ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Losing control of my sikhi, HELP!!!
Posted by: hsc13 (IP Logged)
Date: October 03, 2007 06:12PM

Saad Sangat Jee,

I need your help, with Guruji's kirpa I took Amrit more than a year ago. Things have been going well with my rehat until a few months now.

I am having problems getting up for Amritwela - despite many ardaases to Guruji I have not been getting up at all for Amritwela. My motivation for doing paath & simran has decreased considerably. On some days I only do my Nitnem - shame on me!!

I eat sometimes at restaurants and I ocassionaly do eat sweets with egg in it. Also I am addicted to drinking caffeine - which is totally anti gurmat. I am wondering because I don't practise bibeki that this is one of the reasons why I am losing control of my sikhi. And lastly, I have taken Amrit but my wife has not - and I am also wondering this may be the major problem.

Anyway - how can I gain control of my sikhi, should I get pesed or should I wait till my wife is ready to Amrit and take Amrit again when she is ready.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Re: Losing control of my sikhi, HELP!!!
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 04, 2007 06:13AM

The fact that you realize that you are faltering proves that you still have kirpa of Guru Sahib. The worse situation is when you are failing in Sikhi and dont realise it. Since you realise your loss, you are trying to save it. At this stage, my advise to you is to do sangat of Gursikhs, as much as you can and take your self away from doing anti-Gurmat activities. The most important effort to perform would be to do ardaas with true heart before Guru Sahib. Only Guru Sahibs grace can save us.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2007 07:21AM

Pyare Veer,
keeping a strong amritvela is pure Gurprasad, but to get up at around 4-4.30 in the morning and doing simran for an hour followed by nitnem isnt that big a deal. There are lakhs of nigure people in this world who get up between 4-5 for exercise, morning walk etc.
So completely missing amritvela is just unacceptable and is pure aalas. Amritvela shud be the top priority for a guru ka sikh. Without amritvela there is no bhagti happening.
Also, not keeping bibek is like burning ones own house. But these days people just cant control their jeeban,haha. You need to immediately get pesh before sangat or punj pyare, take some sazaa and come back on track. A person who doesnt get up at amritvela and has given up to his jeeb, well Satguru jee wont care much for the ardaas of such a person. You need to show atleast some love and respect for Satguru jee's rehit and then Satguru jee will be on ur side as Satguru jee is sada dyal.
Satguru jee kirpa karan
Bhul chukk maaf karni ji

Satguru Jee kirpa karan

Posted by: hardeep sengh (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2007 10:21AM

vaaheguroo jee kaa khalsaa
vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

ask the panj pyare for their advice

vaaheguroo jee kaa khalsaa
vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

Posted by: * (IP Logged)
Date: October 10, 2007 07:28AM

I have the same problem. I being trying hard but I could not go back on track for amritvela and simran these days i do only nitnem.

Posted by: learner (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2007 06:59AM

i also have a similar problem i took amrit about 2 yrs ago, thinks were good for the first few months but then after that i started relaxing my rehit without thinking of the real long term consequences of my actions..anyway there came a really dark point in my life where i had no rehit to relax..recently over the last few months with gurus kirpa i have at least tried to get things back on track..but because i became baemukh and turned my back on guru sahib things are very difficult and they should be difficult because thats what i deserve.

The idea was to do pesh infront of the panj pyare i was not sure when to do this but i dont know i now feel that maybe i need to tell my guru everything about my mistakes then maybe i will be rid of them from inside and can try and move forward with sikhi, otherwise even though i am trying now these past mistakes maybe are getting in the way. I dont know really i am a bit confused i would just like the opinion of others

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib