ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

questions re: tabiyaa dee seva
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2008 03:04AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਜੀਓ

a ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਸਿੰਘ recently said to me that when doing tabiyaa dee seva, and NOT reading from maharaaj jee's saroop, a singh should stand at the same level as the rest of the sangat i.e. should not sit at tabiyaa.

i have in the past noticed certain singhs who do tabiyaa dee seva in the UK and Canada who never seem to sit at tabiyaa unless doing paath.

what are the sangat's thougths.

ps - if anyone can use uchae avasthaa valae singhs, such as bhai sahib, baba attar singh jee, baba gurbachan singh jee etc. as examples, that would be very beneficial.

dhanvaad.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: questions re: tabiyaa dee seva
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2008 08:00AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Atma Sahib Jio,

We do not think there is any particular position which is better than other for Guru Sahib. We think it just depends upon the individual thinking (out of respect) to choose standing or sitting position. This is how we follow by considering these two scenarios and in both scenarios one way or other has some different way of feeling so we choose one over other.

1) In first scenario, when parkash is done on higher Takhat posh (bench). Now if divan hall area is large and divan is to held longer then usually we prefer to sit tabiyaan but some time we feel it is better to stand for following two reasons if divan hall area is small where sangat is sitting all most close to Takhat posh (bench) then feel bit uncomfortable because kirtan is being done just right next to the Takhat posh on which we sit. Of course for reading one have to sit any way. Second reason is in larger divans many Sangat (n) wants to do chaur di seva and sometimes time sevadaar Singh changes so frequently that we think it is better to stand because it is easier to revolve the seva.

2) In second scenario, when the parkash is done on same floor level of Sangat (like in Sri Darbar Sahib). In this case for some reason we think the standing seva does not look nice so we always feel better to sit the tabiyaan. Usually parkash on same floor level of sangat is done because or smaller divan hall or area. We noticed on casual kirtan smagams at our homes this the way most of time parkash is done and 99% of the time tabiyadaar Singh sits regardless of reading or not or short kirtan divans or Rainsabiaees.

As same as in Sri Darbar sahib where Granthi Singh sit the tabiyaan regardless of reading or not similarly almost in past 30 years we have seen Singhs sit the tabiyaan regardless of reading or not. Including Bhai Atma Singh ji Panjokhra Sahib wale, Bhai Ram Singh Jathedaar and many count less higher avastha Singhs there was no bharam ਭਰਮ about which way is better.

With this short analysis we conclude regardless of reading or not it is just up to the individual's choice whether to sit or stand. We think it relevant to share our experience of just past weekend. There was a kirtan Smagam at one Singh's residence past week end. The Parkash was done on Takhat posh and room size was small so sangat was sitting very close to each other and Kirtani Singhs were sitting right next to the Takhat posh and Guru Sahib gave us Chuar di seva and for some reason (one may name it out of respect) we preferred to stand throughout the program till Hukamnama. However, some other Singh might prefer to sit. So, it is individual's choice according to circumstances of the divan and we should not do any ਭਰਮ.

SATGUR KEE SEVA SAFAL HAI JAY KO KARAY CHIt LAI.

Guru Mehar karay,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2008 10:21AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Atma Singh jio,

This more than 30 years old picture speaks thousand words.
http://www.khalsaspirit.com/images/GuruSahibTabiyaan.jpg

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: February 22, 2008 06:36AM

I personally agree with Khalsaspirit jee.

Just last week, for the first time, this thought came to my mind too. I was sitting in tabiya of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee doing chaur di sewa and kirtan was going on. I got the thought that I was sitting higher than sangat but then I thought that all Gursikhs have been doing so and perhaps the sewadaar doing chaur sewa for Guru Sahib is fine sitting above sangat while doing sewa.

Take example of Nagar Kirtan. Maharaj jee's saroop is carried in a Rath (chariot or open vehicle) and the person who sits in tabiya of Siri Guru jee is even sitting higher than Punj Pyare who are walking on the road, let alone sangat. So there is no bharam about this. The above are just my personal thoughts. Ultimate truth lies with Guru Sahib themselves.

Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib