ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Stay Faithful...
Posted by: Jagjit Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2007 01:48PM

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

pyare jio, a nice post forwarded to me by a local Gursikh.....

Several years ago, a gyanee from out-of-town accepted a call to a
Gurdwara in canada

Some weeks after he arrived, he had an occasion to ride the bus from
his home to the downtown area. When he sat down, he discovered that the
driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, "You'd better give the quarter back. It would be wrong
to keep it." Then he thought, "Oh, forget it, it's only a quarter. Who
would worry about this little amount?

Anyway, the bus company gets too much fare; they will never miss it.
Accept it as a gift from Vaheguru and keep quiet.

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door, then he handed
the quarter to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change."

The driver, with a smile, replied, "Aren't you the new Gyanee in
town? I have been thinking a lot lately about going somewhere to worship. I
just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change. I ' ll
see you at gurdwara on Sunday."

When the Gyanee stepped off of the bus, he literally grabbed the
nearest light pole, held on, and said, "Oh Vaheguru, I almost sold your Son for a quarter."

Our lives are the only Teachings some people will ever read. This is a really scary example of how much people watch us as Sikhs and will put us to the test! Always be on guard -- and remember -- You carry the name of Guru ji on your shoulders when you call yourself "sikh."

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

One God: Waheguru
One Guru : Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
One Group : Guru Khalsa Panth!

This should be the Motto of Our Generation

Re: Stay Faithful...
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2007 03:08PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

Beautifull inpiration to keep up honesty. Being a Sikh we should be stay alert all the time. Those small exams rise or decay the character of not only a individual Sikh but the kaum as whole because we are the more vigilant kaum (community) on this planet. So one have to be very cautious on every step of life. That is why Sikhi is very difficult, expensive and not easy to hold on to unless one has full kirpa.

KHANAO(N) TIKHI VALO(N) NIKKI, Aait MARAG JANA.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Re: Stay Faithful...
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2007 07:08AM

Bharthri was an accomplished Yogi. He had great thirst to find out the truth of this world. He had given up his kingdom and taken to Yog. One day he was walking and he noticed something sparkling under the moon light. He thought to himself that someone has dropped a jewel or a gold coin. He thought of picking it up and giving it to someone in need. Having such thoughts, he moved forward to pick it up. As he picked it up his hands got stuck with something sticky. The thing he thought to be a jewel happened to be sputum or phlegm (matter that is ejected out during cough and includes saliva, mucus etc., in Punjabi Khangaar). He was disgusted and thought how his mann (mind) had deceived him again. He had left his kingdom that countless jewels and money but now his mind deceived him into picking up something that did not belong to him.

At that point Bharthar Yogi wrote a beautiful poem that I dont have access to at this time but if someone else can post it, it would be great.

This is how maya is. We want it so badly but when we get it, it never gives the desired result i.e. Anand. Anand can come only from Gur-shabad.

Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib