ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Sikhi on Divine Creation and Theory of Evolution
Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2008 05:45PM

What is Sikhi's views on the Divine Creation and the Theory of Evolution?

I would like some substantial information as I am using it for research at University. Gurbani information and historical references would be great!

Compared to other religions, are Sikhi's views similar or totally different?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Sikhi on Divine Creation and Theory of Evolution
Posted by: mandeep (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2008 11:22AM

i have no idea what sikhi says about how humans came on the planet or how the planet was created, i don't think sikhi goes to indepth with that, and some ppl will twist things around to say sikhi is against or for evolution.

Posted by: sidhu.hcl (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2008 11:17PM

Sikhi views abt divine creation is totally in abyence with the scientific findings, Infact they are written many many years before the astronauts have actually finded it.

Guruji also had supported the Big Bang Theory and Evolution of Stars theory.I will explain thm one by one.

If one reads JupJi Sahib dialy u can put ur brain stress on the spicific part in between "PANCH PARWAN panch pardhan, panche paawe dargahe maan..." to "aasnkh Jap aasnkh bhao.." U will see the whole theory of big band and evolution being explained.

Spicificly at "kita Pasaoo,iko kuwaooo.. tis te howe lakh dariyaoo" clearly states tht Guruji is talking abt Big Bang thory and theory of expanding of universe.

Further Guruji talks abt existance of lakhs of pataals and lakhs of aakash. "Lakh patala pataaal,lakh akaghan agaaas." which tells the existance of many stars, planets (like ours).

also the life of universe is yet not confirmed by scientists this thing is also expanied by Guruji . He clearly said
" kawn su vela ?, waqt kaun?,
Kawn thidh? kawn waar?
Kawn su rutti? maah Kawn? Jit hoya aakaar?
Vel na paya pandti.. je likhan lekh puraan
waqt na paya kaadiyan.. je likhan lekh quraan
Thidh waar na jogi jaane
Rutt maah na koi
ja karta sristi ko saaje , aape jane soye."
Guruji said the the exact age of universe no-one can tell coz this is creator's wish.many of species like us had came and gone.

Posted by: No_0ne (IP Logged)
Date: March 14, 2008 07:24AM

"Lakh patala pataaal,lakh akaghan agaaas."

^^ thats heavens and underworlds, nothing to with stars and planets.

Posted by: Bundha (IP Logged)
Date: March 14, 2008 07:31AM

In Chaupai Sahib Guru Sahib Ji says :

Jabh udh karkh karaa kartara prajah dharat taph dhay upparaa,
Jabh akharakh karb moh kaar hoe tumm mey dhiliat dhay dhar saab hoe.

Meaning : When Akaal Purkh breathed out then universe came into being - Big Bang.

When Akaal Purkh will bereath in, the whole universe will disappear within Him - Big crunch.

Date: March 15, 2008 02:13PM

No one Ji

refer to hindu shatras and sikhism

One planet can have only one sky and only one underwrld. whn lakh is reffered this clearly sybolises the peotry sence of GURUJI. BY saying this it clearly meant abt existance of lakhs of planets like ours nine.

I very appriciate BUNDHA's finding

Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: March 15, 2008 05:21PM

I was under the impression that Guru Granth Sahib Jee gives us a lot of insight into evolution and how the world and humans etc came about... the replies I have had so far are good but I need more in-depth information..

Please post as soon as possible

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: March 15, 2008 06:32PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bundha jio,

Quote "Meaning : When Akaal Purkh breathed out then universe came into being - Big Bang.
When Akaal Purkh will bereath in, the whole universe will disappear within Him - Big crunch."

For "breathed out" and "bereath in" do you mean it as a breath (ਸਾਹ)?

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Bundha (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2008 04:17AM

jub oodkrkh kra kartara. prja dhrt tab dai apara. jub aakrkh kart ho kabhoon. tum mai milat dai dhr sbhhoon (13)

When the Creator, projected Himself, His creations appeared in physical forms. Whenever, Creation is dissolved, all physical forms merge back into Him. (13)

KhalsaSpirit, here is another interpretation of the tukhs. I was of the impression it was “when God breathed out” but the end is the same, everything emanated from Akaal – Big Bang and when the time comes (although scientific theories differ, but they change their minds every six months) everything will merge back into Akaal. Some say the universe is expanding at an accelerated rate and will continue to do so, others say that at some point it will stop and start to contract, which is what Guru Ji says.

Also in Vaar Bhaguti Ji ki Guru Ji says :

The Lord first created the Khanda, the double edged sword and then this manifest world. Having created Brahama, Vishnu and Shiva, He created the entire play of qudarat (manifest world). He created the oceans, mountains sky and the earth which stands above unsupported by any pillars.

So back in the 17th century Guru Ji knew that the worlds were unsupported

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2008 08:16AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh,

Bundha jio,

Thanks for clarification on breath in breath out because that theory was bit strange and unjustice to the tuks presented. Secondly, again the english translation of first tuk of Pauri in Chandi di vaar is not justifying

Quote "Also in Vaar Bhaguti Ji ki Guru Ji says :
The Lord first created the Khanda, the double edged sword."

If lord first created double edged sword then it means there was availablity of materials first like iron or etc. Which is contradictory to the tuk and means there were materials first then double edged sword then rest of the world. But this is not what Guru Sahib mentioned in this pauri.

ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਭ ਸੈਸਾਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਦਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇ ਬਣਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਿੰਧੁ ਪਰਬਤ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਥੰਮਾਂ ਗਗਨਿ ਰਹਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਿਰਜੇ ਦਾਨੋ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬਾਦੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥
ਤੈ ਹੀ ਦੁਰਗਾ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ ਦੈਂਤਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਸੁ ਕਰਾਇਆ ॥
ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਰਾਮ ਲੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਬਾਣਾ ਦਹਿਸਿਰੁ ਘਾਇਆ ॥
ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਲੈ ਕੰਸੁ ਕੇਸੀਂ ਪਕੜਿ ਗਿਰਾਇਆ ॥
ਬਡੇ ਬਡੇ ਮੁਨਿ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਕਈਂ ਜੁਗ ਤਿਨੀ ਤਨੁ ਤਾਇਆ ॥
ਕਿਨੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥ (ਚੰਡੀ ਦੀ ਵਾਰ, ਪ: ੧੦)

Here the khanda means Waheguru naam da khanda means Waheguru himself. See word ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ. Which clearly gives the meaning of first tuk as: Because of first Waheguru naam (Khanda) existing the whole world is created. ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ gives meaning as already ਸਜਿਆ ਹੋਣ ਕਰਕੇ. Other wise the tuk would be ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜ ਕੇ ਜਿਨ ਸਭ ਸੈਸਾਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥

Having said that we respect your intention but first creation was not double edged sword it was/is/will Waheguru which is GURMANTAR. Rest of the pauri is very self explanatory but again in the last tuk Guru Sahib mentions ਕਿਨੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥ no one could find you at fullest.

This is what we can think of with our tush budhi, Guru Sahib forgive us for our mistakes.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: satnam22 (IP Logged)
Date: March 18, 2008 12:13AM

WJKK WJKF

If sikhi believes in evolutions via the big-bang theory then how do you explain the teachings of SATYUG, TRETAYUG, DUAPAR and KALYUG? It is said in Indian mythology that mans life was 100,000yrs in SATYUG, 10,000yrs in TRETAYUG, 1000yrs in DUAPAR and now 100yrs in KALYUG. Do these legends have an credence? If not, are we supposed to believe that the insaan (human) race came from monkeys apes etc ?

We talk a lot about DASAM DUAR (tenth gate), I find it hard to believe that this tenth gate (reserved for the human life form only) could have evolved from apes, monkeys etc who are a lower life form.

just my 2c...

WJKK WJKF

Date: April 02, 2008 02:44AM

Veer satnaam 22g Usually the age of a YUG is considered to be 5000yrs only.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib