ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Guru or Satguru
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 08, 2008 09:54PM

When the gurgaddii was passed, the successor became Satguru.
But at a time there can only be 1 Satguru jee. So does this mean that previous Satguru Jee dint remain Satguru after the passing of Gurgaddi ??
So that means that Guru and Satguru are 2 different hasstiis ?
like bhai lehnnaa was a sikh
Guru Angad dev were Satguru
and after Guru Amardaas were made Satguru, Guru Angad Dev Jee remained Guru ?
if the above is right, we can have Guru and Satguru jee at the same time.
So, may be we can call Granth Sahib as Satguru Granth SAhib.
and Dasam Granth as Guru Dasam Granth Sahib.

Re: Guru or Satguru
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2008 07:36AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Harinder Singh jio,

Quote "So, may be we can call Granth Sahib as Satguru Granth SAhib.
and Dasam Granth as Guru Dasam Granth Sahib."

ਅਸੀਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਜਿਆਦਾ ਸਿਆਣੇ ਬਣਨ ਦੀ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਕਰੀਏ ਇਸੇ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਸਾਡੀ ਸਭ ਦੀ ਭਲਾਈ ਹੈ।

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2008 08:51AM

Dasam Granth isnt living like Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj who is Nirankaar himself, IMHO Dasam bani like Jaap Sahib is not God himself, but its a special gift from Guroo Gobind Singh Ji.
Its huge paap when "singhs" do "parkash" of dasam granth next to Guroo Ji, parkash means they are wearing robes and have chaur over them, you cant do parkash of a granth, only of Guroo.
Guroo is ONLY Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, saying that there is a Satguroo and a Guroo, well if one is a Satguroo, other is a false Guroo, so Guroo and Satguroo title are held by the same person.

Date: April 09, 2008 09:37AM

thats true,
A sarovar was found and constructed called amrit sarovar and a temple of Akal purakh(harimandir) was constructed for the parkash of Adi Granth( no gurgaddi at this time). Adi Granth contained bani of first 5 paatshaaahs and it was given ENORMOUS respect, I feel Dasam Granth(not sure if the entire banis in Dasam Granth are the same as Dasam Granth in 1720's 1730's) shud be given GREAT respect.
now is the questin of jyot in granths, well how many of us have seen our own jyot, hahaha and we talk about jyot of Satguru/Akal Purakh. I personally feel even a pothi or gutka contains jyot. Greater the bani stronger the jyot. No one is equal to Sri SATGURU Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj but Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Jee does contain very powerful jyot and needs great respect.
Khalsaspirit jeeo i know gurmantar is very powerful and u r doing good kamayeee par Satguru jee da khel Satguru hee jande nee.
TERA ANT NAA PARAVARIYAAA

Date: April 09, 2008 02:17PM

<< parkash means they are wearing robes and have chaur over them, you cant do parkash of a granth, only of Guroo. )
so what happened in 1604 when Sri Adi Granth Sahib Jee were parkashed in a specially made harimandir in the centre of an amrit sarovar. acoording to ur logic, Sri Adi Granth was just a granth, so what was all this happening in 1604(104 years before gurgaddi ceremony)?

<< saying that there is a Satguroo and a Guroo, well if one is a Satguroo, other is a false Guroo, so Guroo and Satguroo title are held by the same person.>>
Thats a very sad statment.
lets say Guru Angad Dev jee got gurgaddi at time t and became Satguru.
At time (t+1), what happened to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaaj Jee, you would not even call Him(roop of akaal purakh) Guru ? uffff............
Bhai gurbani, granth, gurgaddi ih sab gallan apne vass diyan nahin.
TERA ANT NA PAARAAVARIYAA

Posted by: singhstah (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2008 04:50PM

Sorry Harinder Singh Ji, I am probably mistaken in many ways on that.
Although I still dont think that Dasam Bani can be called Guroo.
The case with Guroo Granth Sahib Ji is that that they are the Guroo of all ages and it was already planned that GurGaddi would be given. With Dasam Bani its a collection of many things, compiled by Bhai Mani Singh Ji, it's not about to become Guroo at any point as Guroo Granth Sahib Jis know the eternal Guroo.
I see it as a paap to have Dasam Granth next to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, given same rumalla and chaur sahib, I mean those are the things which distinguish Guroo Granth Sahib Ji as the living Guroo.

Forgive me for any mistakes ji :)

fateh

Date: April 09, 2008 09:31PM

veer noone is equal Sri SATGURU Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj. At Sri Harimandir SAhib(its the house of akal purakh), only Sri Satguru Granth Sahib is parkashed.
Granth I feel means a COMPILED large text on PAPER
For sikhs, Granth means a COMPILED large 'amrit ocean of pavitarr gurmukhi script' on PAPER by SATGURU JEE.
By the above defination, 'Aad Granth Sahib' was a Granth.
'Dasam Granth Sahib', well i feel its a compilation of Granths and pothis(pothis of Sri Jaap Sahib or even Sri Akal Ustatt).
Now, who did this compilation ?
If Bhai Mani Singh Jee did it, I feel 'Dasam Granth Sahib' shud be called 'Dasam Pita Jee ke granths and pothis' and if it was compiled by Dashmesh Pita(a poster on this thread has mentioned that it existed before 1708 and was present at the conference), it shud be called 'Dasam Pita Ka Granth'.
Infact, I feel FOR SIKHS to call suraj prakash or pracheen panth prakash or any other book as GRANTH is BEADBI, its same as calling some sikh hargobind singh or angaddev singh or harraisingh.
GRANTH IS A SACRED WORD OF THE SIKHS.
Now how many granths did Satguru jee compile ?? hahaha, thats the key question.
how many pothis(example pothis of first 4 Paatshaahs) are not a part of Granth ???
so from the above, I will invent the theory:
all Granths(and even pothis and gutkas) can(in fact SHUD) be parkashed by sikhs.
'Aad Granth' was a Granth no doubt.
Reseach shud be done whether 'Dasam Granth' is a Granth or a collection of Granths and pothis.
P.S: sikhs shud make the names of Guru SAhibaan SACRED. Words like Nanak, Angaddev, Amardaas, Ramdaas, Arjundev,Hargobind, Harrai,Harkrishan, Gobindrai(as well as Gobind) and Granth ARE SACRED WORDS and sikhs shud not use these words for naming persons, books, shops, schools, colleges etc.

Date: April 09, 2008 11:25PM

just to add some more thoughts.
The location and architecture, infact EVERYTHING linked to Harimandir, Sri Amritsar Sahib(i will also include the other 4 sarovars as well as I feel they are going to merge in the amritsar one day) sri Akal takhat is DIVINE and is related to the divine creation of Sachkhand and Karam khand.
Even the semantics of the names of these creations is Divine. Infact semantics of all the words coming from the Lotus mouth of Satguru Jee like degh, kirpan, keski, dastaar and so many other words is special and ALSO CONVEYS MESSAGES.
here is what i understand according to my avastha(which isnt tht great, hahahaha)
harimandir == sachkhand
bridge == bridge connecting karam khand and sachkhand
darshan deoori= karam khandians doing darshan of sachkhandians and god.
region around darshan deori= karam khand
akal takht = takhat of god(known by the name akal) in karam khand.The second part of the present version of 'Dasam Granth' which is called Akal Ustatt has some connection with this region. Infact many nihungs feel that this composition belongs to 6th Paatshah(we cant do research or debate about it as its purely karam khandian's business)
TERA ANT NA PARAVARRIYAAA
TUNHEEE TUNHEEE TUNHEEEE TUNHEEE TUNHEEE

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 03:46AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

khalsa jeeo,

the issue of dasam granth sahib is actually very simply but due to the shardaa/emotional aspect, many people become confused as do people who rely a bit too much on 'historical accounts', forgetting that historians are interpreters at best who always disagree with one another.

the main things to remember, which will clear our doubts, are the following:

(siree) guroo/satguroo (sahib) = vaheguroo/they who were given gurgadee by preceding siree satguroo/guroo sahib

gurbaaNee = that which was delivered by vaheguroo/(siree) guroo (sahib)

i believe we must give satkaar to all gurbaaNee i.e. namashkaar, dandaut, matha-tek etc. however, we must only treat siree guroo granth sahib jee as they who occupy the gurgadee, who have enthroned themselves so we can humbly consult them for all hukams, who have the chaur sahib waving above their royal personage etc.

before the gurgadee was transferred to siree guroo granth sahib jee, only siree dasmesh pita jee had the right to confer gurgadee - he did so in 1708 upon siree guroo granth sahib jee alone - the eternal guroo.

it follows that no-one within the panth, no matter how sincere and shardaa-inspired their motivation may be, including nihangs, disagrees with this fact. according to my knowledge, nihangs openly accept that they made the decisionto do parkaash od dasam granth sahib AFTER siree dasmesh pita jee discarded their mortal frame.

therefore, to parkaash any other gurbaaNee, including dasmesh pita jee's gurbanee, is to act against dasmesh pita jee’s expressed wishes. to act against guroo-dee-mat is by default man-dee-mat i.e. manmat. Dasmesh pita jee’s Hukams are best; what do we know? we have no say regarding their hukam, let alone the right to alter their hukam. this is a basic Gurmat precept. a slave follows as the master directs. s/he who doesn't, is a rebel and not a slave. issues such as parkaash of dasam granth sahib, sarbloh granth, pad-ched beeR would never had arisen had all the panth's leaders/opinion-leaders TRULY accepted the authority of siree guroo granth sahib jee.

however, i can see why nihangs would want to place dasmesh pita jee's gurbaaNee upon the same pedestal as siree guroo granth sahib jee. no doubt they did out of piyaar and shardaa. what they need to realise is that gursikh veers and bhains are not saying that dasam granth sahib jee should not be fully respected - blessed is the person who respects siree dasmesh pita jee's gurbaaNee, and box in complete reverence to their baaNee. just as i would bow to any gurbaaNee, be it ik akhar or a pothee, i respect all gurbaaNee.

however, notwithstanding this, the fact is that gursikhs have never and will never have the vested authority to decide gurgadee. the gurgadee is accompanied by the takht, the tabiyaa and the chaur sahib. my personal belief is that to place any other granth apart from the guroo-ordained laReevaar saroop upon the takht and to do chaur sahib is an act of manmat, however well-intentioned. that which was exemplified by dasmesh pita jee will hold true for eternity.

rehitnamae are helpful as well regarding clarification:

ਗ੍ਰੰਥਸਾਹਿਬਜੀਪਾਸਪਿੱਠਕਰਿਬੈਠੇਸੋਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ
gra(n)thh saahib jee paas pt(h) kar bait(h)ae so thanakhaaheeaa
those who turn their back towards 'granth sahib jee' while in their presence/while sitting will be punished.
> rehitnama, bhaee chaupaa singh jee

ਗੁਰੂਕਾਸਿਖਪਾਠਕਰਨਬੈਠੇਗ੍ਰੰਥਜੀਦਾਸੁਚੇਤਹੋਇਕੇਭੈਠੇ ॥
ਨੱਕਪਿੰਡਾਖੁਰਕਕੇਹੱਥਧੋਇਲਏ
guroo kaa sikh paat(h) karan bait(h)ae gra(n)thh jee dhaa suchaeth hoe kae bhait(h)ae || naak pi(n)ddaa khurak kae haathh dhhoe leae
the sikh of the guroo should wash their body, face and hands before sitting at the 'granth jee' to read gurbaaNee.
> rehitnama, bhaee chaupaa singh jee

for those who think it was siree dasmesh pita jee or gursikhs who lived during their lifetime or shortly after, who decided to do parkaaash of two or more granths, why do the rehitnamae above not mention more than one granth? i.e. a plural term. it is clear that only one granth is being mentioned.

i personally have no problem with placing dasam granth sahib on a manjee or rael, which is itself placed on a chadar(sheet) or raised platform, and doing dandaut. however, i would never place a canopy, chandowa or wave chaur sahib over dasam granth sahib.

if someone asked me:

"is jaap sahib/tav prasaad savaiye/chaoupaee sahib/dasam granth sahib etc. not guroo-kee-baaNee and hence, is it not your guroo?"

i would answer:

"it has been uttered by siree dasmesh pita jee and therefore in this sense, it is my guroo, therefore i bow in reverence to these baaneeaa(n) however, i am not allowed to treat any granth or collection of banneeaa(n) ON THE SAME LEVEL as siree guroo granth sahib jee, as per siree dasmesh pita jee's hukam - who knows better than guroo sahib?".

the best form of respect is to obey hukam - period. to disagree and do something contrary to hukams is not respect; it is to challenge and rebel.

ਹਰਿਜੋਕਿਛੁਕਰੇਸੁਆਪੇਆਪੇਓਹੁਪੂਛਿਨਕਿਸੈਕਰੇਬੀਚਾਰਿ॥
har jo kish karae s aapae aapae ouhu poosh n kisai karae beechaar |
that which the ever-new/ever-blossoming [vaheguroo] does, they do themselves, THEY DO NOT ASK ANYONE OR CONSULT THEM.

ਨਾਨਕਸੋਪ੍ਰਭੁਸਦਾਧਿਆਈਐਜਿਨਿਮੇਲਿਆਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਕਿਰਪਾਧਾਰਿ॥੪॥੧॥੫॥
naanak so prabh sadhaa dhiaaeeai jin maeliaa sathigur kirapaa dhaar |4|1|5|
nanak,forever meditate on upon that prabh [vaheguroo], who blessing us with his grace/mercy, unites us with the satguroo
> maharaaj jee - ang 1135

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: Harcharan Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2008 05:40AM

Bhai Manni Singh Ji's letter and Mata Sundri Ji's hukumnama prove that Bhai Manni Singh Ji complied Sri Dasam Granth Sahib.

Therefore in my opinion, it does not make sense that a Dasam Bir dated before 1708 exists.

There are many historical records of parkash of both Granth sahibs (18th and 19thc).

I also have a copy of a painting of both Granths at Darbar Sahib during mid 1800's, will try and dig it out.

From what I know, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib was removed once SGPC took control.

The early Panth/Shaheeds like Bhai Mehtab Singh Ji were all involved in the establishment of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji as one volume. It was the the early Panth (18thc) that decided to do parkaash of Dasam Bani.

Nobody is saying Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not Guru, nor disagreeing with Guru Gobind Singh Ji's hukum. It's simply a matter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Khalsa giving Dasam Pita's bani full satkaar - as it is Gur-Bani.

At the end of the day it's a non-issue. Dual (or even triple) Parkaash tradition has survived through today amongst the oldest samprada Budda Daal, so it's not a matter of returning to the old tradition or sticking to the SGPC established tradition, both traditions exist today.

It's easier to accept this and maintain harmonyrather than expounding our own mat over the Khalsa/Shaheeds of yestertear for something we can't change in any case.

Date: April 10, 2008 06:16AM

I agree calling DAsam Granth as Guru Dasam Granth will be manmatt as it never got gurgaddi. BUT JOINT parkash of Guru Granth Sahib Jee and Dasam Granth at TAKHTS is something thats making me think deep.

I feel construction of Amritsar SAhib, Harmandir Sahib, compilation and Parkash of Aad Granth in Harmandir Sahib and then construction of Akal Takhat is the most important part of sikh history.

AAD God lived in SACHKHAND.(AAD Granth,Jap Ji Sahib was parkashed in HARMANDIR). AAD God decides to start a play and create juggs and became JUGAAD God(Jap Ji Sahib + JAAP Sahib). He creates a Bridge and a Darshani deori and creates Karam khand and other khands brahamands etc. The Jugaad God takes the roop of AKAAL and constructs a fort in Karam Khand.( AKAL TAKHT outside darshani deorii). And his BACHITAAR NATAK starts. In this natak, CHANDI having CHARITARR is created. Demons and gods are created. Play of maya(wars, kaam, deceit,greed,anger) starts. In this play of maya, GYAN PRABODH is needed.CHAUBEES AVATAAR and other avataars are sent.SHASTAR NAAM MALA is created. KHALSA with MAHIMA is created. CHARITROPAKHIYAAN is created to help Khalsa and finaly BENTI CHAUPAI(by the author).
Its all in a sequence.

Date: April 10, 2008 06:21AM

Aad God(jap) = Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj jee sitting in Harmandir Sahib.
Jugaad God(jap + jaap)= Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj + Dasam Granth sitting in Akal Takht Sahib.

Date: April 10, 2008 09:09AM

pyare veer jeeooo

<< There are many historical records of parkash of both Granth sahibs (18th and 19thc). >>
veer jeoo, can u guide me where to get a hold of these records. I want records of 18th century.

<< I also have a copy of a painting of both Granths at Darbar Sahib during mid 1800's, will try and dig it out>>>>

PLEASE. I BEG FOR IT.

your daas

Date: April 10, 2008 10:20AM

"There are many historical records of parkash of both Granth sahibs (18th and 19thc)....I also have a copy of a painting of both Granths at Darbar Sahib during mid 1800's, will try and dig it out"

> people are confusing 'historical actuality' with gurmat. because something happened does not mean it was guroo jee's khushee i.e. parvaan regarding gurmat.

"AAD God lived in SACHKHAND.(AAD Granth,Jap Ji Sahib was parkashed in HARMANDIR). AAD God decides to start a play and create juggs and became JUGAAD God(Jap Ji Sahib + JAAP Sahib). He creates a Bridge and a Darshani deori and creates Karam khand and other khands brahamands etc. The Jugaad God takes the roop of AKAAL and constructs a fort in Karam Khand.( AKAL TAKHT outside darshani deorii). And his BACHITAAR NATAK starts. In this natak, CHANDI having CHARITARR is created. Demons and gods are created. Play of maya(wars, kaam, deceit,greed,anger) starts. In this play of maya, GYAN PRABODH is needed.CHAUBEES AVATAAR and other avataars are sent.SHASTAR NAAM MALA is created. KHALSA with MAHIMA is created. CHARITROPAKHIYAAN is created to help Khalsa and finaly BENTI CHAUPAI(by the author). Its all in a sequence".

> veer jee, with all due respect, your above thoughts, however so much well-intentioned, are a case of joining the dots in a certain way and getting a certain picture...one of many potential pictures.

regarding your theory, instead of stopping at just aad and jugaad, why did you not continue with hai bhee and hosee bhee? because our minds are selective and will find things to prove us right...instead of mutiple things arising that once we assimilate and differentiate, lead us to form a truth. the former is the chariot leading the horse whilst the latter is the horse keading the chariot.

also, my nimaan bentee is that you should not continue in this habit of labelling siree guroo granth sahib jee as 'aad granth'...they are aad, jugaaad and forever amar siree guroo grabth sahib jee.

"Aad God(jap) = Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj jee sitting in Harmandir Sahib.
Jugaad God(jap + jaap)= Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj + Dasam Granth sitting in Akal Takht Sahib."

> singh jee, please explain the above concept/statment. please do so in a clear manner without making abstract points.

we must be very careful when discussing just who has the vested guroo-ship...because of the lack of bibek-budhee amongst many 'sikhs', they are led by the nose this way and that by fake sants and 'guroos'. to talk of gurooship is no small matter and should be treated very seriously and handled very delicately, to avoid assumptions which lead to 'improper conclusions'.

dhanvaad.

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Date: April 10, 2008 02:04PM

Harinder Singh, e-mail me, I will e-mail you the picture.

Date: April 11, 2008 02:07AM

email is hidden.

Date: April 11, 2008 06:16AM

Now unhidden.

Date: April 11, 2008 06:51AM

<< also, my nimaan bentee is that you should not continue in this habit of labelling siree guroo granth sahib jee as 'aad granth'...they are aad, jugaaad and forever amar siree guroo grabth sahib jee.>>

when did i do this labelling ??

<< AAD Granth,Jap Ji Sahib was parkashed in HARMANDIR>>

Whats wrong with this ?
Aad Granth got parkashed in 1604.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib is MY LIVING Guru as well, It is a NIMAANI BENTI u shud be sure before writing the stuff that u wrote.

Posted by: sikh (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2008 03:18PM

KHALSA Jio
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

BANNI GURU GURU HAY BANNI

Sri Guru Granth Sahib is OUR LIVING Guru as well(AKAL PURKH dy namm{khas namm nahi} di vang GRANTH ji ka namm nahi ( not as other name biebal,kuran,puran ect.)
DASHMASH BANNI, BHI GURDAS JI , BHI NAND LAL JI BANNI is also as wellas GURBANNI

SRI DASHMASH JI posted Sri Guru Granth Sahib as GURU SATGURU JI

GUR KEHYAA SA KAR KMAVHOO GUR KI KARNI KAHY DHVOO
NANAK GURMET SACH SMAVHOO

SABH SIKHEN KO HUKAMM HAY(not Benti)
GURU MANYOO GRANTH GURU MANYOO GRANTH GURU MANYOO GRANTH GURU MANYOO GRANTH

Date: April 14, 2008 02:45AM

veer harinder singh jee,

some present day 'nihangs' refer to guroo granth sahib jee as 'adi guru darbar'. what they are trying to say is that siree guroo granth sahib jee is not the 'pooran satguroo, and is reliant upon dasam granth sahib and sarbloh granth being in parkaash state alongside them. this 'tri-granth' concept, i believe, is complete manmat.

my intention was just to ensure that you are not trying to say that siree guroo sahib jee's kalaa via siree guroo granth sahib jee's, is reliant upon any other 'granth' in any way.

bhul chuk maaf karna.

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib