singh.
then there is a showroom/factory which has the name of 1st Maharaaj. Once i was walking on the road and i heard a non-sikh asking a rikhshaw puller "bhaya, vo nanak ke factory kahan hai:

Date: April 12, 2008 02:03AM

<< We all need to take a step back with 'demands of ownership' for traditions that have existed before the onset of Sikhi. >> i apologize.

<< Without argument, these terms are now used mostly in Sikh circles, but Hindu's have and do refer to many important texts of their own (past and present) as granths to this da>>

Guru's name (with or after gurgaddi) also has paras kalla. Thats why in Sri Chandi di vaar, Dasmesh Pita has written "Sri HARKRISHAN dhiyayiye". In Bhai Sahib Nand Lal Ji's Bani, also I feel there is explanation of the AKHAR that constitute GOBIND just as Bhai Sahib Gurdaas Jee has written about the pavitaar akhars of gurmantar.
Yes i feel we shud leave such issues for sarbat khalsa and not forums. My mistake and i seek forgiveness.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib