ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Shabad - Gur Nanak Nanak Har Soe
Posted by: Outwardly (IP Logged)
Date: January 23, 2008 03:21PM

A quick question regarding the following shabad:

goNfmhlw5]
gurumyrIpUjwgurugoibMdu]
gurumyrwpwrbRhmuguruBgvMqu]
gurumyrwdyauAlKAByau]
srbpUjcrngursyau]1]
guribnuAvrunwhImYQwau]
AnidnujpaugurUgurnwau]1]rhwau]
gurumyrwigAwnuguruirdYiDAwnu]
gurugopwlupurKuBgvwnu]
gurkIsrixrhaukrjoir]
gurUibnwmYnwhIhoru]2]
guruboihQuqwryBvpwir]
gursyvwjmqyCutkwir]
AMDkwrmihgurmMqRüaujwrw]
gurkYsMigsglinsqwrw]3]
gurupUrwpweIAYvfBwgI]
gurkIsyvwdUKunlwgI]
gurkwsbdunmytYkoie]
gurunwnkunwnkuhirsoie]4]7]9]

What is the meaning of the very last line, according to ViakarN (i.e. Aunkars)

If a Shabad is NOT written by Pehley Paatshah and 'Nanak' appears at the start of a line, in what context is this word used? Is Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji being addressed and why?

Regards

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa,
Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

Re: Shabad - Gur Nanak Nanak Har Soe
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 23, 2008 05:04PM

According to my meagre understanding, this shabad explains the greatness of the Guru. In the end, to make things clear for seekers as to who the 'Gur' described in this shabad is, Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee makes it clear that 'Guru is Nanak, and Hari too is Nanak'. The word 'soye' in the end indicates that there the adverb 'vee' or 'bhee' is gupt or hidden after Hari. There should be a jamkee (small pause) after first 'Nanak'.

The meanings done by Viyakaran Ustaad - Professor Sahib Singh have not done justice to the pankiti. His meanings are, 'Guru Nanak uss Parmatma daa roop hai'. While doing meanings Professor jee has taken into account only one 'Nanak' but if you look at the last pankitis the word 'Nanak' appears two times in one pankiti.

According to my humble understanding, the meanings done in the first paragraph seem to be correct. Baaki Guru Sahib knows the ultimate truth.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib