ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

SGGSJ questions....
Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: January 06, 2008 11:24AM

When Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is printed, is there someone that checks the Saroop to make sure it is according to Akal Takhat/SGPC Maryada?

Also, when there is a Sarooop is there some kind of Ardas performed or ceremony to mark that it is a Guru or is it just printed and "sold?" (I didn't want to use this word, but couldnt think of anything else)

Just a historical question... when did Saroops stop being published in the Lareevaar form to the more popular Pad Chhed form?

Re: SGGSJ questions....
Posted by: 00Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 01:53AM

Interesting post Ji. It's a shame that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is printed. It would have been far better, in my opinion, to have scholars and Calligraphers to handwrite the Maharaj Saroops. That way, as the avtar process would have been longer meaning that there would be fewer Saroops available thus making it less likely that SGGSJ is used for money making or other beadbi activities.

The Jewish faith employs people who's job is solely to write the Torah (their Holy Scripture) and a Torah is only written if commissioned, they're not on some production line have available at a local bookshop (for the exchange of some "seva") which unfortunately happens with SGGSJ Maharaj.

It would be interesting to find out if any Ardas and screening is done when a Maharaj Saroop is complete.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 07:12AM

vaheguroojeekakhalsa,vaheguroojeekeefateh!

veer/bhain 'yes' jee,

the following link (article followed by replies) may be helpful to you:

[www.tapoban.org]

in case you're interested, the following offers paath tips:

[www.tapoban.org]

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2008 04:47PM

Thanks for the replies, but these questions have not been addressed:

When Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is printed, is there someone that checks the Saroop to make sure it is according to Akal Takhat/SGPC Maryada?

Also, when there is a Sarooop is there some kind of Ardas performed or ceremony to mark that it is a Guru or is it just printed and "sold?"

Any info would be great!

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2008 03:10AM

Veer, the sarrop shud not be printed according to my understanding. This printing has come out of maya, it has become a money game and the reasonfor this is that people dont have any fear of Satguru Jee, in fact people have no idea about the power of Satguru Jee. I pity such people. Their present and their future are and will be just miserable.
<< The Jewish faith employs people who's job is solely to write the Torah >>
We need to do the same. but we dont have to EMPLOY people to write Dhur De Baani. Writing Gurbani is a HUGE HUGE seva and the person can get liberated by doing so. There is a gurbani tukk that says this but i cant remember that tukk r ight now. Just as gursikhs share various sevaavaan , this seva will be easily shared among naam jaapan vale PAKKE gursikhs. I guess in teh Khalsa Raaj thats surely going to happen.

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Posted by: Harinder Singh (IP Logged)
Date: January 16, 2008 11:46PM

May be just as we have Sri Akhand Path, we could have akhand writing of Gurbani to prepare a saroop of Satguru Jee. This will get great khushi of Satguru jee, same as Sri Akhand Path. Something tells me that this is going to be done in the future.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib