ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Tapobans views on farla
Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2007 02:21PM

What are the gurmat views of giving farla to nihang singhs who keep strict rehit and do lots of seva. Would'nt this just add to their ego, because their wearing farla. What did Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh say about this?

Could Bhai Kulbir Singh and other gursikhs please reply.

Re: Tapobans views on farla
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2007 02:16PM

I really have not thought of it since I don't know any Singh here who wears a Farla or would like to wear one. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee did not used to wear one and nor did any of the Singhs close to him wear one.

The idea of Farla is to acknowledge the chardi kala of a Gursikh. It's like bestowing a Siropa to someone. I hear that sangat bestows Farla to the deserving Singhs. As for haume, one can get haume from a number of rehits and paath but one cannot stop keeping those rehits or stop doing paath to escape such haume.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 10, 2007 10:12PM

Everything we do, good, bad or ugly, we do it in haume. So stopping what we are doing is not the way to terminate haumme. A person can develop haumme driving a motorbike, but that doesnt mean that person shud start pulling a rickshaw,lol. A person can develop haumme wearing a nice dumalla, but that doesnt mean one shud start wearing amlliyaan vargi disastrous pagg. One can develop haumme wearing bana, but that doesnt mean one shud start roaming around in a fattii hoye bannyaan, hahaha.
The only way to counter ego is to japp naam.
Haumme SHABAD JALAYE
So if somebody is sachii muchii chardikala, farla shudnt have much affect on such a person.

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2007 01:56PM

The point I am trying to make is. If one is a gurmukh, he wants to kep this hidden and be at every's feet. By that individual wearing a farla it shows he does x amounts of this paath, lots of naam abyiaas and seva. But would'nt the true gursikhs want to keep this hidden????? By him wearing farla shows every1 he is doing all these guns.

I personaly think by reading bhai randhir singhs books, he would be against farla because he would'nt want people to be attracted to him. A gurmukhs true attraction shouldonly be by his character, his radiant face and the naam attraction. Giving a farla to someone is equiverlant to giving a board notice to a chardin kala gursikh and writing all the chardi stuff in terms on naam abyiaas, gurbani and simran he has done.

Do my dear brothers Kulbir singh and harinder singh agree???????

I am not causing any fights, just opinion!!

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2007 04:55PM

I am not contesting what you have written. I was only trying to rationalize this practice of Nihungs. Before outright rejecting a practice of different jathas, we must try to see the positive in it and that is what I was trying to do. I personally don't subscribe to this practice and nor do Jatha Singhs.

On one hand I agree with you that wearing Farla may expose your kamaayee and rehit behit but on the other hand, if Singhs want to give you Farla and have you wear it, what can you do. Farla is like carrying Nishan Sahib and perhaps in olden days, this was a practice to promote the Sikh morale.

If Nihungs want to continue this practice, I personally don't have a problem with it. I just wish they give up their bhang and meat. Other than that, they are like gold. Minor differences don't matter.

Kulbir Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 05:15PM by admin.

Posted by: 123 (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2007 05:51PM

"I just wish they give up their bhang and meat"- Kulbir Singh

If one knows that certain Gursikhs are very chardikala but are indulging in anti-Sikh activitites, then should we not talk to the person and tell them what they are doing wrong.. i.e. Tapoban talk to the Nihangs..
Just an idea..
The link below shows a Nihang partaking in Jhatka; it looks so awful and merciless... I find it hard to believe that any of the Gurus used to do this...

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: raj karega khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: October 14, 2007 05:01PM

<I personally don't subscribe to this practice and nor do Jatha Singhs. >
One of the Singhs who does seva in the Punj at Jatha Smagams in Surrey, BC has a farla...

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib