ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

co-workers and lunch
Posted by: malton (IP Logged)
Date: December 27, 2007 03:43PM

if a coworker or boss asked a sarblohi or bibeki to eat lunch with them, what response would be given?

Re: co-workers and lunch
Posted by: yes (IP Logged)
Date: December 27, 2007 05:54PM

I am not sarbloh bibek, however, I do not eat out. When at work, I make my own food from home and eat it in the canteen during my lunch break.

In terms of being asked to go out for lunch, I would explain my situation to them, they will most likely understand and respect you for it... just say I don't eat out as I am a strict vegetarian, this is what I say and it works..

Hope this helped =)

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 29, 2007 06:21AM

vaheguroojeekakhalsa,vaheguroojeekeefateh!

khalsa jee,

i just tell colleagues that it is spiritually negative for me to sit with people who are eating meat products or drinking alcohol. this means i get out of the christmas parties also. i get some dirty looks but hey, that's gurmat - we don't follow it to make dunneeaa(n)-valae khush with us.

i'm lucky - i live very close to home so have a warm lunch there. maharaaj jee dee kirpa - when we keep rehit, and keep it for the right reasons, he often helps by making things easier for us. certainly we would fail if he tested us too much but he preserves our honour out of love for us, constantly covering-up or shortfalls and mistakes so others don't think badly of us.

AMgIkwruEhukryqyrwkwrjsiBsvwrxw ]

a(n)geekaar ouhu karae thaeraa kaaraj sabh savaaranaa ||
He will accept You as His own, and all your affairs will be perfectly arranged.

sBnwglwsmrQusuAwmIsoikaumnhuivswry ]

sabhanaa galaa samarathh suaamee so kio manahu visaarae ||
Our Lord and Master is all-powerful to do all things, so why forget Him from your mind?

khY nwnku mMn myry sdw rhu hir nwly ]2]

kehai naanak ma(n)n maerae sadhaa rahu har naalae ||2||
Says Nanak, O my mind, remain always with the Lord. ||2||

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: Xylitol (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2008 03:25PM

When asked about the same thing I simply said I get more satisfaction from eating food that I've made myself.

At my workplace a gori was the only one out of all the workers (besides me) who didn't eat outside food for lunch. When people asked her why she simply said the same thing.

As for events with alcohol, I simply say that I don't want to be around people when they drink. It makes me feel uncomfortable b/c I don't drink and the atmosphere is different when people are drinking.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib