ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

5 kakkaars at amrit sanchar
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 12:19AM

These days abhilakhis before getting pesh and entering the Guru Darbar wear punj kakkaars. I personally feel that after the amrit ceremony, punj singhs or other sevadaars present inside shud be decorating the body with 5 kakkaaars. The abhilaakhi shud enter the Guru Darbaar with just a clean body, kurtaa or ideally chollaaa and a piece of cloth covering his/her head(this piece of cloth will become keski/dastaar only after amrit chakkk).
I feel doing the above will have the following benefits:
1. it seems to be more in accordance with gurmat.
2. it will increase the importance, love, respect for the kakkaaars in the minds of amritdharis.( i have seen that many amritdharis are lazy with the 5 kakaar rehit, or even remove their kakkaar easily(without feeling guilt) during air travel).

Re: 5 kakkaars at amrit sanchar
Date: April 07, 2008 05:50AM

just to add, the punj kakkaars collectively are a STAMP that the body belongs to the house of Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj Jee and after the mohar stamped, the 5 kakkaars become a PERMANENT PART of the sikh's body and shud not leave his body even during antim sanskaar.
What a play!

Posted by: oothpathang (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 07:00AM

Wouldn't this be an innovation to the original ceremony? Innovations and deviations will just lead to further innovation and deviations.

Date: April 07, 2008 09:24AM

are u sure its an innovation ?
do u think that in 1699, the punj pyare and the other thousands of sikhs(charan pahul sikhs) and i guess even non-sikhs brought the kakkaars with them? That day Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj Jee must have blessed the sikhs with the 5 kakkaars.
Charan pahul sikhs long before 1699 must surely have been wearing keski(dastaar), kacherra, and even carry kangha(kesh is the most important thing for a sikh and sikhs must have been using comb I feel from Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj jee's time) and even a kirpan(From 6th patshah onwards, sikhs must have started wearing swords and this must have increased a lot after 1675 onwards).
Even then I feel on 1699, all people would not have been carrying/wearing the complete set of 5 things(which became 5 kakkaars on vaisakhi 1699) so Satguru jee must have blessed many of the sikhs with kakkaar/s that day.
5 kakkaars collectively are MOHAR stamped on the body(NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS) and who shud be stamping the mohar? Abhilakhi or Satguru Jee ????

Posted by: oothpathang (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 04:12PM

Dastar, well everyone comes wearing that. You were proposing that the abhilakhi should some wearing some cloth over the head. In the 1699 amrit sanchaar, i'm sure most Sikhs came wearing a Dastar on the head. Ultimately, I think that it is lack of good sangat which leads Gursikhs from having Kakkaar dhil. I think what you are proposing is what Singhs would do during the olden day before going for battle. Before the elder 2 Sahibzadaas got Shaheed, the 10th master himself dressed them ready for battle. The same was done for Banda Singh Bahadur before the 10th master got him ready to go to Punjab. Perhaps in a future Dharam Yudh we can keep this in mind. Now getting ready and dressing a warrior for battle would be really awe inspiring.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: April 07, 2008 04:14PM

At the time of receiving amrit, one must be wearing all punj kakaars. This is the maryada in all jathas and whole panth agrees on this unanimously. If they were to be given kakaars at a later moment than at the time of receiving amrit, the abhilakhis would be without kakaars for some time and this does not seem correct. As soon as one is an amritdhari, one must be wearing kakaars.

Kulbir Singh

Date: April 07, 2008 10:44PM

<< At the time of receiving amrit, one must be wearing all punj kakaars>>

yep. thats right. so after taking peshi if the punj singhs decide to bless the abhilaakhi with amrit, they can gift him the 5 kakkaaars there only ie. at the end of peshi.
In short, our mind shud know that the kakkaaars we are wearing have come from Guru Ghar. just as amrit is a daat, 5 kakkaars are a daat too.

Date: April 08, 2008 01:40AM

<< You were proposing that the abhilakhi should some wearing some cloth over the head. In the 1699 amrit sanchaar, i'm sure most Sikhs came wearing a Dastar on the head>>
pyare jeeoo, by peace of cloth i meant some sort of turban(pagg). For me words like keski, dastaar,bana, dumalla, cholla, farrla etc. are SPECIAL words and I only use these words when talking about mortals who have received amrit. plus there is a special way to tie keski, dastaar, dumalla.

<< This is the maryada in all jathas and whole panth agrees on this unanimously. If they were to be given kakaars at a later moment than at the time of receiving amrit, the abhilakhis would be without kakaars for some time and this does not seem correct. As soon as one is an amritdhari, one must be wearing kakaars.>>

Pyare veer ji, i feel the amrit sanchars where Dasam Pita were physically present can be called 100 % correct(with 100% surity), rest amrit sanchars organized after 1708 can have (very few, few,many, disaster) mistakes.
according to bhatt vahis(the oldest source of 1699 vaisakhi), Satguru jee GAVE/BLESSED people 5 things(kakkaars as they start with kakkaaa).
1. kachehra
2. karra
3, keski
4. kanga
5. kard(which i feel is kirpan, but even kard is a single edged small sword but kirpan i feel being single edged too also has a special shape that of gurmukhi one(ikkk))
5 kakkaars are not just some 5 useful(practical) things, just as degh is not just some food, before eating degh, we want Satguru jee to bhog it, same way I feel before putting kakkaars on our body FOR THE FIRST TIME, Satguru jee(guru roop sadhsangat) shud be involved and there is no doubt in my mind about this.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib