Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ - hukamnama sahib - 19/3/2008
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: March 19, 2008 04:55AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

Sadh Sangat Jeeo,

Pls see below.

The link that always features at the end of my emails takes you to a site which presents the daily hukamnama, offers a translation and attempts to carry-out pad-ched (break the words to arrive at a meaning) of the daily hukamnama sahib from Darbaar Sahib.

Please note that pad-ched attempts are very often contentious. Also translations can never be perfect and very often are completely wrong. Therefore, let's start the journey towards interacting with Maharaaj Jee in such a way that He delivers updesh to us directly...the way He intended, by reading from LaReevaar roop (joined-words form) GurbaaNee.

Via this resource: [www.sikhitothemax.com] you can hover over laReevaar pankteeaa(n) and you are presented with an attempt at pad-ched to help you along when you get stuck. Sikhi To The Max 2 is about to be relaeased and includes lots of laReevaar functionality. The sevadaars involved should be congratulated for encouraging the Sangat in this manner.

Making it a daily habit to visit this link would be an excellent resolution this year given the 300 year anniversary of the installation of Maharaaj Jee's Saroop as the Eternal Guroo of the the Sikhs.

To start understanding GurbaaNee meanings without relying on very limited English interpretations of meanings, use: [www.srigranth.org].

This link will allow you to type words in Gurmukhee and view the Mahan Kosh entry for that word. For those who are unaware, Mahan Kosh is the most impressive and easily the most eminent GurbaaNee dictionary ever written and was authored by the distinguished Sikh scholar Bhai Kahn Singh, Nabha.

ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maharaaj Jee's Hukam today: [www.panthkhalsa.org]

ੴਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥
ਰਾਗੁਸੋਰਠਿਬਾਣੀਭਗਤਰਵਿਦਾਸਜੀਕੀ
ਜਬਹਮਹੋਤੇਤਬਤੂਨਾਹੀਅਬਤੂਹੀਮੈਨਾਹੀ॥
ਅਨਲਅਗਮਜੈਸੇਲਹਰਿਮਇਓਦਧਿਜਲਕੇਵਲਜਲਮਾਂਹੀ॥੧॥
ਮਾਧਵੇਕਿਆਕਹੀਐਭ੍ਰਮੁਐਸਾ॥
ਜੈਸਾਮਾਨੀਐਹੋਇਨਤੈਸਾ॥੧॥
ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਨਰਪਤਿਏਕੁਸਿੰਘਾਸਨਿਸੋਇਆਸੁਪਨੇਭਇਆਭਿਖਾਰੀ॥
ਅਛਤਰਾਜਬਿਛੁਰਤਦੁਖੁਪਾਇਆਸੋਗਤਿਭਈਹਮਾਰੀ॥੨॥
ਰਾਜਭੁਇਅੰਗਪ੍ਰਸੰਗਜੈਸੇਹਹਿਅਬਕਛੁਮਰਮੁਜਨਾਇਆ॥
ਅਨਿਕਕਟਕਜੈਸੇਭੂਲਿਪਰੇਅਬਕਹਤੇਕਹਨੁਨਆਇਆ॥੩॥
ਸਰਬੇਏਕੁਅਨੇਕੈਸੁਆਮੀਸਭਘਟਭੁੋਗਵੈਸੋਈ॥ (note: the ੋ should be directly above ਭੁ - unicode display problem)
ਕਹਿਰਵਿਦਾਸਹਾਥਪੈਨੇਰੈਸਹਜੇਹੋਇਸੁਹੋਈ॥੪॥੧॥
(Ang 657)

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU
RAAG SORAT’H THE WORD OF DEVOTEE RAVI DAAS JEE When I am in my ego then You are not with me.
Now that You are with me there is no egotism within me.
The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean but they are just water in water.
|| 1 ||
O Lord what can I say about such an illusion?
Things are not as they seem.
|| 1 ||
Pause || It is like the king who falls asleep upon his throne and dreams that he is a beggar.
His kingdom is intact but separated from it he suffers in sorrow.
Such is my own condition.
|| 2 ||
Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake the mystery has now been explained to me.
Like the many bracelets which I mistakenly thought were gold;
now I do not say what I said then.
|| 3 ||
The One Lord is pervading the many forms;
He enjoys Himself in all hearts.
Says Ravi Daas the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet.
Whatever will be will be.
|| 4 || 1 ||

ੴਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥
ਰਾਗੁ ਸੋਰਠਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਭਗਤ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਕੀ
ਜਬ ਹਮ ਹੋਤੇ ਤਬ ਤੂ ਨਾਹੀ ਅਬ ਤੂਹੀ ਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ॥
ਅਨਲ ਅਗਮ ਜੈਸੇ ਲਹਰਿ ਮਇ ਓਦਧਿ ਜਲ ਕੇਵਲ ਜਲ ਮਾਂਹੀ॥੧॥
ਮਾਧਵੇ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ਭ੍ਰਮੁ ਐਸਾ॥
ਜੈਸਾ ਮਾਨੀਐ ਹੋਇ ਨ ਤੈਸਾ॥੧॥
ਰਹਾਉ॥
ਨਰਪਤਿ ਏਕੁ ਸਿੰਘਾਸਨਿ ਸੋਇਆ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਭਇਆ ਭਿਖਾਰੀ॥
ਅਛਤ ਰਾਜ ਬਿਛੁਰਤ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੋ ਗਤਿ ਭਈ ਹਮਾਰੀ॥੨॥
ਰਾਜ ਭੁਇਅੰਗ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਗ ਜੈਸੇ ਹਹਿ ਅਬ ਕਛੁ ਮਰਮੁ ਜਨਾਇਆ॥
ਅਨਿਕ ਕਟਕ ਜੈਸੇ ਭੂਲਿ ਪਰੇ ਅਬ ਕਹਤੇ ਕਹਨੁ ਨ ਆਇਆ॥੩॥
ਸਰਬੇ ਏਕੁ ਅਨੇਕੈ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸਭ ਘਟ ਭੁੋਗਵੈ ਸੋਈ॥ (note: the ੋ should be directly above ਭੁ - unicode display problem)
ਕਹਿ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਹਾਥ ਪੈ ਨੇਰੈ ਸਹਜੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਹੋਈ॥੪॥੧॥
(Ang 657)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib