ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

some questions about bibek
Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 03:02AM

I have some dubidha thats really troubling me and will be EXTREMELY EXTREMELY thankful if this dubidha can be removed.
When cooking is done, is it compulsory for the amritdhari singh to give pehraa on the stuff thats cooked. Like if one keeps some chaval for boiling and in the meantime, goes to the bathroom to do some washing, is it okkkkk???????I know ideeally one shud give pehraa, but by not giving pehraa, will it make the food non-bibeki ???????

Another question is that, after the stuff is cooked , is it important to give pehraa on it, same as pehraa given to degh. Like if the family is non -amritdhari, can one leave the food in the house, go to work and eat the same food in the evening ????

Re: some questions about bibek
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 08:38AM

These are good questions. I think it all depends on the situation you are into. If you live alone, I don't see a need for pehra specially if you home is locked and your kitchen is safe from outsiders. If you live within a Gursikh Bibeki family, then too there is no problem. But if you live with non-devotees, then there is a real problem. Again, if you know that these non-devotee relatives are not going to touch your food and respect your religion, then you can be at little ease but one should never lose alertness. If one is living with such people whom one can't trust, then surely one's parshaada should not be left unattended. Eating unattended food would be compromising with rehit.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: staffsv (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 02:27PM

Sant Kartar Singh Ji Bhindrawaley explains in one of his katha that we should not even get off the seat while eating as "something else" come to do the bhog to this food then. I think it is important - very important to follow these principles.
2-3 years back when it was 300saala sahibzaadey gurpurb, a function was held at a sikhi school in Hayes in uk. I know a very close person and the description goes like this:

There was uncountable sangat who came to attend this Gurpurab JOD MELA celebrations. The arranfgements for langar was to be brought from various local gurdwaras as agreed. There was a special tent set up. Person known to me who was responsible for this duty was really worried thinking what if the langar gets short....He was doing ardaas inside his heart. Suddenly a gursikh in full baana appeared from nowhere and mentioned he is from Damdami taksal and wants to give help with langar serving seva. He was allowed. He performed ardaas with PARNAA(the scarf) wrapped aroung his face. Told everyone to leave it to him and gave special instructions not to leave the full lid open at all. One believes it or not thet so much langar was left at the end of the day with non-stop servings!!!!!!

Amazing. I've seen it happening.....

Khalsa ji, KHALSA PANTH is GREAT. Waheguru ji di kudrat waheguru hi jaaney. Saadey maayadhaariyan dee samajh to bahar hai.

Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2008 05:22AM

whatdo u mean by pehra denaa kulbir singh jeeo and harinder singh jeeo?

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2008 06:43AM

Abhiyaasee jeeo, 'pehra' means to keep guard on the food prepared according to Gurmat Bibek. If you prepare food with bibek and then leave it unattended, and someone touches it or eats out of it, then the food prepared is not longer Bibeki. For this reason, Singhs keep pehra on food they prepare, until it is consumed, same way as Degh after preparation is kept within pehra of Singhs till it is done bhog with and distributed to Sangat.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: hardeep sengh (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2008 12:18PM

YOU GUYS ARE ROUGH WHEN IT GETS TO FOOD ^^^

MY FAMILY DISLIKE SARBLOH UTENSILS HEHE

SO NO ONE EATS MY FOOD YAY

Posted by: ... (IP Logged)
Date: January 16, 2008 11:53AM

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh

erm i understand this is a sensitive topic (well from whenever ive discussed bibek with people it has been) so im trying to phrase this carefully

all i want to know, is what exactly would happen to the food if a non amritdhari person or someone who isnt a Gursikh touches it? i can understand that is a non amritdhari prepares it then naam/bani doesnt go into the food, but how can touching something make it unsuitable for consumption.

im really sorry if this came out wrong, i have a huge amount of respect for those who follow Maharaajs hukam. if i have said anything wrong or offended you in any way please forgive me. im still learning. thank you for your time.

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib